Jump to content
Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I feel slightly ashamed for backing it to be honest.  My assessment was that it was too expensive.  Problem is though I loved Simcity when I was younger and this oozes with that.  Combine that with the components and a highly rated game I had a moment of weakness and bit the bullet.

 

I've always been interested in the game, and now the upgraded artwork sold me, even at the higher price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Adam said:

I've always been interested in the game, and now the upgraded artwork sold me, even at the higher price.

I’d like this but apparently my reactions haven’t refreshed.

@Konas

8255D4AB-9741-4C31-A38D-CBAEAABADD72.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brimstone Adventures (SoB KS #3) is up.  Funded in a few minutes and will probably blow through the first set of stretch goals while I'm typing this.  

As I mentioned, these two Adventure boxes are intended to be easier entry points into the Brimstone franchise.  They'll be smaller than the core boxes, and the Town phase (which honestly, we usually house-rule skip), and based on what I'm reading so far will offer some streamlined rules).

The Frost Giant model looks awesome.

The Trederra expansion that's offered at the higher pledge levels was totally a surprise.  Allows players to play as the "bad guys" in one of the more interesting Brimstone settings - Trederra is an alien planet, locked in a WW1 style trench war.  I'm really excited about this as it sounds supercool.

Flying Frog has a history of delivering late, BUT I fully expect that they'll deliver.

 

 

Edited by Zoxe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zoe said:

excuse me there's going to be another Root expansion and I am Extremely Pumped About It

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2150107/root-underworld-expansion-coming-kickstarter-begin

 

DzPPmXrV4AAMDpU.jpg

I see @tgpumpkin is already in that twitter thread. Did someone already share it here... if so, shame on me... if not, shame on all of you for not telling me!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zoe said:

I see @tgpumpkin is already in that twitter thread. Did someone already share it here... if so, shame on me... if not, shame on all of you for not telling me!!!

Lol it's not out yet @Zoe.  Leder was game testing I think a month or so ago at one of the conventions if I recall correctly.  You haven't missed anything yet :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Lol it's not out yet @Zoe.  Leder was game testing I think a month or so ago at one of the conventions if I recall correctly.  You haven't missed anything yet :) 

I know that!! But the KS is coming in two weeks!!! I have to be ready!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zoe said:

I know that!! But the KS is coming in two weeks!!! I have to be ready!!!

Alexa.  Remind me to pledge the root expansion in 14 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 9:39 PM, Zoxe said:

Brimstone Adventures (SoB KS #3) is up.  Funded in a few minutes and will probably blow through the first set of stretch goals while I'm typing this.  

As I mentioned, these two Adventure boxes are intended to be easier entry points into the Brimstone franchise.  They'll be smaller than the core boxes, and the Town phase (which honestly, we usually house-rule skip), and based on what I'm reading so far will offer some streamlined rules).

The Frost Giant model looks awesome.

The Trederra expansion that's offered at the higher pledge levels was totally a surprise.  Allows players to play as the "bad guys" in one of the more interesting Brimstone settings - Trederra is an alien planet, locked in a WW1 style trench war.  I'm really excited about this as it sounds supercool.

Flying Frog has a history of delivering late, BUT I fully expect that they'll deliver.

 

 

One week in, knocking on $875k and a lot of SGs unlocked.  Looks like Zoxe will be getting another 40 lb box of STUFF sometime in late 2020 or 2021.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 8:22 AM, Zoxe said:

One week in, knocking on $875k and a lot of SGs unlocked.  Looks like Zoxe will be getting another 40 lb box of STUFF sometime in late 2020 or 2021.  

Maybe just in time for KD:M wave 4 :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 7:22 AM, Zoxe said:

One week in, knocking on $875k and a lot of SGs unlocked.  Looks like Zoxe will be getting another 40 lb box of STUFF sometime in late 2020 or 2021.  

Bad thing about Kickstarter is you lose track of just how much you’ve backed.  I’m a little embarrassed to be honest how much has yet to ship to me.  I think what happens is because you don’t get it right away you somehow feel unfulfilled.  I definitely feel like I have 40lbs of stuff coming too...just not all of it is minis :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 6:47 PM, Zoxe said:

The ROOT expansion is up, btw.  

Root funded today... $1.7M and change.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Root funded today... $1.7M and change.  

Love these guys and this game. 👌😭🙌

I'm so excited to get this expansion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is also a "Maximum Apocalypse" expansion/upgrade project.  They are adding minis plus a deluxe box for holding all the expansions together in one box.  If you already have the game (and I highly recommend it), it's only $39 to upgrade your base game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/Games-on-Kickstarter-Surpass-1-Billion

Quote

From the article:

It’s a great time to love games. We are stoked-and-a-half to report that backers have now pledged more than $1 BILLION to Games projects on Kickstarter. And we’re just getting started!

Since launching in 2009, the Games category has grown steadily, helping titles like The Banner Saga, Exploding Kittens, Darkest Dungeon, Kingdom Death, Shovel Knight, and many more get the funding they needed.

Backers like you have funded nearly 17,000 Games projects, bringing to life the beautiful, bold, and unexpected visions of creators from across the globe. We’ve seen projects that made us laugh, cry, shoot lasers at bad guys, and think about games in totally new ways.

And as we’ve grown, we’ve continued to look for ways to support our creator community and get our backers the latest info. Whether it’s through our weekly emails, Projects We Love, or our creator-focused podcast, we want to give our more than 3.2 million Games backers the latest from the bleeding edge of independent games projects.

With $1 billion in pledges under our belt, we can’t wait to continue to grow Kickstarter Games and bring you more of the irresistible projects you never knew you needed.

Kickstarter takes 5% ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...