Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

Nocturion's artwork does look great. Cost is not bad for the basic version.  Trying to seriously cutback on what I back this coming year....but the new year has not started yet.

• Haha 1

I love handcrafted stuff, and my family - while hesitant to sit down to a 2-3 hr game of something sprawling - will latch onto games that pair well with popcorn and soda.

I almost backed the prior KS project, but held off.  Now he's back with some rules and expanded token options.

Nouvelle-France

Main aim
A strategy game where you need to skillfully place construction blocks to build three historic sites from the Nouvelle France era, outwit your opponents, and thereby gain points. Add to that three further ways of either bettering your score or hindering your opponents.

Concept and Goal of the Game
Each turn, carefully place a construction block to help build either the military redoubt, the church, or the seigneurial mill. At the end of each turn, players gain points based on the placement of these blocks. Three times during the game, it will snow and this is when players receive extra points based on the number of cubes of their colour present in the level being tallied up. The snowdrifts are then added to each building, fitting around and hiding the level that has just been tallied, therefore limiting the remaining space available to gain points. The player who has the most points at the end of the game is the winner

Nouvelle-France is going to be on kickstarter in 2019. We plan to ship it before the end of the year. All sample are going to be finish for the campaing 

Nouvelle-France is a real piece of art, original abstract game with amazing quality wooden components

Will go to KS in spring 2019, delivery hopefully autumn 2019; (March 19th)

Nouvelle-France is currently ranked 52th among the Nouvelle-France is going to be on kickstarter in 2019. We plan to ship it before the end of the year. All sample are going to be finish for the campaing 

Nouvelle-France is a real piece of art, original abstract game with amazing quality wooden components

Will go to KS in spring 2019, delivery hopefully autumn 2019;. It’s important to come back in the competition until sunday

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/248375/item/6556672?fbclid=IwAR1Ak8zqsoFLrjUmucCPktqBIrsE9uu21e_m5hHsfB7f4O-eiVlDoW9kKEM#item6556672

pic4396654.jpg.db844a63c7467c0b3087dc577a425029.jpg

If you want to help this game for the BGG's most anticipate game of 2019, you're welcome. :) 

• Like 3

So about a week ago my daughter had a sleepover with one of her friends.  Her friend is more conservative and as I was looking for a board game to possibly play with them I realized I have  ton of dungeon/monster/zombie/mech games but not many softer themed games outside of ticket to ride and sagrada.  I decided I needed to remedy this.

enter a week later stonemaiers new game “Wingspan” is releasing.  I decided to jump in on that.  Definitely a very different theme than I go for however I have to say the components look solid and Stonemeier hasn’t steered me wrong.  Never would have thought this would be my first board game of 2019 though :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

So about a week ago my daughter had a sleepover with one of her friends.  Her friend is more conservative and as I was looking for a board game to possibly play with them I realized I have  ton of dungeon/monster/zombie/mech games but not many softer themed games outside of ticket to ride and sagrada.  I decided I needed to remedy this.

enter a week later stonemaiers new game “Wingspan” is releasing.  I decided to jump in on that.  Definitely a very different theme than I go for however I have to say the components look solid and Stonemeier hasn’t steered me wrong.  Never would have thought this would be my first board game of 2019 though :)

How old are your kids again? I tend to shop for a currently 7 and 8 year old! So I’m interested😁 in if this should be on my radar. I tend to just keep my eye on kinderspiel in general for kids. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ElysianPeace said:

How old are your kids again? I tend to shop for a currently 7 and 8 year old! So I’m interested😁 in if this should be on my radar. I tend to just keep my eye on kinderspiel in general for kids. 

10 and 12.  It’s a medium weight game and appears to be something they should be able to handle.  

What kind of games does the 7-8 like?  I could possibly make some suggestions.  My kids faves right now include Clank, zombicide, rise of Tribes, exploding kittens, bears vs babies, charterstone, 

• Like 1

Just now, tgpumpkin said:

10 and 12.  It’s a medium weight game and appears to be something they should be able to handle.  

What kind of games does the 7-8 like?  I could possibly make some suggestions.  My kids faves right now include Clank, zombicide, rise of Tribes, exploding kittens, bears vs babies, charterstone, 

Ooooh I hadn’t thought about clank! That’s a good idea. Oceanus is a big hit, the magic labyrinth, ghost fightin’ Treasure hunters basically really light weight games are where they are at mainly because most gaming happens either sporadically with non gaming parents who generally have no time. So I try to make sure whatever they get is casual enough that an adult can get through the rules in ten minutes and have no questions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

Ooooh I hadn’t thought about clank! That’s a good idea. Oceanus is a big hit, the magic labyrinth, ghost fightin’ Treasure hunters basically really light weight games are where they are at mainly because most gaming happens either sporadically with non gaming parents who generally have no time. So I try to make sure whatever they get is casual enough that an adult can get through the rules in ten minutes and have no questions. 

Nice.  Ghost Fighting Treasure Hunters is a classic!  Kids cut their teeth on that :) Ive not heard of Oceanus I’ll have to check that out.  You can always rock out some King of Tokyo too.  That’s a great lightweight game :) 

18 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Nice.  Ghost Fighting Treasure Hunters is a classic!  Kids cut their teeth on that :) Ive not heard of Oceanus I’ll have to check that out.  You can always rock out some King of Tokyo too.  That’s a great lightweight game :) 

Oh yeah that might be a good choice now! I try to keep fighting games to a minimum, but it might be time to start incorporating them. Thanks tg!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

GASP. One of my side obsessions is birds and I absolutely love the look of this game. Oh my gosh. Adding this to my list. OH MAN. I love this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoe said:

GASP. One of my side obsessions is birds and I absolutely love the look of this game. Oh my gosh. Adding this to my list. OH MAN. I love this.

Ahh ha now the tables are turned and I’m spending YOUR money.  Mwahahahah

now you’re going to drop some super bad ass tamarind spalty sentinel on me now....aren’t ya ;) 

• Haha 1

I've not heard of  Stonemaiers new game “Wingspan". I will have to look that one up. Perhaps your kids would like Castle Panic or Magic Maze.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

I've not heard of  Stonemaiers new game “Wingspan". I will have to look that one up. Perhaps your kids would like Castle Panic or Magic Maze.

Surprisingly they didn’t like castle panic!  That kind of surprised me honestly.  I’ve not heard of magic maze so I’ll have to check that out :)