On the lookout for awesome new games

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now you're talking like an engineer.  But there is addiction, and there is who you are.  I'm kind of a compulsive person, and don't necessarily see some things like this as addiction.  To get a better

Dead of the winter I've tried last night in real life action, and I've lost

Posted Images

On 4/23/2020 at 10:23 AM, John said:

Can you guys make a dice tower that works with the dice trays that you make. I love the dice tray that I bought but no dice towers work with it

I've been asking @Konas for this.  My hope is they come up with an accessory bottom piece that can replace the bottom tray.  A base piece that acts like a pool slide.  Maybe with his time off, Mike can get creative.

On 4/25/2020 at 4:20 PM, Serge Darveau said:

If it's fitting in one tray, easy to make it. :) 

dt1.thumb.jpg.99a2ac9267b17bb17ae81be51df14fda.jpgdt2.thumb.jpg.86ca2a4f522b8186db5bee09ce8b4549.jpgdt3.thumb.jpg.888a38b2c03b834131ac7a52fe4f6034.jpgdt4.thumb.jpg.5e47391cc77995be7b1e739285f919c3.jpg

Cool @Serge Darveau.  I'd forgotten about those.  I still like the idea of reaching over my head and having a pool slide like thing glide them into the tray.  That design would work with a ton of the dragon tray designs that have differing widths of edges.

On 3/31/2020 at 12:41 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Frosthaven (separate follow on from Gloomhaven) just went live.  I just broke my new year's pledge to not pledge any new games.

Yep, I backed Gloomhaven. I'm excited to see that it is the 8th most funded project ever on Kickstarter and 2nd place for board games. Can it beat Kingdom Death with its $12,300,000?

4 hours ago, Zoxe said:

The Frosthaven campaign is wrapping up!  As I type it's a little north of $9.3M and the 2nd most funded tabletop game on KS (behind the sprawling Kingdom Death).  

Backed it even though I haven't gotten Gloomhaven on the table yet.

6 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Backed it even though I haven't gotten Gloomhaven on the table yet.

I went 'all in' despite having only about an hour more play time than you. :)

I love the idea; can never break off enough time consistently to drag it out. 

15 hours ago, Zoxe said:

I went 'all in' despite having only about an hour more play time than you. :)

I love the idea; can never break off enough time consistently to drag it out. 

For me, it's getting a group of people to consistently play with me.

11 hours ago, RomyCat said:

My sister and I logged 27 plays of Gloomhaven. We really enjoyed it. We need to get back to playing it again. Got plenty of time before Frosthaven arrives.

Without any spoilers, if you had a chance to get the contents of envelope X for $15, would you do it?

With 40 minutes to go, FH is the #1 backed board game on Kickstarter, knocking off KDM.

Poots/KDM put a post up that was really classy, urging them to set a new record, and then promptly backed FH from the main KDM account.  Isaac then posted a picture of himself and Poots at a past Gencon.  Is kind of an awesome day in an otherwise dreary year.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:06 AM, Barb Bliss said:

Without any spoilers, if you had a chance to get the contents of envelope X for $15, would you do it?

When we found the contents of envelope X, it says on the outside something like, "Open when you feel you deserve to."  My sister and I felt we still has a lot of room for improvement so we have not opened it. Now I'm really, really curious about what is inside. Need to play some more Gloomhaven soon and prove our worth.

4 hours ago, RomyCat said:

When we found the contents of envelope X, it says on the outside something like, "Open when you feel you deserve to."  My sister and I felt we still has a lot of room for improvement so we have not opened it. Now I'm really, really curious about what is inside. Need to play some more Gloomhaven soon and prove our worth.

I pledged the extra $15 to get the contents.  I hope they put them in a box that you can't see the contents.