Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

1 hour ago, Blinkus Maximus said:

I'm starting to make my way toward busts, but I'm absolutely terrible at faces and skin in general. It's the bane of my existence.

I would absolutely love to take one of his classes someday though, if just to watch the man work and try to absorb some talent through osmosis.

Don't fear the busts...I think they are much easier for skin tones and faces. Much bigger space to work with.

• Like 1

I have one that  have been working on for a while...if Lindsey reminds me I will take a pic tonight and post it here tomorrow. I was fearful at the start too so I know how you feel.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blinkus Maximus said:

And since we're on the topic of painting

Popped up yesterday over on Kickstarter, from the makers of Herbaceous. Just a nice little game about going on hikes and painting stuff, with a competitive edge and a very attractive $19 price point.

I saw this one too. There are a lot I want to get in on, but I'm also considering waiting on the next Too Many Bones that launches on 10/17.

Thanks everyone for the link to Massive Voodoo and the tips about painting. I'm very excited about beginning.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

A expansion for Near and Far was launched on Kickstarter today. It is blowing away through the stretch goals and only launched a short time ago. The base game is great. My sister and I love all of Ryan Laukat's games we have played. We have really enjoyed the questing stories form Above and Below (we have logged over 25 plays).  Near and  Far is just as exciting.

14a814fa73ca940f00702aaa39bf8a66_original.jpg

Edited by RomyCat

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

A expansion for Near and Far was launched on Kickstarter today. It is blowing away through the stretch goals and only launched a short time ago. The base game is great. My sister and I love all of Ryan Laukat's games we have played. We have really enjoyed the questing stories form Above and Below (we have logged over 25 plays).  Near and  Far is just as exciting.

Yah I jumped on that right away. Not getting Near and Far was one of my biggest regrets of 2017.

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

That looks awesome. Hopefully it'll hit stores at some point as I'm over my allowance for board games right now :P

Halloween is coming soon, two nice cards game for it.

4 days to go and delivery for halloween in USA and Canada. :o

Friday the 13th, going back in the 80's horror time... O.o

Blinkus Maximus, I have that issue too, as the Seventh Continent has eaten up my budget. (Does not help that I am also buying paint for minis).  I decided not to add any add-ons to the base game until Pladgemanger opens, that way, I can split the price over two months. 

Kickstarter is loaded with game options right now. Van Ryder just launched Detective: City of Angels yesterday and it funded in about 7 hours. Add that to The 7th Continent that's out right now, and the launch of the new Too Many Bones KS next Tuesday, 10/17. There's too many holes for the money to go down!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vanrydergames/detective-city-of-angels?ref=user_menu

4 hours ago, Adam said:

Kickstarter is loaded with game options right now. Van Ryder just launched Detective: City of Angels yesterday and it funded in about 7 hours. Add that to The 7th Continent that's out right now, and the launch of the new Too Many Bones KS next Tuesday, 10/17. There's too many holes for the money to go down!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vanrydergames/detective-city-of-angels?ref=user_menu

Agreed. I really want Joan of Arc and that massive Dragon mini...but I just can't pull the plug right now.

The Joan of Arc mini's looked awesome--especially the trees.  I have been at wits end trying to figure out how to do proper mini trees for Gloomhaven.

18 hours ago, RomyCat said:

The Joan of Arc mini's looked awesome--especially the trees.  I have been at wits end trying to figure out how to do proper mini trees for Gloomhaven.

Our local "Michael's" craft store sells mini trees that work quite well for our games. Cheap, too.

http://www.michaels.com/10392400.html

Thanks, Konas. I might buy them. I have to figure out the best way to attach to a base. Any suggestions on that?

Would hot glueing them to a plain hexagon base be enough? Or would they fall down easily? Is there something you are suppose to do do the base?

Edited by RomyCat

14 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Thanks, Konas. I might buy them. I have to figure out the best way to attach to a base. Any suggestions on that?

Would hot glueing them to a plain hexagon base be enough? Or would they fall down easily? Is there something you are suppose to do do the base?

For mine, I just cut out some random, organic wood shapes and glued them on with some fake grass and a couple of pebbles to act as boulders. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Here's a new one that is claiming the last remains of my wallet. I absolutely love the art, and from reviews even the prototype of the game is fantastically well made and super fun to play.

I think we need to start a collection so @tgpumpkin can pledge that Sleepy Hollow game.  It's got some interesting mechanics like fear tokens the hamper you ability to perform actions.

Both that Sleeply Hollow,  Too Many Boned, and that painter holder all look good. And the painting Sunset game. My money is too thin to get more, though I did pick up Amber Mines.