Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

11 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I feel slightly ashamed for backing it to be honest.  My assessment was that it was too expensive.  Problem is though I loved Simcity when I was younger and this oozes with that.  Combine that with the components and a highly rated game I had a moment of weakness and bit the bullet.

I've always been interested in the game, and now the upgraded artwork sold me, even at the higher price.

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

I've always been interested in the game, and now the upgraded artwork sold me, even at the higher price.

I’d like this but apparently my reactions haven’t refreshed.

@Konas

8255D4AB-9741-4C31-A38D-CBAEAABADD72.jpeg

• Haha 1

Brimstone Adventures (SoB KS #3) is up.  Funded in a few minutes and will probably blow through the first set of stretch goals while I'm typing this.  

As I mentioned, these two Adventure boxes are intended to be easier entry points into the Brimstone franchise.  They'll be smaller than the core boxes, and the Town phase (which honestly, we usually house-rule skip), and based on what I'm reading so far will offer some streamlined rules).

The Frost Giant model looks awesome.

The Trederra expansion that's offered at the higher pledge levels was totally a surprise.  Allows players to play as the "bad guys" in one of the more interesting Brimstone settings - Trederra is an alien planet, locked in a WW1 style trench war.  I'm really excited about this as it sounds supercool.

Flying Frog has a history of delivering late, BUT I fully expect that they'll deliver.

Edited by Zoxe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zoe said:

I see @tgpumpkin is already in that twitter thread. Did someone already share it here... if so, shame on me... if not, shame on all of you for not telling me!!!

Lol it's not out yet @Zoe.  Leder was game testing I think a month or so ago at one of the conventions if I recall correctly.  You haven't missed anything yet :) 

3 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Lol it's not out yet @Zoe.  Leder was game testing I think a month or so ago at one of the conventions if I recall correctly.  You haven't missed anything yet :) 

I know that!! But the KS is coming in two weeks!!! I have to be ready!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zoe said:

I know that!! But the KS is coming in two weeks!!! I have to be ready!!!

Alexa.  Remind me to pledge the root expansion in 14 days.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:39 PM, Zoxe said:

Brimstone Adventures (SoB KS #3) is up.  Funded in a few minutes and will probably blow through the first set of stretch goals while I'm typing this.  

As I mentioned, these two Adventure boxes are intended to be easier entry points into the Brimstone franchise.  They'll be smaller than the core boxes, and the Town phase (which honestly, we usually house-rule skip), and based on what I'm reading so far will offer some streamlined rules).

The Frost Giant model looks awesome.

The Trederra expansion that's offered at the higher pledge levels was totally a surprise.  Allows players to play as the "bad guys" in one of the more interesting Brimstone settings - Trederra is an alien planet, locked in a WW1 style trench war.  I'm really excited about this as it sounds supercool.

Flying Frog has a history of delivering late, BUT I fully expect that they'll deliver.

One week in, knocking on $875k and a lot of SGs unlocked.  Looks like Zoxe will be getting another 40 lb box of STUFF sometime in late 2020 or 2021.  

On 3/2/2019 at 8:22 AM, Zoxe said:

One week in, knocking on $875k and a lot of SGs unlocked.  Looks like Zoxe will be getting another 40 lb box of STUFF sometime in late 2020 or 2021.  

Maybe just in time for KD:M wave 4 :D

On 3/2/2019 at 7:22 AM, Zoxe said:

Bad thing about Kickstarter is you lose track of just how much you’ve backed.  I’m a little embarrassed to be honest how much has yet to ship to me.  I think what happens is because you don’t get it right away you somehow feel unfulfilled.  I definitely feel like I have 40lbs of stuff coming too...just not all of it is minis :)