Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

45 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

You're right.  I just cancelled my pledge.

How much was the shipping?

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

You're right.  I just cancelled my pledge.

I agree they looked like good quality mats - but 

a) they don't look like they'd fit the table we use at our gaming club

b) I couldn't see $8/11 shipping for something that could be thrown in a flat rate envelope with very little risk.

• Like 1

I have a Miniature Market package coming tomorrow with Epoch: Early Inventors, The Networks and Castles of Mad King Ludwig coming tomorrow. Going to be a good weekend!

• Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 8:22 AM, Barb Bliss said:

I actually don't care for TM.  Everyone just sits in silence, and plots, so it feels more like work than what I'm hoping to get out of game night.

I thought you only played it once?  You guys sat in silence...hmmm...all I can ask is did you draft throughout the game?  Pretty much the consensus on BGG is that drafting is a must.  However, I would enjoy the game even without drafting so I'm a bit bias.  Silence is the complete opposite of my experience after around 30 plays.  More conversations st the table than any resource management game I've ever played.  I would really recommend playing it with young kids in TGs case though unless they are really really good with management and card combos.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yatescory said:

I thought you only played it once?  You guys sat in silence...hmmm...all I can ask is did you draft throughout the game?  Pretty much the consensus on BGG is that drafting is a must.  However, I would enjoy the game even without drafting so I'm a bit bias.  Silence is the complete opposite of my experience after around 30 plays.  More conversations st the table than any resource management game I've ever played.  I would really recommend playing it with young kids in TGs case though unless they are really really good with management and card combos.  

There is usually 2 tables going at any one time.  Seems like the one table is always TM, and they are always in silence.  I play on the other table.

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

There is usually 2 tables going at any one time.  Seems like the one table is always TM, and they are always in silence.  I play on the other table.

That's interesting.. because I'd say my group is far more like @yatescory's - we tend to talk a lot with TM. 

Ok.. we tend to swear at each other for messing up our moves - but that's talking, isn't it? :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

That's interesting.. because I'd say my group is far more like @yatescory's - we tend to talk a lot with TM. 

Ok.. we tend to swear at each other for messing up our moves - but that's talking, isn't it? :D

There are always people that want to play TM, but every stinkin' week?  Sometimes twice in a row?  How about some variety, huh?  So, the other table plays something else.  Maybe it's just my rose colored glasses, but it seems like our table always has more fun.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:42 AM, Barb Bliss said:

There are always people that want to play TM, but every stinkin' week?  Sometimes twice in a row?  How about some variety, huh?  So, the other table plays something else.  Maybe it's just my rose colored glasses, but it seems like our table always has more fun.

And having fun is what is most important.  If you're not having fun, then why are you playing games after all :D

It's like we had a group of people who would play Dominant Species every week sometimes multiple times..  I just couldn't like that game.

No game is perfect for everyone.

• Like 1

My sister and I have played six out of the eight episodes for Scythe The Rise of Ferris. I must say, I’ve loved it as much as Pandemic Season 1. So many WOW moments. Great story. And you can reset everything and play it again, if you wish. Love it.

• Like 1

So, not (strictly speaking) a new "game" but here's a potentially awesome addon to an existing skirmish game.

We met DGS Games at Reapercon and walked away so impressed that we bought 2 starter boxes (and I have sworn off skirmish games!).  Julie Guthrie is sculpting this dragon - she's done most of the ones for Reaper and is a living legend within the sculpting community.  The dragon will plug into their existing game (Freeblades) in a future update.

• Like 1

Need opinions, especially @Konas.  Monte Cook's project is out for pledgemanager.  There are a ton of add-ons.  Some are his Cypher rule book (revised), card deck, and character portfolios.  Are these worth adding on?  They add on $100, so I don't want to get them if they aren't worth it.

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Need opinions, especially @Konas.  Monte Cook's project is out for pledgemanager.  There are a ton of add-ons.  Some are his Cypher rule book (revised), card deck, and character portfolios.  Are these worth adding on?  They add on $100, so I don't want to get them if they aren't worth it.

Ooh, they just left for Grandcon, but @Lindsey should know! She loves the Monte Cook stuff.

5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Maybe the card deck but I probably wouldn't go in for those things. Plus they're almost always add ons you can get later from the next project if you decide you need them. 

7 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

Maybe the card deck but I probably wouldn't go in for those things. Plus they're almost always add ons you can get later from the next project if you decide you need them. 

Thanks!  I've never did anything from him before.

Same here. I just went in on the Best Game Ever book only. I don't really need another role playing game system lol.

51 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

Same here. I just went in on the Best Game Ever book only. I don't really need another role playing game system lol.

I've never GM'ed before so this is my starting point.  Gotta use that AC somehow other than display it.

• Like 1

Just launched on KS "Lockup: a roll player tale" 1-5 player and has option to add cards to role player.  KS live going on right now 11 am CDT Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Just launched on KS "Lockup: a roll player tale" 1-5 player and has option to add cards to role player.  KS live going on right now 11 am CDT Tuesday.

I was just looking at that. Really want the cards for role player. It's one of the games I enjoy playing solo as well with others.