Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

5 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

My most recent add-on were Tang Garden, Snowdonia,  Incoming Transmission, and Atlantis: Island of Gods.

I do have my eye on Jetpack Joyride, Animal Adventures (dog miniatures), and Pocket Dragon. I'm trying to resist due to budget.

The rogue dog sucked me into dungeons and doggies.

From Pupdate 12: 

image.png.5438861fbf3782c556bed02e72f1671a.png

Mat’s words about Painting “Nightingale” – the Pomeranian monk.

"As with most of my painting, I wanted a simple paint scheme that really put the focus on the face of the model…its just so cute!

To create this simple colour palette, I used a mixture of Reaper Master Series Paint (MSP) and Games Workshop (GW) washes. I like Reaper Master Series because the paint formula has a fraction more matte medium in it, which means the paint takes a little longer to dry than Vallejo paints for example. The way I paint means this longer ‘window’ is extremely helpful…as you can see on the stream, I do like the wet blend on the miniature itself.

Alternative paints to look at are the aforementioned Velljo paints, excellent quality and available pretty much everywhere. Much the same story for the entire Games Workshop range of paints and washes. Games Workshop have specifically designed their paint range to support the base colour -> wash -> highlight method which is brilliant for people in the earlier stages of their painting careers.

For the fur:
* MSP Blonde Shadow for base colouring
* GW Seraphim Sepia wash
* MSP Blonde Hair & Blonde Highlight for the highlights For the jacket/belts:
* “Midnight Blue” from a paint range I’m developing, but you can use GW “Dark Reaper” instead.
* Highlights were with “Midnight Blue” lightened with MSP “Tusk Ivory”

For the jewellery:
* GW “ Retributor Armour” for the gold base colour.
* GW “Reikland Fleshshade” for the wash
* Then highlight with the “Retributor Armour” after you have finished the model.

Eyes/nose/tongue:* MSP “Pure Black” for the nose
* MSP “Blood Red” for the tongue
* MSP “Blackened Brown” for the eye sockets, then MSP “Tusk Ivory” for the whites of the eyes followed by a dab of “Blackened Brown” again for the pupil

And that’s it, simple colour schemes look super effective when you combine the warmth of the honey fur with the cool off-black blues of the jacket and the richness of the gold jewellery. Can’t wait to see everyone’s painting when these puppies hit your painting tables!"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

From Pupdate 12: 

image.png.5438861fbf3782c556bed02e72f1671a.png

Mat’s words about Painting “Nightingale” – the Pomeranian monk.

"As with most of my painting, I wanted a simple paint scheme that really put the focus on the face of the model…its just so cute!

To create this simple colour palette, I used a mixture of Reaper Master Series Paint (MSP) and Games Workshop (GW) washes. I like Reaper Master Series because the paint formula has a fraction more matte medium in it, which means the paint takes a little longer to dry than Vallejo paints for example. The way I paint means this longer ‘window’ is extremely helpful…as you can see on the stream, I do like the wet blend on the miniature itself.

Alternative paints to look at are the aforementioned Velljo paints, excellent quality and available pretty much everywhere. Much the same story for the entire Games Workshop range of paints and washes. Games Workshop have specifically designed their paint range to support the base colour -> wash -> highlight method which is brilliant for people in the earlier stages of their painting careers.

For the fur:
* MSP Blonde Shadow for base colouring
* GW Seraphim Sepia wash
* MSP Blonde Hair & Blonde Highlight for the highlights For the jacket/belts:
* “Midnight Blue” from a paint range I’m developing, but you can use GW “Dark Reaper” instead.
* Highlights were with “Midnight Blue” lightened with MSP “Tusk Ivory”

For the jewellery:
* GW “ Retributor Armour” for the gold base colour.
* GW “Reikland Fleshshade” for the wash
* Then highlight with the “Retributor Armour” after you have finished the model.

Eyes/nose/tongue:* MSP “Pure Black” for the nose
* MSP “Blood Red” for the tongue
* MSP “Blackened Brown” for the eye sockets, then MSP “Tusk Ivory” for the whites of the eyes followed by a dab of “Blackened Brown” again for the pupil

And that’s it, simple colour schemes look super effective when you combine the warmth of the honey fur with the cool off-black blues of the jacket and the richness of the gold jewellery. Can’t wait to see everyone’s painting when these puppies hit your painting tables!"

