Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

4 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

backed to watch for now.  I really can't afford to add a new game so if I stay Snowdonia is sacrificed or this.

Unless I win the lottery before the kickstarter ends of course.  ;)

I was thinking I was going to have to pick two between Escape Plan, Cthulhu and Snowdonia...but because of the buy group for Snowdonia on BGG I think I can justify doing all three. One more person and Snowdonia goes to $49.67/person.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I was thinking I was going to have to pick two between Escape Plan, Cthulhu and Snowdonia...but because of the buy group for Snowdonia on BGG I think I can justify doing all three. One more person and Snowdonia goes to $49.67/person.

Cthulhu is inching up to 2 mil

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

Cthulu is a lock for me.  Unless something egregious occurs between now and close, I'm in.

Snowdonia is charming and given its exclusivity to this kickstarter will be hard to top.

gwargh :)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Cthulu is a lock for me.  Unless something egregious occurs between now and close, I'm in.

Snowdonia is charming and given its exclusivity to this kickstarter will be hard to top.

Put your kids to work.  Lemonade stand comes to mind.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I would not recommend getting escape plan right now. I can tell you from experience I have purchased Vital's Eagle Gryphon Games from KS way after the KS is over and usually right before the kickstarter backers get their copies from boardgamebliss.com for the same amount as Kickstarter backers paid, even less actually with all of the stretch goals.  They always charge a fairly high amount to ship the game to you on their Kickstarter too.  I would definitely go Snowdonia and Cthulhu.   

4 minutes ago, yatescory said:

I would not recommend getting escape plan right now. I can tell you from experience I have purchased Vital's Eagle Gryphon Games from KS way after the KS is over and usually right before the kickstarter backers get their copies from boardgamebliss.com for the same amount as Kickstarter backers paid, even less actually with all of the stretch goals.  They always charge a fairly high amount to ship the game to you on their Kickstarter too.  I would definitely go Snowdonia and Cthulhu.   

Do you have to look at the right time to find the KS editions at retail? I was late to the game for Gallerist and Vinhos but I wasn't able to find KS editions of these at retail. I found that I could buy a lot of the KS packs as extra. For Lisboa, found the deluxe edition but it was like $125 vs $79 for the non deluxe retail version.

Sorry Adam!  I think you are right about Vinhos and Gallerist.  I bought Vinhos later than the KS date.  With Lisboa it was available at Boardgamebliss for $75 Canadian dollars (which is big if you live in the US..I think its like $58 US dollars... PAID shipping (like 8 dollars)  and bought the stretch goal pack from Gamenerdz.com for $24.99 with free shipping and it was still a couple dollars less than the KS with the unreal shipping price included.  You are probably right about the KS full pack from BGB being $125 but they have a pretty decent free ship threshold for US backers at 200 canadian dollars giving free shipping.  To be honest, if Gamenerdz had just listed it early enough, I would have ordered directly through them.  They had the base game with the stretch goal pack for $90 with free shipping.  Again, not a big difference from the KS price, but the point is that I didn't have to put my money down a year in advance to get the game at a good price (actually cheaper).  I know its a risk, but I do not ever find Eagle KSers to be a good value unless you gotta have it NOW and must have the stretch goals.  They have top notch components which I really like but if you wait you can get their games a LOT cheaper.  I think I paid $48 for Vinhos Deluxe from CSI...added something else and got the free shipping.  They do make great games though and I don't begrudge anyone who wants it, and has the funds to buy it now, to go for it!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

$48 for Vinhos Deluxe is a STEAL! Wow!

I looked back in KS for Lisboa before I purchased it retail and had a hard time convincing myself to pay $125 for the deluxe edition when I could see the KS price of $79 if only I had been into his games when the campaign ran 😄 so I went for the non deluxe edition. Although now the Escape Plan KS is offering all the upgrade packs for the previous games as add ons. I'll have to wait to see the prices, but I might bling out some of those copies now.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

I'm sort of approaching retirement, and even I don't know if I'm old enough to paint this monster.

image.png.ccb05f8fd2999664530668512ca22255.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

With Escape Plan and Snowdonia also pledeged, I pulled the plug on Cthulhu.

