Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

I am aghast. I really don't know what to say. How is this even possible?

And it is suspended already. That was quick. I guess KS doesn't like the negative press.

That article is very sad. He knew he was on live-stream and he acted like that?  How does he act when not being recorded?  I'm glad to see that the children have been taken away.

Just went and read all the back post. What a terrible guy he is. I'm glad he was reported to the police. 

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

@RomyCat, Saw this in my email.  It seems quite popular with all the people sending me emails for backing it.  Sorry no link...

image.png.36479292fc8eb3df6f0f279a7142f292.png

@Barb Bliss same with me.  I've gotten 3-4 telling me they're backing.  Maybe I should give it a second look but it didn't stand out to me originally.

9 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

@Barb Bliss same with me.  I've gotten 3-4 telling me they're backing.  Maybe I should give it a second look but it didn't stand out to me originally.

I've backed it for now, especially since they have a fixed shipping for US specified.

It reminds me a lot of Tang Garden, which I'm eagerly waiting for. I really like Eduardo Baraf who runs Pencil First company. I've backed several of his games and watched a lot of his video reviews. I like that he gives shout-out to lots of other games, not just the ones from his company. He is also good friends with Keith Matejk who designed Roll Player. They worked on the game Skull Hollow together, which I am also waiting on delivery for. 

As Tang Garden has the same theme as this one, I might skip it. Mainly because I'm forcing myself to limit how many games I back on Kickstarter this year. I've done really, really good so far. I've only backed 1 game and 2 game-related projects. (Thanks to Barb, I'm getting Animal Adventures: Tales of Cats and Catacombs)

If you guys haven't backed Egizia, you should consider it if you like games like Stone Age, but a step up.  It's a classic euro that hasn't been in print for many years.  The kickstarter contains the original game on one side and the new version with new mechanics.  The retail will NOT contain the classic version.  The price point is very attractive.  I have a feeling people will be kicking themselves later for not backing to get the exclusive board and extras.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/strongholdgames/egizia-shifting-sands

3 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Today's "THE DROP" on miniature market is Gloomhaven. Will drop 7% per day.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/cph0204.html

Wow, that is the lowest I have ever seen the game. Good thing I already own it or I would be tempted to grab it.  

A few days ago I say an link on BGG to "pre-order" Wingspan for $55 on Amazon. I ordered it. Within an hour the price was back up to $80 plus $16 shipping. I have been watching it price jump back and forth form month. Decided to get it while it was briefly an its base price.

28 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Wow, that is the lowest I have ever seen the game. Good thing I already own it or I would be tempted to grab it.  

A few days ago I say an link on BGG to "pre-order" Wingspan for $55 on Amazon. I ordered it. Within an hour the price was back up to $80 plus $16 shipping. I have been watching it price jump back and forth form month. Decided to get it while it was briefly an its base price.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with Wingspan. I've been playing that one more than anything else lately. AND, I finally beat the Automa for the first time last night in a nail biter, it was 80-79. Took me a bit to start getting a feel for it, for the longest time I could not get more than like 65 points. For being as light as it is in complexity, it still has enough going for it that you don't get bored.

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Yes, lowest I've seen too. And the way that the drop works, it'll be 7% cheaper tomorrow. And again the day after. Assuming there are any copies left. Don't know how many copies they have to move, but once their allocation is done their price will move back to normal.

Normally on larger priced items (this is almost $100), I've seen a more modest drop of 3% or so. The 7% is pretty aggressive given the price. I bet it doesn't go too many days.

1 hour ago, Zoxe said:

Yes, lowest I've seen too. And the way that the drop works, it'll be 7% cheaper tomorrow. And again the day after. Assuming there are any copies left. Don't know how many copies they have to move, but once their allocation is done their price will move back to normal.

Normally on larger priced items (this is almost $100), I've seen a more modest drop of 3% or so. The 7% is pretty aggressive given the price. I bet it doesn't go too many days.

Currently their site says they have 20+ copies.

3 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I still have to play my copy.

Fortunately for my wallet, this one never really seemed to appeal to me. Although at the $81 price, if I had been interested, it would've been enough for me to pick it up.