Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

14 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

I'm #30 but just two big dogs 9_9

I've downsized via attrition to just 15 fish.  The rock star green severum is named Dantonio.

We had our second set up session for a new RPG group last night. We are playing Mutant: GenLab Alpha which is a fantastic setting and engine. The PCs are basically mutated animals living in a computer run prison that was built on the remnants of a ski resort in Colorado. The world is post apocalyptic. They are fenced in and watched over by drones and sentinels who the elders in each animal tribe view as guardians that must be obeyed. The PCs will be part of the new Resistance that is just starting to take hold. Very excited. I am GMing four players, all woman. 3 of them have never played an RPG before. I am pretty pumped up about it. The art in the corebook is fabulous as well.

https://www.modiphius.net/products/mutant-genlab-alpha-core-book-print-pdf

On 9/22/2017 at 10:08 AM, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

Sagrada (where you build stained glass windows using a grid and dice)

I've got a restock alert on this game at Miniature Market. I've watched some videos on it and it looks like a good time.

On 9/22/2017 at 10:08 AM, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

My FLGS has also found great success with Clank! (a deckbuilding adventurey game).

I just recently picked up Clank! and I really enjoy it. Everyone is now talking about Clank! in Space, but I think I would rather just have the original.

I've recently received Trash panda, funny family game, knowning the winner only when we have played all the cards, counting the points of everybody's trash (face down cards)59c9138b83e14_trashpanda.thumb.jpg.a18742253bea0766d7d7f1f4202c17a7.jpg

On 9/22/2017 at 7:00 AM, Barb Bliss said:

I actually loathe Carcassonne and Settlers.  I can't figure out the appeal. 

I've never played Settlers. I'm sure I'm in the minority for that one.

5 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

I've recently received Trash panda, funny family game, knowning the winner only when we have played all the cards, counting the points of everybody's trash (face down cards)59c9138b83e14_trashpanda.thumb.jpg.a18742253bea0766d7d7f1f4202c17a7.jpg

I pledged this one for a little while, but decided I had too many other games that are sort of similar.  How did you like  it?  Note: The doggo card almost had me keep the pledge...

The dice is the key of the game, you roll it without have the same item twice, commonly 2-3 rolls are safe, but you have card to ignore the last roll or roll again, someone could make you another roll. The Doggo card block some move and if you try to steel someone, he could steel you instead with the Kitten. Rolling the 2 trees, you can put two cards for your trash reserve, your points at the end. The game is only available from the creator (kickstarter suspended),  at the same price and shipping of the KS campaign (without the SG of course).

16 hours ago, Adam said:

The 7th Continent is coming back to Kickstarter tomorrow for a second run. I'm seeing reviews and pictures coming out from the first Kickstarter and they seem to be pretty good.

https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/

That's crazy we just had ours delivered last week. I'm surprised they are re-launching so soon. Can't wait to play it though!

17 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

That's crazy we just had ours delivered last week. I'm surprised they are re-launching so soon. Can't wait to play it though!

I missed the first chance at this one. I'm thinking I'll have to get in on the new one.

1 minute ago, Lindsey said:

O.o THERE'S AN EXPANSION! Now the real question; do I back it or try to convince @Konas to back it through the company for me :D

Consider me convinced!

• Like 1

Just now, Lindsey said:

O.o THERE'S AN EXPANSION! Now the real question; do I back it or try to convince @Konas to back it through the company for me :D

Seems to me the additional cards would be needed for "research."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I mentioned Numenera (a tabletop RPG) in a previous post.  Looks like Monte Cook Games are giving it an overhaul, and is being launched on Kickstarter:

27 minutes ago, Adam said:

Just launched today, this one looks interesting. Price point is friendly too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wolffdesigna/warpgate

That looks like a good one, and that price is really nice. I really wish Kickstarter didn't have so many attractive games and game-related things competing for my limited funds. It's like a golden age of tabletop over there.

I jumped on board with this one over there a few minutes ago. I was sold by gambling on whether or not your friends will die fighting monsters to buy new gear.

2 minutes ago, Blinkus Maximus said:

I jumped on board with this one over there a few minutes ago.

I was just looking at Venture the Fog. The $100K goal seems oddly high...

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

I was just looking at Venture the Fog. The $100K goal seems oddly high...

A little, but at the same time, I kinda get it. Looks like it's their first game, and I'm sure they're no stranger to the stories of companies not setting their goal high enough and failing to deliver anything on time or at all due to lack of funds, or those that have had to restart the campaign to get more money.

So it could be that they're being overcautious.

3 minutes ago, Blinkus Maximus said:

A little, but at the same time, I kinda get it. Looks like it's their first game, and I'm sure they're no stranger to the stories of companies not setting their goal high enough and failing to deliver anything on time or at all due to lack of funds, or those that have had to restart the campaign to get more money.

So it could be that they're being overcautious.

True. Will be interesting to see if it fails to fund and then relaunches with a lower goal.