Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

I'm watching the drama, but skipping this game. I have yet to play a Cthulhu game. I do want to read a Lovegood book so understand what the theme is really about. Madness and horror is what I hear a lot. 

Watching the comments is exhausting right now, haha.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Adam said:

Watching the comments is exhausting right now, haha.

Yeah - given it's already over $1 Million - I don't think they're really going to see this KS 'fail' over the way they did this.

But I won't be surprised to see a considerable number of drops of pledges later once the fervor settles down / once more info is made available (or not made available).

• Like 1

I’m quite content with my 100 pledge and don’t need that huge plastic beast in my life.

now if it was a pumpkin I’d be screwed ;) 

Is anyone else eyeing Eclipse 2nd edition?  I won’t be participating in the CMON Cthulhu Kickstarter, but am considering throwing the equivalent sum at this one.  Has anyone played it before?

1 minute ago, LuckyIke said:

Is anyone else eyeing Eclipse 2nd edition?  I won’t be participating in the CMON Cthulhu Kickstarter, but am considering throwing the equivalent sum at this one.  Has anyone played it before?

Played first edition.  Really enjoyed it.  A little complex but a great game.

Kickstarter is a little underwhelming .  I had a chance to buy 1st edition at half off (50 bucks) but held out for the ks.  Kind of wish I didn’t now.

It’s a guarantee great game.  Already proven and highly successful.  I want to own it someday.  

6 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

I owned the 1st edition, but I bought it at a FLGS, not even knowing about KS at that time.  Not sure if it was a KS project or not.  If it was, maybe my copy had less in it.  But it was a BIG box.  We played it like twice.  Three times at the most before it became a dust collector.  I gave it away to a guy that lost his copy in a flood.  It was probably too involved for my bunch.  Jaemus and buddies would set up separate days to just play Eclipse, though since the ring leader that got my copy moved back to Denmark, I haven't seen an email about getting together to play it.

So I have to make some tough calls on which of the 4 games of interest I’m going to back.  I’m locked in on base Cthulhu and deciding between island of el dorado or snowdonia.  Any of you play either of these games (they were released previously)

im out on eclipse .  Like I said great game but I had hoped for a little more from Kickstarter.  

I also have the sentinel to get and the other special request DMG thing I’m asking @Konas assistance for.  My wallet can only do so much

speaking of Cthulhu....I keep thinking about how comical it would be if DMG made a skirmish box (correction CHeST) to accommodate that massive miniature.  It would have to start at the low low price of $1000.  There’s your new R and D development idea :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have not played El Dorado or Snowdonia. I got interested in the Snowdonia campaign when it was shared before, but now I'm locked in (I think) to the Cthulhu base pledge, and next week the new Vital Lacerda game Escape Plan launches July 19. I think I'm capping at just Cthulhu and Escape Plan for now since I'll be looking at $100 each plus whatever CMON throws at me in terms of add ons and other stuff I don't need but will likely get suckered into.

21 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

So I have to make some tough calls on which of the 4 games of interest I’m going to back.  I’m locked in on base Cthulhu and deciding between island of el dorado or snowdonia.  Any of you play either of these games (they were released previously)

im out on eclipse .  Like I said great game but I had hoped for a little more from Kickstarter.  

I also have the sentinel to get and the other special request DMG thing I’m asking @Konas assistance for.  My wallet can only do so much

speaking of Cthulhu....I keep thinking about how comical it would be if DMG made a skirmish box (correction CHeST) to accommodate that massive miniature.  It would have to start at the low low price of $1000.  There’s your new R and D development idea :) 

Shape it like a pine box coffin, and you'd have a real winner on your hands.

1 hour ago, tgpumpkin said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brouhahagames/pumpkin-patch-bad-seeds/description

Another pumpkin game  :):) 

Last few hours of Gorus Maximus.  All stretch goals except for one (doesn't really play into the game) have been reached.  It's ~ $20 for the deluxe version of the game, which is a pretty good value considering the quality of the cards

• Like 1

@tgpumpkin Don't think less of me, but I've dropped my Cthulhu pledge to $1 and I'm going to decide later. The more I watched the game play video, the more I questioned how much I might get to it or if I would just play Zombicide instead. 

