Jump to content

On the lookout for awesome new games


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now you're talking like an engineer.  But there is addiction, and there is who you are.  I'm kind of a compulsive person, and don't necessarily see some things like this as addiction.  To get a better

Dead of the winter I've tried last night in real life action, and I've lost

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

You're right.  I just cancelled my pledge.

I agree they looked like good quality mats - but 

a) they don't look like they'd fit the table we use at our gaming club

b) I couldn't see $8/11 shipping for something that could be thrown in a flat rate envelope with very little risk.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 8:22 AM, Barb Bliss said:

I actually don't care for TM.  Everyone just sits in silence, and plots, so it feels more like work than what I'm hoping to get out of game night.

I thought you only played it once?  You guys sat in silence...hmmm...all I can ask is did you draft throughout the game?  Pretty much the consensus on BGG is that drafting is a must.  However, I would enjoy the game even without drafting so I'm a bit bias.  Silence is the complete opposite of my experience after around 30 plays.  More conversations st the table than any resource management game I've ever played.  I would really recommend playing it with young kids in TGs case though unless they are really really good with management and card combos.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, yatescory said:

I thought you only played it once?  You guys sat in silence...hmmm...all I can ask is did you draft throughout the game?  Pretty much the consensus on BGG is that drafting is a must.  However, I would enjoy the game even without drafting so I'm a bit bias.  Silence is the complete opposite of my experience after around 30 plays.  More conversations st the table than any resource management game I've ever played.  I would really recommend playing it with young kids in TGs case though unless they are really really good with management and card combos.  

There is usually 2 tables going at any one time.  Seems like the one table is always TM, and they are always in silence.  I play on the other table.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

There is usually 2 tables going at any one time.  Seems like the one table is always TM, and they are always in silence.  I play on the other table.

That's interesting.. because I'd say my group is far more like @yatescory's - we tend to talk a lot with TM. 

Ok.. we tend to swear at each other for messing up our moves - but that's talking, isn't it? :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

That's interesting.. because I'd say my group is far more like @yatescory's - we tend to talk a lot with TM. 

Ok.. we tend to swear at each other for messing up our moves - but that's talking, isn't it? :D

There are always people that want to play TM, but every stinkin' week?  Sometimes twice in a row?  How about some variety, huh?  So, the other table plays something else.  Maybe it's just my rose colored glasses, but it seems like our table always has more fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 10:42 AM, Barb Bliss said:

There are always people that want to play TM, but every stinkin' week?  Sometimes twice in a row?  How about some variety, huh?  So, the other table plays something else.  Maybe it's just my rose colored glasses, but it seems like our table always has more fun.

And having fun is what is most important.  If you're not having fun, then why are you playing games after all :D

It's like we had a group of people who would play Dominant Species every week sometimes multiple times..  I just couldn't like that game.

No game is perfect for everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister and I have played six out of the eight episodes for Scythe The Rise of Ferris. I must say, I’ve loved it as much as Pandemic Season 1. So many WOW moments. Great story. And you can reset everything and play it again, if you wish. Love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, not (strictly speaking) a new "game" but here's a potentially awesome addon to an existing skirmish game.

We met DGS Games at Reapercon and walked away so impressed that we bought 2 starter boxes (and I have sworn off skirmish games!).  Julie Guthrie is sculpting this dragon - she's done most of the ones for Reaper and is a living legend within the sculpting community.  The dragon will plug into their existing game (Freeblades) in a future update.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Need opinions, especially @Konas.  Monte Cook's project is out for pledgemanager.  There are a ton of add-ons.  Some are his Cypher rule book (revised), card deck, and character portfolios.  Are these worth adding on?  They add on $100, so I don't want to get them if they aren't worth it.

Ooh, they just left for Grandcon, but @Lindsey should know! She loves the Monte Cook stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Need opinions, especially @Konas.  Monte Cook's project is out for pledgemanager.  There are a ton of add-ons.  Some are his Cypher rule book (revised), card deck, and character portfolios.  Are these worth adding on?  They add on $100, so I don't want to get them if they aren't worth it.

Maybe the card deck but I probably wouldn't go in for those things. Plus they're almost always add ons you can get later from the next project if you decide you need them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...