Jump to content
Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

Anywhere in the region honestly.  Wi, Il, oh, in, mn might be a tad far but maybe possible, pa, western ny, mi (sighs), 

What are you looking for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

What are you looking for?

Higher ed on the admin side right now as that’s where my career is built but if the opportunity presents itself I’m not opposed to jumping elsewhere if it carries my passion for things I love to do.   I do think it would be cool to be in the games industry.  I’m open minded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Higher ed on the admin side right now as that’s where my career is built but if the opportunity presents itself I’m not opposed to jumping elsewhere if it carries my passion for things I love to do.   I do think it would be cool to be in the games industry.  I’m open minded

There are a TON of smaller colleges in the Twin Cities area, plus the monster that is UM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Though would still be interested some time in meeting in the middle for a game weekend.

Yeah I know we should all get together sometime.  On BGG there was a group buy option for Snowdonia where you could pick up your game at a spot basically in some big cities in Illinois, Wisconsin,  and so on and you only have to pay $50 for Snowdonia Deluxe.  It's all here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2023728/group-buy-local-pickup-chicago-bloomington-normal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

There are a TON of smaller colleges in the Twin Cities area, plus the monster that is UM.

Right now in my sector it’s a hard time to job search since fiscal years and positions traditionally start July 1.  The ebb and flow of positions typically show up in spring.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Yeah I know we should all get together sometime.  On BGG there was a group buy option for Snowdonia where you could pick up your game at a spot basically in some big cities in Illinois, Wisconsin,  and so on and you only have to pay $50 for Snowdonia Deluxe.  It's all here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2023728/group-buy-local-pickup-chicago-bloomington-normal

By the time I looked out here, they said it was closed, and there is a waiting list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barb Bliss said:

By the time I looked out here, they said it was closed, and there is a waiting list.

I got in on it yesterday for two copies.  Are you still interested?  I can geek mail the guy but he's strict about you having to pay right now.  He might let you in if someone backs out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yatescory said:

I got in on it yesterday for two copies.  Are you still interested?  I can geek mail the guy but he's strict about you having to pay right now.  He might let you in if someone backs out.

Part of me wants to get the better deal, but part of me sees it as a hassle which will end up costing me more to pick it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Part of me wants to get the better deal, but part of me sees it as a hassle which will end up costing me more to pick it up.

It's okay. He just posted that everyone has paid and no one backed out so he's  locking in the order.  ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I ended up dropping Cthulhu just because of the recently growing list of unexpected expenses.

Apparently there are bots out there watching it, because I immediately saw my $235 pledge get taken and a $245 be released, only to see that get taken and a $250 pledge release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

So I ended up dropping Cthulhu just because of the recently growing list of unexpected expenses.

Apparently there are bots out there watching it, because I immediately saw my $235 pledge get taken and a $245 be released, only to see that get taken and a $250 pledge release.

I'm still blown away at the amount of people paying $150 for a gigantic miniature. I can't wait to hear what the shipping for that giant mini costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm still blown away at the amount of people paying $150 for a gigantic miniature. I can't wait to hear what the shipping for that giant mini costs.

They posted prices for it already.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/cthulhu-death-may-die/posts/2235242

In continental US - it ranges from like $12 to $25.

Canada averages about $51.

Most of Europe is $50-70.

Africa is $125.

Most of Pacific is about $140.

Highest Quote is $167 for Cambodia I believe.

So yes - large areas are paying more like $200-250 for the mini.

Another reason I was going to say "not worth it".

Edited by Thomas Browne
adding link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

They posted prices for it already.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/cthulhu-death-may-die/posts/2235242

In continental US - it ranges from like $12 to $25.

Canada averages about $51.

Most of Europe is $50-70.

Africa is $125.

Most of Pacific is about $140.

Highest Quote is $167 for Cambodia I believe.

So yes - large areas are paying more like $200-250 for the mini.

Another reason I was going to say "not worth it".

GEEZ! So that's on top of what will probably be $30 to ship the core and a couple add ons. So total shipping around $50. Which means for the big mini and shipping costs I could get like 3-4 other entire games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Adam said:

GEEZ! So that's on top of what will probably be $30 to ship the core and a couple add ons. So total shipping around $50. Which means for the big mini and shipping costs I could get like 3-4 other entire games. 

