On the lookout for awesome new games

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now you're talking like an engineer.  But there is addiction, and there is who you are.  I'm kind of a compulsive person, and don't necessarily see some things like this as addiction.  To get a better

Dead of the winter I've tried last night in real life action, and I've lost

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Ooh, I use my Rise of Tribe CoCo's too when playing the game. My favorite is the Saber tooth tiger.

I'm in 4 giveaway for this kickstarter, 2 for the all-in  (BGR, Meeple University) and 2 for saber tray (Breaking Games).

Solo Mode Playtest contest (Today, May 12 is the LAST Day!)  to win a Rise of Tribes Sabertooth Dice Tray! Print and play the game by the end of the day today and tell us your tribe, score, level and epic moment to enter!

NEW Contest (until end/closing of this Kickstarter, May 19) - Yet another way to win a Rise of Tribes Sabertooth Dice tray AND one of our great games from Breaking Games.

I curious about The Stars Align by Breaking Games. Great title. It's a two player game about lining up stars to match patterns on cards. Has a day/night cycle.

Here is a link to their Kickstarter for the Rise of Tribes expansion that we have been mentioning. Time is almost up for it. Many of you may remember that Breaking Games did a tie in with Dog Might two years ago with the base game. A lot of us got cool CoCo with shapes from the game like the awesome Sabertooth Tiger. 

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/admagic/rise-of-tribes-beasts-and-bronze/description 

Ooh, @Serge Darveau, I was chatting through the Kickstarter comments with  Mike Veen who works for Breaking Games. I mentioned I had backed the expansion of Rise of Tribes because of you, and he said this about you in the comment section, "Nice! Thanks for the links, RomyCat. Serge Darveau has been a true champion of this campaign being active posting his solo play in the Facebook group as well. Thanks, Serge! Glad you got on RomyCat's radar. :)"

11 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Ooh, @Serge Darveau, I was chatting through the Kickstarter comments with  Mike Veen who works for Breaking Games. I mentioned I had backed the expansion of Rise of Tribes because of you, and he said this about you in the comment section, "Nice! Thanks for the links, RomyCat. Serge Darveau has been a true champion of this campaign being active posting his solo play in the Facebook group as well. Thanks, Serge! Glad you got on RomyCat's radar. :)"

Mike was really happy when I've won the game on the Meeple University's live. :) 

My daugther will received a part because I only need the expansion LOL :) 

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

I curious about The Stars Align by Breaking Games. Great title. It's a two player game about lining up stars to match patterns on cards. Has a day/night cycle.

Here is a link to their Kickstarter for the Rise of Tribes expansion that we have been mentioning. Time is almost up for it. Many of you may remember that Breaking Games did a tie in with Dog Might two years ago with the base game. A lot of us got cool CoCo with shapes from the game like the awesome Sabertooth Tiger. 

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/admagic/rise-of-tribes-beasts-and-bronze/description 

I don't have the game, but I do have the dragon tray.  😉

3 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

I really love the leopard tray that you could have gotten with the first Rise of Tribe. I soooo wanted it (as cats are my thing), but it was beyond my budget at the time.

Once things settle down, perhaps you could get permission from the RoT people and get @Konas to hook you up...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 12:58 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Dang it!  Nemesis Lockdown is live.  If you missed the first Nemesis, now is your chance.  It's an awesome game.

I still remember the cool cat mini. Just wondering, how often have you played it? Is it really worth the high price?

12 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I still remember the cool cat mini. Just wondering, how often have you played it? Is it really worth the high price?

We played it about 10 time so far.  Definitely worth the price for me.  Very memorable games, but the more people you have (and helps to have at least a few people that don't mind being a villian) the funner it is.  Everyone has their own hidden agenda, but you can't make it out alive without help from others.  Some are like player A has to die and the ship returns to Earth.  Others are like you need to get the ship to Mars with an alien corpse.  Others are like destroy the ship and return with an egg.  You can't actively hurt the other players, but you could close a door so a player fleeing from an alien can't escape.  Or you could throw a grenade in a room that you are in if there is an alien in there too.  Or you could skip helping a player with an alien.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:14 AM, Barb Bliss said:

We played it about 10 time so far.  Definitely worth the price for me.  Very memorable games, but the more people you have (and helps to have at least a few people that don't mind being a villian) the funner it is.  Everyone has their own hidden agenda, but you can't make it out alive without help from others.  Some are like player A has to die and the ship returns to Earth.  Others are like you need to get the ship to Mars with an alien corpse.  Others are like destroy the ship and return with an egg.  You can't actively hurt the other players, but you could close a door so a player fleeing from an alien can't escape.  Or you could throw a grenade in a room that you are in if there is an alien in there too.  Or you could skip helping a player with an alien.

Ah, sounds intriguing. Right now, most of the games I play are only with our sister. Since the Virus hit, we don't get to go to the monthly Gaming meetups. So if it needs a lot of people, it won't get played much by my sister and me.

On 6/7/2020 at 1:54 PM, RomyCat said:

Ah, sounds intriguing. Right now, most of the games I play are only with our sister. Since the Virus hit, we don't get to go to the monthly Gaming meetups. So if it needs a lot of people, it won't get played much by my sister and me.

By the time you see the game, covid will be in the rearview mirror pretty sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The sequel to the 7the Continue has launched. Over a million raised on Day 1.   This one has a chance to beat Frosthaven's record of being #1, as its first game currently holds #6 for the expansion What Goes Up Must Come Down. 

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seriouspoulp/the-7th-citadel-explore-build-you-are-the-hero/description