What really is great is that the monk is a Pomeranian.  We had a homebrew game where our monk was polymorphed into a pomeranian. He failed the save to turn into the pup but passed his save to keep all his abilities.  Good times.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Barb's latest kickstarter: Trogdor.  Check it out, but do it soon!  Only a little over 5 days left.  (17667 backers so far).  Pay no attention to the Wrymwood collaboration...

Note: the flaming peasant helmet roped me in.

image.png.e30ffbc22a9f92db1d2b607f810e30c4.png

Edited by Barb Bliss

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Barb's latest kickstarter: Trogdor.  Check it out, but do it soon!  Only a little over 5 days left.  (17667 backers so far).  Pay no attention to the Wrymwood collaboration...

TRAITOR!!!!!  Fire her @Konas ;) 

no but seriously though game does look interesting and fun.  Plus Homestar Runner!!!!  Keep telling myself though it’s time to adult.  I said no to a slew of gencon games that were probably more robust than trogdor.  

Dont you dare throw down “come and get me” @Barb Bliss either ;) 

1 hour ago, tgpumpkin said:

TRAITOR!!!!!  Fire her @Konas ;) 

no but seriously though game does look interesting and fun.  Plus Homestar Runner!!!!  Keep telling myself though it’s time to adult.  I said no to a slew of gencon games that were probably more robust than trogdor.  

Dont you dare throw down “come and get me” @Barb Bliss either ;) 

Wood your redheart sibling do that to you?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

So @Barb Bliss you in for the Consummate level? :D

2 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

So @Barb Bliss you in for the Consummate level? :D

Nope.  Just wingaling.  I would have gotten the mini version if they were paintable minis.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Nope.  Just wingaling.  I would have gotten the mini version if they were paintable minis.

Yeah.. I admit I was like "Yes, I want to pay $60 for the game, and then $1740 for the box!"  Uggh.. I admit it's a very pretty box.. but still.

I could buy a custom game table for that!

Actually not backing that game.. but just the price on those pieces.. shudder.

• Haha 1

@RomyCat and others....played some Rise of Tribes this weekend and it’s avery good game.  Nice midweight game that has some good meat to it and plays at a good clip.  Glad I got a second chance on it at gencon :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

@RomyCat and others....played some Rise of Tribes this weekend and it’s avery good game.  Nice midweight game that has some good meat to it and plays at a good clip.  Glad I got a second chance on it at gencon :) 

I'm glad you were able to pick up the deluxe version. Great game.  

16 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Have you played terraforming Mars yet? And if you haven't stopped playing other games before that one!

1 minute ago, yatescory said:

Have you played terraforming Mars yet? And if you haven't stopped playing other games before that one!

*hangs gourd in shame* though I have it in the forefront to play soon.  It was actually on my list this weekend but then people weren’t up for playing games on Sunday 

37 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

*hangs gourd in shame* though I have it in the forefront to play soon.  It was actually on my list this weekend but then people weren’t up for playing games on Sunday 

I actually don't care for TM.  Everyone just sits in silence, and plots, so it feels more like work than what I'm hoping to get out of game night.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Gloomhaven Player Mats - 24 hours to do, so don't delay if you are interested.

image.png.ba0ed9be4e56c7ffb0ad9919247082d7.png

Edited by Barb Bliss

22 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Gloomhaven Player Mats - 24 hours to do, so don't delay if you are interested.

image.png.ba0ed9be4e56c7ffb0ad9919247082d7.png

I am but I feel like they're pricey.  Am I wrong on that?

11 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I am but I feel like they're pricey.  Am I wrong on that?

~ $12 per mat plus shipping.  I've seen worse.  Good quality mats.

48 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

~ $12 per mat plus shipping.  I've seen worse.  Good quality mats.

But the shipping costs are kind of ridiculous really.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

But the shipping costs are kind of ridiculous really.

You're right.  I just cancelled my pledge.

• Haha 1