Yep - there were reasons I was considering dropping this even before my computer died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 10:37 AM, yatescory said:

I would not recommend getting escape plan right now. I can tell you from experience I have purchased Vital's Eagle Gryphon Games from KS way after the KS is over and usually right before the kickstarter backers get their copies from boardgamebliss.com for the same amount as Kickstarter backers paid, even less actually with all of the stretch goals.  They always charge a fairly high amount to ship the game to you on their Kickstarter too.  I would definitely go Snowdonia and Cthulhu.   

@yatescory It's like they were reading your post or something...

image.png.0c76236fa7af915ef755daf25696e442.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Adam I stuck the landing with Cthulu and stayed in on a base pledge.  I don't have any Cthulu games and want to give it a go. 

Snowdonia is next up :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adam said:

@yatescory It's like they were reading your post or something...

image.png.0c76236fa7af915ef755daf25696e442.png

Yeah I know right.  The thing is unless  I'm reading it wrong they are basically saying that THEY won't sell it cheaper but that doesn't specify what their online Retail Partners can sell it at though.  I mean they mentioned Amazon and eBay but then they put controlled by Eagle Gryphon Games. You would think they would be sure to mention other major online game stores, but they specifically don't. I would hope that they will request that they sell it MSRP for at least the first 90 days.

Basically, I've heard them say the same thing before but then I'm able to get it cheaper right around the same time.  This time there is definitely some more specifics that they have written out though that are good for backers. And I can say they do a good job making sure backers get their copies first which I think is very commendable.

Edited by yatescory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yatescory said:

Yeah I know right.  The thing is unless  I'm reading it wrong they are basically saying that THEY won't sell it cheaper but that doesn't specify what their online Retail Partners can sell it at though.  I mean they mentioned Amazon and eBay but then they put controlled by Eagle Gryphon Games. You would think they would be sure to mention other major online game stores, but they specifically don't. I would hope that they will request that they sell it MSRP for at least the first 90 days.

Basically, I've heard them say the same thing before but then I'm able to get it cheaper right around the same time.  This time there is definitely some more specifics that they have written out though that are good for backers. And I can say they do a good job making sure backers get their copies first which I think is very commendable.

Agree, there were definitely some caveats in there. Oh well...as long as I get my copy, I'm happy. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

@Adam I stuck the landing with Cthulu and stayed in on a base pledge.  I don't have any Cthulu games and want to give it a go. 

Snowdonia is next up :) 

I'm maintaining my $1 still. I'll decide in the pledge manager what I'm going to do. If I do stick with it though, I'll likely only do the base and no other add ons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy with my Snowdonia pledge and skipping Death Must Die.   Snowdonia has 32 minutes left with 4,553 backers. They have had a very good campaign.  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I'm happy with my Snowdonia pledge and skipping Death Must Die.   Snowdonia has 32 minutes left with 4,553 backers. They have had a very good campaign.  ?

I dumped Death Must Die, and was contemplating dumping Snowdonia (there is still so many in the queue), but I guess I'm backing it.  Time had expired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I'm happy with my Snowdonia pledge and skipping Death Must Die.   Snowdonia has 32 minutes left with 4,553 backers. They have had a very good campaign.  ?

 

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I dumped Death Must Die, and was contemplating dumping Snowdonia (there is still so many in the queue), but I guess I'm backing it.  Time had expired.

I stayed in Snowdonia as well.  I’m staying away from kickstarters for a while...until that is someone resurrects the “spend tgs money” thread.

2018 backed games

seize the bean

trickerion

 cthulu

snowdonia

Neta tanka

(crypt, countdown, mr cabbageheads garden my smaller <25 games)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm keeping my KS activity low key now too. I'm still waiting on a whole lot of stuff, and looking at my shelving in the basement last night I have no idea where it's going to go. I haven't heard of any other super hyped games coming though, so hopefully it will be easy to lay low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My most recent add-on were Tang Garden, Snowdonia,  Incoming Transmission, and Atlantis: Island of Gods.

I do have my eye on Jetpack Joyride, Animal Adventures (dog miniatures), and Pocket Dragon. I'm trying to resist due to budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...