Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Update: The Game of Thrones Card Game has been suspended. 

Yeah - I've seen some pretty big train wrecks on KS -- but that one may have reached all new levels.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Yeah - I've seen some pretty big train wrecks on KS -- but that one may have reached all new levels.

This was the first truly brutal one I saw in real time.

37 minutes ago, Adam said:

I've seen things that were just as bad as the first day (the sarcasm/IP issues).

But the turn it took today was definitely a first.

15 hours ago, Adam said:

Agreed. That was pretty crazy to watch. I am really glad it is over in a lot of ways. It wasn't good for the gaming community in any fashion.

16 minutes ago, Konas said:

Agreed. That was pretty crazy to watch. I am really glad it is over in a lot of ways. It wasn't good for the gaming community in any fashion.

Totally agree. I enjoyed the comical aspect of it at first, but that dark turn was really off-putting. 

5 hours ago, Konas said:

It wasn't good for the gaming community in any fashion.

Just when we thought it was over, this guy has launched an Indiegogo campaign. This time though, he's not looking for people to back the game, instead he's "selling" GOT merch in an effort to raise enough money to acquire the license to produce and distribute his game. 

An absolute stain on the gaming community at this point.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-game-of-thrones-card-game#/

20 hours ago, Adam said:

Just when we thought it was over, this guy has launched an Indiegogo campaign. This time though, he's not looking for people to back the game, instead he's "selling" GOT merch in an effort to raise enough money to acquire the license to produce and distribute his game. 

An absolute stain on the gaming community at this point.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-game-of-thrones-card-game#/

On kickstater again....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/731021132/a-race-to-the-iron-throne-card-battle-game/description

3 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Just begun to read the comments, almost same style.

This is insane. I was hoping it was a joke. Maybe a backer from the first campaign trying to be funny. Even that would've been in poor taste after the last one ended. This is worse.

It's the first KS I've ever seen to threaten potential backers with legal action, and have a link on their campaign page to a law firm. No links to game play or anything, but they've got their lawyer accounted for.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Yeah. Like. What the fuck.

Can corroborate those photos with the guy's Facebook, for what it's worth. And the names, obviously.

3 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Can corroborate those photos with the guy's Facebook, for what it's worth. And the names, obviously.

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

I have NO words for this.

Just now, Konas said:

I have NO words for this.

As I can't look at most of this stuff, can someone one summarize what's so insane?

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

As I can't look at most of this stuff, can someone one summarize what's so insane?

The KS backers on the original campaign were trying to dig up dirt on the guy - or figure out why he was ridiculous enough to think launching a GoT card game was a good idea.

They found his YouTube account, which had a bunch of hours long streams on it. In one of those, there is audio of him screaming and possibly beating one of his children while they scream. The backers immediately took action and sent these clips to the local CPS. There is now a news article from their local NBC news reporting on two missing children being found - using photos that are directly from the guy's Facebook, and their names match up. They found the two kids with their parents and for now don't think the kids are in immediate danger. They believe the parents fled/hid with the kids when they thought they were getting a visit from CPS.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

OMG, I don't know if I have time....I will try my best

•  Guy launches Game of Thrones card game with signatures from stars of show and GRR Martin on items
  •  The page is terribly amateurish
  •  Says he spoke to VP at HBO and secured rights
  •  Changes KS text to read that he doesn't need rights
  • Verbally abusive with KS commenters
  •  A backer finds a you tube vid of the creator harshly verbally abusing his children. Was no video of actual scene, just verbal. Camera was on some video game he was streaming
  •  KS commenters get in touch with police in creator's hometown and are actively archiving video.
  •  Creator changes KS avatar to a woman and writes that she is actually the creator of the game.
  •  KS is shut down.
  •  He launches on Indiegogo which I believe is shut down now.
  •  Today he launches again saying that it is not the same person.

I am sure I missed a lot but those are the salient points

1 minute ago, Zoe said:

The KS backers on the original campaign were trying to dig up dirt on the guy - or figure out why he was ridiculous enough to think launching a GoT card game was a good idea.

They found his YouTube account, which had a bunch of hours long streams on it. In one of those, there is audio of him screaming and possibly beating one of his children while they scream. The backers immediately took action and sent these clips to the local CPS. There is now a news article from their local NBC news reporting on two missing children being found - using photos that are directly from the guy's Facebook, and their names match up. They found the two kids with their parents and for now don't think the kids are in immediate danger. They believe the parents fled/hid with the kids when they thought they were getting a visit from CPS.

Sounds like he's got a mental disorder.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Sounds like he's got a mental disorder.

Some backers are finding now that there's more in some of his streams - sounds like he's trying to buy adderall in a couple, over the phone, which is not what I would have expected as his drug of choice. But yeah.

23 minutes ago, Zoe said:

AHEM.... *shakes swear jar at @Zoe *

I don't care that you work for DMG...the law is the law.

12 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

AHEM.... *shakes swear jar at @Zoe *

I don't care that you work for DMG...the law is the law.

I am exempt because it's cursing at a scumbag!!!

Just now, Zoe said:

I am exempt because it's cursing at a scumbag!!!

*stares sternly at @Zoe *

THE. LAW. IS. THE. LAW

I didn't care when I celebrated your products when I dropped my bombs.  I still paid the copper price. (to be specific...the 91% copper price...quarters have 9% nickel in them)

3 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

*stares sternly at @Zoe *

THE. LAW. IS. THE. LAW

I didn't care when I celebrated your products when I dropped my bombs.  I still paid the copper price. (to be specific...the 91% copper price...quarters have 9% nickel in them)

😑

*clink*