Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

On 11/14/2018 at 4:15 PM, RomyCat said:

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/135116486/assassins-creed-brotherhood-of-venice?ref=user_menu

Yes, Assassins Creed is a board game now. And yes, I backed it thanks to my sister who is a fan of the series. I shall blame her that my money has vanished. 

I can't believe how much this is raising (course I have limited experience in the land of Kickstarter).  Difficult to decide what to do on this one... currently in for only the base game. But wow, so many cool things.

43 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

I can't believe how much this is raising (course I have limited experience in the land of Kickstarter).  Difficult to decide what to do on this one... currently in for only the base game. But wow, so many cool things.

I'm all in.

Currently I'm only getting the base also, but thinking about adding the 3 expansions. But skipping the all in pledge. If I did my math right, the all in gives you another cool tower and dice, but cost $50 over just adding the 3 expansions.  The second tower looks nice but I don't think it adds more to gameplay. Am I missing something with the math?

$119 for base game and free tower.

$119 for the 3 expansions (pack price).

$39 for second tower

$7 for Ezio figurine

$14 for extra set of dice.

Currently if you go all in, saving $13 from buying individually. But no idea what else they are coming out with to add to that savings.

That said, I am all in too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Currently I'm only getting the base also, but thinking about adding the 3 expansions. But skipping the all in pledge. If I did my math right, the all in gives you another cool tower and dice, but cost $50 over just adding the 3 expansions.  The second tower looks nice but I don't think it adds more to gameplay. Am I missing something with the math?

They can't keep up with the stretch goals, so I expect a lot more "memories" and the "gear" to support the memories.  Should have a lot of unique play time, and a lifetime of minis to paint.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 5:23 AM, Barb Bliss said:

.....and a lifetime of minis to paint.

Considering I went in on all 4 Reaper bones kickstarters (base sets only on the first two), I think I have several lifetimes of minis to paint.

Edited by WxCougar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

Considering I went in on all 4 Reqper bones kickstarters (base sets only on the first two), I think I have several lifetimes of minis to paint.

Me too with Nemesis, Village Attacks, Monster Slaughter, Legends of Sleepy Hallow, Trent mini project, dog adventure minis,  and several others I'm not thinking of right now.

Edited by Barb Bliss

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Me too with Nemesis, Village Attacks, Monster Slaughter, Legends of Sleepy Hallow, Trent mini project, dog adventure minis,  and several others I'm not thinking of right now.

Gloomhaven.

5 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

OK.  I just got sucked in again.  Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon just went live on Kickstarter.

Same guys as did Nemesis.  Day one early bird exclusive, so don't doddle if you are interested.

Not heard of tainted Grail before but those minis look nice also. Still debating if I will raise my pledge for Assassin's Creed. 

After much debate I did go all in on Assassin's Creed before heading to work. Then when I got home, I've been watching the 1 hour countdown to the end. I din't think we going to make the last stretch goal or two, but that's ok. There's tons of stuff already included. 

I got Dinosaur Island in and now that's going to get my attention for a few day. Wow, there is a LOT of stuff that comes with it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RomyCat said:

After much debate I did go all in on Assassin's Creed before heading to work. Then when I got home, I've been watching the 1 hour countdown to the end. I din't think we going to make the last stretch goal or two, but that's ok. There's tons of stuff already included. 

I got Dinosaur Island in and now that's going to get my attention for a few day. Wow, there is a LOT of stuff that comes with it.

Out of reactions!  @Konas!!!  They gave the last ones as a gift to us!

On 12/5/2018 at 10:35 AM, Barb Bliss said:

OK.  I just got sucked in again.  Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon just went live on Kickstarter.

I won't touch anything of theirs until they deliver on Lords of Hellas.  I'm still waiting on that KS.  

3 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I won't touch anything of theirs until they deliver on Lords of Hellas.  I'm still waiting on that KS.  

You should check with them.  I played Jaemus' copy several months ago.

22 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

You should check with them.  I played Jaemus' copy several months ago.

I’m 2 wave shipping so I won’t get it til spring.  Still this ks delivered a lot later than expected.  I know that’s a norm but I’ve not been super keen on how they have handled things.

nemesis did look good and I’m sure there are some great ideas in this game too.  

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

I’m 2 wave shipping so I won’t get it til spring.  Still this ks delivered a lot later than expected.  I know that’s a norm but I’ve not been super keen on how they have handled things.

nemesis did look good and I’m sure there are some great ideas in this game too.  

Nemesis looks awesome.  Frail Grail looks even better.

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Nemesis looks awesome.  Frail Grail looks even better.

I think either way I’m taking a break from board games on Kickstarter.  I need to be good.  

1 hour ago, tgpumpkin said:

I think either way I’m taking a break from board games on Kickstarter.  I need to be good.  

I've told myself the same thing, @tgpumpkin I kept saying I will make it my New Year's Resolution.  Maybe we can start a support group. But I do thank I might have to wean myself instead of going cold turkey. Maybe limit myself to no more than 1 game a month. Maybe....

• Like 2