Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Fortunately for my wallet, this one never really seemed to appeal to me. Although at the $81 price, if I had been interested, it would've been enough for me to pick it up.

I've been pretty good not buying NEW games.  I've been buying expansions...but only games I backed this year that were new were Suburbia and On Mars (which I bundled with Gallerist).  

Getting 3 total new games from Kickstarter after almost half a year has passed I think has me matching pace with my goal of no more than 1 new game kickstarter a month.

If I count expansions I'm failing though.  :D

19 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I've been pretty good not buying NEW games.  I've been buying expansions...but only games I backed this year that were new were Suburbia and On Mars (which I bundled with Gallerist).  

Getting 3 total new games from Kickstarter after almost half a year has passed I think has me matching pace with my goal of no more than 1 new game kickstarter a month.

If I count expansions I'm failing though.  :D

I wish I could report the same restraint. Or do I...

The new Too Many Bones KS has gone over $1 million in just a 10 day campaign.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Such a great game.  The only thing I was on the fence about was their trove box.  Shelling out 75 bones for a storage solution just feels overpriced.  I backed it...then I backed out of it.  Maybe I'll back it again in the PM I don't know.

7 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Such a great game.  The only thing I was on the fence about was their trove box.  Shelling out 75 bones for a storage solution just feels overpriced.  I backed it...then I backed out of it.  Maybe I'll back it again in the PM I don't know.

The price for the Trove Box was high, but given that comes with trays, chip boxes and some other stuff, it felt like it wasn't paying strictly for the box. Also, given that my current TMB box weighs close to 15 lbs, I can imagine how industrial this new storage box is going to be. I've never splurged for a storage solution for any other game, so I figured this would be a good one to do it for.

Just now, Adam said:

The price for the Trove Box was high, but given that comes with trays, chip boxes and some other stuff, it felt like it wasn't paying strictly for the box. Also, given that my current TMB box weighs close to 15 lbs, I can imagine how industrial this new storage box is going to be. I've never splurged for a storage solution for any other game, so I figured this would be a good one to do it for.

I totally get it.  I do.  I might jump on it in the PM still who knows.

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

Do it! :D

I love Gloomhaven. My sister and I have logged 27 games, I think. We have been wanting to get it out and play again soon. The issue with owning too many games. So many I want to play...but time is limited. Also another reason to buy less games. 

I've only back 3 Kickstarters this year, and only 1 was a game.  So far, I've only bought 6 new games and one expansion this year. Two where cheap ones using a gift card. Another was half price at Dirt Cheap. And yet another was a cheap used one from a friend. 

I'm still tracking everything at: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/248934/item/6599422#item6599422

Overall, I'm doing very well, far better than the last few years.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Ha, I read this and thought I'd missed the announcement for the next Reaper Bones KS.  :) :)

4 hours ago, Adam said:

I never got this game.  Given how many games I already have, the catchup cost is just too much.  Though that temptress that pointed out the unicorn dice sucked me into that.

7 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Ha, I read this and thought I'd missed the announcement for the next Reaper Bones KS.  :) :)

I have heard much about Too Many Bones. I would love to play the game, to see if I would like to buy it.  It is on the expensive side, but it is suppose to have very high quality production.

4 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I have heard much about Too Many Bones. I would love to play the game, to see if I would like to buy it.  It is on the expensive side, but it is suppose to have very high quality production.

The components and production are definitely unlike any other game I have.

6 hours ago, Adam said:

The components and production are definitely unlike any other game I have.

Sooooo gooooouuuuurrrrrrrddddddd

Posted (edited)

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1152516291/roll-player-fiends-and-familiars-expansion/comments

I know @tgpumpkin already backed this game because he is in the comments on the Kickstarter page. I love the interaction of the designer Keith Matejka with the backers. Lots of feedback is invited for new familiars, backstories, race's names. I really like that.  I own both the base game and the other expansion. Both are great. There is an option that to get a Big Box to hold base and both expansion. The Big Box will not be coming to retail.

Edited by RomyCat

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tcokgame/the-isle-of-cats?ref=user_menu

This one was brought to my attention by @Barb Bliss. I could not pass on this game. Hits all the right marks: beloved theme, Tetris-like mechanics, great artwork, cute meeples, both easy "family" version and normal "gamer" version, experienced designer with excellent track record, and good game reviews. Other than price, I can't see any negatives. 

17 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1152516291/roll-player-fiends-and-familiars-expansion/comments

I know @tgpumpkin already backed this game because he is in the comments on the Kickstarter page. I love the interaction of the designer Keith Matejka with the backers. Lots of feedback is invited for new familiars, backstories, race's names. I really like that.  I own both the base game and the other expansion. Both are great. There is an option that to get a Big Box to hold base and both expansion. The Big Box will not be coming to retail.

I backed this one for expansion and big box.  Thanks to the bank, I'm not watching the comments.

Saw this demo'd (over someone else's shoulder) at Adepticon. It looked pretty lightweight and quick to play.  

Full disclosure:  Jonathan of Panda Cult Games is the husband of Elizabeth Beckley, studio painter for Kingdom Death and Steamforged and part of Miniature Monthly that I've posted so much about.

12 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Saw this demo'd (over someone else's shoulder) at Adepticon. It looked pretty lightweight and quick to play.  

Full disclosure:  Jonathan of Panda Cult Games is the husband of Elizabeth Beckley, studio painter for Kingdom Death and Steamforged and part of Miniature Monthly that I've posted so much about.

We have the video game and its just amazing. Plague Knight is just too cute

On 7/2/2019 at 8:31 PM, Zoxe said:

Cute video. I want the game now, but I've reached the end of my budget already. I'm backing Isle of Cats and Roll Player expansion.  Perhaps I will get in in retail later.

Just now, RomyCat said:

Cute video. I want the game now, but I've reached the end of my budget already. I'm backing Isle of Cats and Roll Player expansion.  Perhaps I will get in in retail later.

I spent @RomyCat's money!