Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

44 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

You assume i don’t have Charterstone preordered through csi or something. ;)  Clearly since it features pumpkins it’s going to be a knockout hit.

so many games I want to try and play.  I wish I was in the forums earlier to be part of some of these discussions.  Hate to break @Lindsey s heart here but I’ve never played dead of winter.  Heard a lot of good things about it though.

@Barb Bliss thanks for reminding me about bears vs babies.  I missed that Kickstarter.  Exploding kittens s gets some flack in the gaming community but i think it’s a great light game .  I love games like Scythe and too many bones that are full and rich with strategy but playing a Russian roulette style card game with cats where you can throw down nope cards has its place in my life.  

If you like EK, try looking up side effects in KS.  It looks like a hoot.

@serge, yeah the snow is thinking about getting serious here.  I hate it when my car acts as a snow plow going down the alley.  Gotta keep that momentum going or you get stuck.  I don't mind it nearly as much now that I get to work from home the vast majority of the time.  I broke my elbow about 5 years ago (in September), and decided to pay someone to shovel my snow.  God willing, I'll never have to go back to shoveling it all myself.

I know this is not a game, but these can be useful. I'm running out of space for my games and will need some new shelves soon. Also my current cheap shelves from Wal-mart are sagging a bit. I'm always having to be concerned about putting my heavier games on the bottom. With these gameshelves, my worries will be gone.

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/888782331/boxthrone-the-modular-board-game-shelving-system/description

Edited by RomyCat

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Ian Coyle, Some new artwork for Dino.  It's looking cool!

image.png.9f5c194d1dcfc7fd50e9351bd0e418b2.pngimage.png.271fea7c382f568172be5c048f35f0e9.pngimage.png.321afb59b692fe31cdfca2b683873f5f.png

image.png.2e54a177ddeb19a984faa0b4b54c564d.png

I know a lot of folks are all amped up about Dinosaur Island, but I think DinoGenics looks waaay cooler and will blow it out of the water when it’s all said and done.  

I agree that DinoGenics looks much better. The artwork of Dinosaur Island, especially the cover, did not impress me.

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

I agree that DinoGenics looks much better. The artwork of Dinosaur Island, especially the cover, did not impress me.

Yeah I thought both the art and graphic design were a confusing mess on Dinosaur Island.  I was glad DinoGenics came around to fill the Jurassic Park-sized hole in my gaming heart I didn’t even know I had.  Plus, goat meeples! That you feed to dinosaurs!!! 

86F13810-4D38-4F1E-992B-14D7D218BA3C.png

22 hours ago, Zoe said:

Omg, I didn't know about the goat meeples!!! Ahhh!!! Now I really want it!

Goat schmote.  I'm looking forward to the zombie t-rex aka z-rex.  The fences are pretty spectacular too.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:42 AM, tgpumpkin said:

You assume i don’t have Charterstone preordered through csi or something. ;)  Clearly since it features pumpkins it’s going to be a knockout hit.

so many games I want to try and play.  I wish I was in the forums earlier to be part of some of these discussions.  Hate to break @Lindsey s heart here but I’ve never played dead of winter.  Heard a lot of good things about it though.

@Barb Bliss thanks for reminding me about bears vs babies.  I missed that Kickstarter.  Exploding kittens s gets some flack in the gaming community but i think it’s a great light game .  I love games like Scythe and too many bones that are full and rich with strategy but playing a Russian roulette style card game with cats where you can throw down nope cards has its place in my life.  

The next time we are at a con together we'll play it and you will learn why it's the greatest game ever!

KS project: Monster Slaughter in its last 48 hours.  A ton of stretch goals have been achieved, and the game is looking awesome.  They've included Mulder and Scully, Croc' Dundee, "machette", Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the "swamp thing" family, and are about to unlock the "evil clowns" family. LOL!

image.png.33cfc0a7fab280d42ece6df608c3e484.png

image.png.9e8c10cfb9b5f696083142e9c9e13528.png

I really want to back that...but I had to choose between Monster Slaughter and Folklore: The Affliction. My game group will likely get more play time and enjoyment out of Folklore, so that made the choice for me.

:/  I just don’t know what to say about this one.  I’ll admit there are at least 4 monopoly version in my house, but I don’t play them unless forced to.