Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

8 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I haven't looked at the Kickstarter, but I'm assuming it involves a chef chainsawing a pumpkin hence @Serge Darveau backing of it.....

Not yet, but it could be a nice SG, thanks to remind me  :P:P 

Thinking about taking the plunge on the Suburbia collector's edition but with my game restriction on myself this year I'm not sure if I should. I have castles of Mad King Ludwig already and I really really like that one more then regular Suburbia but the deluxe edition is so nice.

I am also looking at Vindication which my buddy @tgpumpkin seems to have backed too.  It has everything I could look for in a game for me. Seems to be dripping with theme and be more on the mechanical Euro game side of things but I've read some comments that there is a lot of Randomness and swing a cards which bother me for this sort of game. I really really like a lot of what it's doing though so I may stay with backing that pledge too.  Tough choices!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yatescory said:

Thinking about taking the plunge on the Suburbia collector's edition but with my game restriction on myself this year I'm not sure if I should. I have castles of Mad King Ludwig already and I really really like that one more then regular Suburbia but the deluxe edition is so nice.

I am also looking at Vindication which my buddy @tgpumpkin seems to have backed too.  It has everything I could look for in a game for me. Seems to be dripping with theme and be more on the mechanical Euro game side of things but I've read some comments that there is a lot of Randomness and swing a cards which bother me for this sort of game. I really really like a lot of what it's doing though so I may stay with backing that pledge too.  Tough choices!

I'm in on Vindication.  It got thumbs up from my buddies Will and Jaemus.  Several game makers got together to make their own company.  Game components are very nice, and the said it was a good game.

I ended up giving away Suburbia.  Not sure deluxe components could save it.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm in on Vindication.  It got thumbs up from my buddies Will and Jaemus.  Several game makers got together to make their own company.  Game components are very nice, and the said it was a good game.

I ended up giving away Suburbia.  Not sure deluxe components could save it.

@Barb Bliss @yatescory absolute strong recommendation from me on Vindication. I backed this developer in his first Kickstarter when it was called Epoch .  Phenomenal game.  He was a first time developer and put a lot of heart in this game.  It’s a very positive and goofy community and I’m throwing puns down as always :) 

Heads up, Gloomhaven is on sale at Miniature Market.

For 2019, they changed their daily deal to become the Daily Drop. It sort of works like a reverse auction. Each day the price drops by a set percent until they sell out.

Gloomhaven is up at an 8% per day drop. 

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/the-drop

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Heads up, Gloomhaven is on sale at Miniature Market.

For 2019, they changed their daily deal to become the Daily Drop. It sort of works like a reverse auction. Each day the price drops by a set percent until they sell out.

Gloomhaven is up at an 8% per day drop. 

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/the-drop

What a fun site.  Cheap gambling.  The T-Rex is one I'll have to keep an eye on.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard this phrase growing up...  But the expansion looks like a must get.

image.thumb.png.910fd43b80a08e705163dee43c1a5eda.png

• Haha 1

I am keeping my new year's resolution of no new large campaigns, but I just backed this.

Lightweight, art looks fantastic, reviews are pretty good, and at a price point that was too good to pass up....

3 hours ago, Zoxe said:

I am keeping my new year's resolution of no new large campaigns, but I just backed this.

Lightweight, art looks fantastic, reviews are pretty good, and at a price point that was too good to pass up....

@Zoxe spending my money is @Barb Bliss domain....why now you?!?!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Zoxe said:

This was a campaign a year or two ago.

9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

This was a campaign a year or two ago.

Yah, it's a reprint with a little more content. No stretch goals, looks like they are shooting for a fast fulfillment.

Just now, Zoxe said:

Yah, it's a reprint with a little more content. No stretch goals, looks like they are shooting for a fast fulfillment.

I was on it for a little while, and then realized just how many games I had already pledged, and cancelled my pledge.

• Like 1

@tgpumpkin is famous.  From a Vindication update: A portion of the community fell in love with an idea and because of their passion and enthusiasm that idea wasn’t allowed to fade away and now is a part of the life of this game forever. Just like cake knives, 80s metal, and gourd save us all - pumpkins.

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@tgpumpkin is famous.  From a Vindication update: A portion of the community fell in love with an idea and because of their passion and enthusiasm that idea wasn’t allowed to fade away and now is a part of the life of this game forever. Just like cake knives, 80s metal, and gourd save us all - pumpkins.

Lol I admit I have a lot of enthusiasm for Vindication.  When he first launched his game he only was pulling 25k and decided to pull and rework the project.  It didn’t help that there were like 500 other big projects like Zombicide, Lords of Hellas, and others going on.  Like DMG, I saw a man who had put a lot of heart into this game and had an awesome passion project that wasn’t getting the light of day.  I read several of his posts as he talked very openly about failure and became very impressed with the heart he put into this project and how he was handling the canceled Kickstarter .  I figured he could use someone who could go in ahowing a whole lotta faith in his dream....and be a little extra in the forums and make some ridiculous noise :) .  In the end, I’m incredibly proud of Orange Nebulas success.  Their heart, commitment, and dedication are the reasons for it combined with a very invested community....all I did was make some noise and helped draw peoples attention to see it.  If you haven’t done so I encourage all of you to back vindication. 

I love backing people’s dreams.  If I feel someone has put heart into something and if it feels genuine....I’m going to go all in on them and be playful in the process.  People need the faith of others...and I’ll do my part to o-range it :) .

• Like 4

Tiny Epic tactics just launched and looks pretty cool.  Allows for 3d tactics style terrain.  Growing up on Final Fantasy tactics type games this is a no brainer :) .  

063477F1-F7A1-4770-AF8A-BFF38B320B95.jpeg

I recently backed the super deluxe version of Suburbia.

I'm currently in on Chocolate Factory https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alleycatgames/chocolate-factory-for-1-4-chocolatiers

We'll see if that pledge sticks as I have to decide what I'm doing with Cloudspire in March; there's only so much money to go around.

I'm also in on the Game Designers documentary. It looks very interesting 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zoomoutmedia/the-game-designers