Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

"It has it in spades."  lol

Solid video game.  A modern classic. Again I have hang ups with licensed board games.  Games rethemed I am okay with....but playing a board game version of another product usually freezes me out.

For those of you that missed out on Village Attacks while it was on KS, you have another chance.  Expansion coming in October.  These usually allow you to also get the original game.

image.png.90fe92720df8509d2cd2496dbec69c7a.png

On 8/15/2019 at 6:47 AM, Barb Bliss said:

For those of you that missed out on Village Attacks while it was on KS, you have another chance.  Expansion coming in October.  These usually allow you to also get the original game.

image.png.90fe92720df8509d2cd2496dbec69c7a.png

They released a picture of the first new mini

image.png.1121e2e38e8edd905464d63e22164f53.png

image.png.901dfd77ba351e2d65e703d7e536637f.png

Posted (edited)

Another expansion to a game I really like (Gugong) is going live on KS 9/2-9/20.  Some preview stuff on BGG.  It's a chance to pickup Gugong if you missed the original campaign.  Top notch quality box, board, components.  Expansion contains 4 expansion modules you can pick and choose to use.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/285560/gugng-panjun

Edited by Barb Bliss

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Another expansion to a game I really like (Gugong) is going live on KS 9/2-9/20.  Some preview stuff on BGG.  It's a chance to pickup Gugong if you missed the original campaign.  Top notch quality box, board, components.  Expansion contains 4 expansion modules you can pick and choose to use.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/285560/gugng-panjun

Info from the email

Hello Gùgōng backers!

After the great success of Gùgōng last year, we asked Andreas Steding to work on one or more expansions. What he then came up with a few months later simply blew us away! 

The result is Gùgōng: Pànjūn, an expansion box containing 4 great expansion modules. Each module delivers exciting new gameplay and increases the replayability of Gùgōng considerably. The fun thing is that you can combine those modules to your own wish.

457601d1a6cbf80e0055f129ce8d62d7_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1567000784&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=95f1d9784e37b4868e5f6def57681bf2

We will launch this expansion box on Kickstarter next week! If you enjoyed playing Gùgōng, be sure to check our campaign on  Monday, September 2 (at 11am PDT / 2pm EDT / 8pm CET)! 

What pledge levels can you expect?

• Gùgōng: Pànjūn deluxe expansion: 4 expansion modules in 1 box
  • Gùgōng: deluxe big box (includes the base deluxe game & Pànjūn deluxe expansion, for everyone who missed our first Kickstarter)
  • Gùgōng deluxe velvet slipcase add-on to store your own deluxe box of the base game and the expansion box in one eye-catching case!

There has already been some confusing about the slipcase. It's important to note that this slipcase is NOT just a thin box sleeve. It's a stirdy cardboard box with the same thickness and velvet finish as the big box. The slipcase will look and feel exactly the same as the big box, so there is no need to have the big box as well. First time backers will not only have a box that looks exactly the same as the big box, but will also be the only ones to have ALL the artwork of the base deluxe game AND the expansion deluxe game.

More info about the different modules is described on the Boardgamegeek page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/285560/gugng-panjun

In the next few days we'll post more details, the rulebook and more images.

e2bb993027e73f319d266394d919e9a1_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1567001479&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=afbe131f1a22f5c8a8292550e85050aa

11 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Info from the email

Hello Gùgōng backers!

After the great success of Gùgōng last year, we asked Andreas Steding to work on one or more expansions. What he then came up with a few months later simply blew us away! 

The result is Gùgōng: Pànjūn, an expansion box containing 4 great expansion modules. Each module delivers exciting new gameplay and increases the replayability of Gùgōng considerably. The fun thing is that you can combine those modules to your own wish.

457601d1a6cbf80e0055f129ce8d62d7_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1567000784&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=95f1d9784e37b4868e5f6def57681bf2

We will launch this expansion box on Kickstarter next week! If you enjoyed playing Gùgōng, be sure to check our campaign on  Monday, September 2 (at 11am PDT / 2pm EDT / 8pm CET)! 

What pledge levels can you expect?

• Gùgōng: Pànjūn deluxe expansion: 4 expansion modules in 1 box
  • Gùgōng: deluxe big box (includes the base deluxe game & Pànjūn deluxe expansion, for everyone who missed our first Kickstarter)
  • Gùgōng deluxe velvet slipcase add-on to store your own deluxe box of the base game and the expansion box in one eye-catching case!

There has already been some confusing about the slipcase. It's important to note that this slipcase is NOT just a thin box sleeve. It's a stirdy cardboard box with the same thickness and velvet finish as the big box. The slipcase will look and feel exactly the same as the big box, so there is no need to have the big box as well. First time backers will not only have a box that looks exactly the same as the big box, but will also be the only ones to have ALL the artwork of the base deluxe game AND the expansion deluxe game.

More info about the different modules is described on the Boardgamegeek page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/285560/gugng-panjun

In the next few days we'll post more details, the rulebook and more images.

e2bb993027e73f319d266394d919e9a1_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1567001479&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=afbe131f1a22f5c8a8292550e85050aa

No matter how hard you try @Barb Bliss I won't let you spend my money.

I wont....

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

It's a really good game.

The last game I'm letting myself get for the year is Tapestry.  The only reason I'm doing that is because I have a soft spot for Stonemaier games.  Loved Scythe.  Loved Wingspan.  

Of course saying this and doing it are 2 different things :P 

10 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

The last game I'm letting myself get for the year is Tapestry.  The only reason I'm doing that is because I have a soft spot for Stonemaier games.  Loved Scythe.  Loved Wingspan.  

Of course saying this and doing it are 2 different things :P 

What if Dog Might releases a game this year?  😇

10 hours ago, RomyCat said:

What if Dog Might releases a game this year?  😇

Clearly DMG falls outside the natural laws of my wallet.  Isn’t that what being an Underdog is all about?

I've not heard of Nouvelle before but it looks cool. Love how snow layers add more tension to the game as it progresses.

I am considering backing Mint Cooperative. I like the other two Mint games I have.

1 minute ago, RomyCat said:

I've not heard of Nouvelle before but it looks cool. Love how snow layers add more tension to the game as it progresses.

I am considering backing Mint Cooperative. I like the other two Mint games I have.

$10 is pretty reasonable...

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1384717505/upstairs-downstairs-an-obsession-expansion

Obsession was one of those games I didn't originally back due budget, but I kept thinking occasionally about, wishing I had gotten it. Now I have a second chance as its back on Kickstarter with an new expansion. I love the Jane Austen Victorian theme. And on BGG, I heard a number of people chatting about how they enjoyed the game.

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

$10 is pretty reasonable...

Yep, very reasonable indeed. And my sister is hinting to me I should get it.

12 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Village Attacks expansion just went live.  Cool game with cool minis.  Barb gives 2 thumbs up.

I was going to mention that but figured you already knew :D

Last year:  "I am totally not going to back any more dungeon crawlers on Kickstarter." -- Zoxe

Earlier this year:  "I already have too much to paint."  -- Zoxe

January 2019:  "I don't play the games I already have. No more big sprawling KS games."  -- Zoxe

October 2019:  "Awwww, crap. Infinity Defiance."  -- Zoxe

3 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Last year:  "I am totally not going to back any more dungeon crawlers on Kickstarter." -- Zoxe

Earlier this year:  "I already have too much to paint."  -- Zoxe

January 2019:  "I don't play the games I already have. No more big sprawling KS games."  -- Zoxe

October 2019:  "Awwww, crap. Infinity Defiance."  -- Zoxe

Man I saw ish I could go in on this it looks and sounds amazing I watched OTT's let's play this morning.