Side note: Darkness Sabotage is a year late, and they've basically gone dark.  My  guess is they ran out of money, and ran away.  Too bad.  It sounded like a cool game.

On 7/21/2018 at 3:10 PM, Barb Bliss said:

I'm sort of approaching retirement, and even I don't know if I'm old enough to paint this monster.

Oh dear.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:10 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Yeah I get that this is how the characters are but this is a bit much for me.  I mean does that stuff have to be THAT noticeable.  

2 hours ago, yatescory said:

Yeah I get that this is how the characters are but this is a bit much for me.  I mean does that stuff have to be THAT noticeable.  

Glad I passed on Death May Die. That's not a miniature I want in my collection.

12 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

With Escape Plan and Snowdonia also pledeged, I pulled the plug on Cthulhu.

Side note: Darkness Sabotage is a year late, and they've basically gone dark.  My  guess is they ran out of money, and ran away.  Too bad.  It sounded like a cool game.

For whatever reason escape plan didn’t do it for me.  I know he’s a famous game designer but for whatever reason it’s not hitting the right notes....

11 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

For whatever reason escape plan didn’t do it for me.  I know he’s a famous game designer but for whatever reason it’s not hitting the right notes....

I'm sure you could come to some sort of a chord with it.  My guess is you have to b sharp or fall flat.

pumpkin score: 30 points.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

@yatescory I saw you were able to get in the Snowdonia group, nice.

This may shock you but I’m wavering on dmd .... have to say that this is the most uninvolved and lazy cmon Kickstarter I’ve seen.  

2 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

This may shock you but I’m wavering on dmd .... have to say that this is the most uninvolved and lazy cmon Kickstarter I’ve seen.  

Maybe not shocked, but slightly surprised. 

The only other CMON KS I did was Green Horde, and it was WAY more interesting than this one, so I know what you mean. For all the talk and hype, there just doesn't seem to be anything holding me to this one. I still am going to keep my $1 pledge so I'll still have access to the campaign, but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get anything from this one.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Adam said:

@yatescory I saw you were able to get in the Snowdonia group, nice.

Thanks Adam!  Yeah I totally missed that there was a group Buy option for my area. How many of you guys are in the group by right now?  @Barb Bliss and @tgpumpkin too?

Edited by yatescory

1 minute ago, yatescory said:

Thanks Adam!  Yeah I totally missed that there was a group Buy option for my area. How many of you guys are in the group by right now?  @Barb Bliss and @tgpumpkin too?

If I was supposed to do something, then no, not me.

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Maybe not shocked, but slightly surprised. 

The only other CMON KS I did was Green Horde, and it was WAY more interesting than this one, so I know what you mean. For all the talk and hype, there just doesn't seem to be anything holding me to this one. I still am going to keep my $1 pledge so I'll still have access to the campaign, but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get anything from this one.

We’ll see.  Haven’t pulled yet but like you mentioned just no real hype.  Stretch goals have been uninspired.  Truly feels like cmon let this campaign run itself.

if I pull I’ll have to figure out what I get in it’s stead.

• Like 1

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

If I was supposed to do something, then no, not me.

Though would still be interested some time in meeting in the middle for a game weekend.

2 minutes ago, yatescory said:

I’d love to do the group buy but I’m job searching and not certain I’ll be in the area when it ships.

Just now, tgpumpkin said:

I’d love to do the group buy but I’m job searching and not certain I’ll be in the area when it ships.

Where are you searching?  Ohio?

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Where are you searching?  Ohio?

Anywhere in the region honestly.  Wi, Il, oh, in, mn might be a tad far but maybe possible, pa, western ny, mi (sighs), 

• Haha 1