I've taken my money from that campaign and gone and backed Snowdonia. So for now, I will commit to Snowdonia and the new Vital game Escape Plan next week.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

@tgpumpkin Don't think less of me, but I've dropped my Cthulhu pledge to $1 and I'm going to decide later. The more I watched the game play video, the more I questioned how much I might get to it or if I would just play Zombicide instead. 

I've taken my money from that campaign and gone and backed Snowdonia. So for now, I will commit to Snowdonia and the new Vital game Escape Plan next week.

I'm currently in on both, but think I will enjoy Sowdonia more.  If nothing else, I would enjoy painting the minis from Cthulhu.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 12:13 AM, LuckyIke said:

Eclipse is a great game man! However, it does have some Minor balancing issues in my opinion with some of the missile techs.  I think they are trying to make things a little more balanced in this Edition but it's a great game even with that small nitpick that I have.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm currently in on both, but think I will enjoy Sowdonia more.  If nothing else, I would enjoy painting the minis from Cthulhu.

Are you going for the GIANT Cthulhu?  It will take a LOT of paint to do that one well.

5 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Are you going for the GIANT Cthulhu?  It will take a LOT of paint to do that one well.

Nope.  That was sold out before I got the email.  But I wouldn't have pledged that even if I could.  That's a lot of dough for a hunk of plastic.  On the plus side, they are looking at creating a game board to simulate it, so you can get the additional scenarios that are to be played on that giant monster.  If they do, I may spring for that expansion.  It's got to be cheaper than $155.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:04 PM, Adam said:

Snowdonia is slowly calling to me more and more .  Watched rahdo and it’s so intriguing.  Trying to resist................

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Snowdonia is slowly calling to me more and more .  Watched rahdo and it’s so intriguing.  Trying to resist................

Come and get me.  Come and get me.  Come and get me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

I think he can, I think he can, I think he can!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Yes I backed it. Yes I backed it.  Yes I backed it.  

Im probably giving up island of el dorado as a result unless Cthulhu doesn’t cut it for me.  The whole insanity thing I find is intruiging and with it being an Eric Lang game I want to give it a shot.  No way am I getting the monster mini but that doesn’t bug me.

thanks @RomyCat @Barb Bliss And @LuckyIke

@Adam I don’t think less of you!  I’m staying still because they now are going to have st least an extra episode and extra monster in the box.  If I complete this backing I’ll be done with cmon for awhile.  I have 2 zombicide (still waiting in green horde), massive darkness, and rise of Moloch now.  

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 7:38 AM, Barb Bliss said:

Nope.  That was sold out before I got the email.  But I wouldn't have pledged that even if I could.  That's a lot of dough for a hunk of plastic.  On the plus side, they are looking at creating a game board to simulate it, so you can get the additional scenarios that are to be played on that giant monster.  If they do, I may spring for that expansion.  It's got to be cheaper than $155.

Just FYI - if I'm reading it right, they continued to open the Giant Mini pledge level and eventually just opened an unlimited quantity of them after the day 1 drama/hoopla. At least I'm seeing it open as of this moment.

I'm holding tight on this latest CMON offering.  Similar to what others have said, I'm already heavy into Z:BP and have Z:Invader coming.  Storage space is a significant consideration right now, despite the Ikea Hellquest a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Just FYI - if I'm reading it right, they continued to open the Giant Mini pledge level and eventually just opened an unlimited quantity of them after the day 1 drama/hoopla. At least I'm seeing it open as of this moment.

I'm holding tight on this latest CMON offering.  Similar to what others have said, I'm already heavy into Z:BP and have Z:Invader coming.  Storage space is a significant consideration right now, despite the Ikea Hellquest a few weeks ago.

The other appeal to me isn’t I’ve never own a Cthulhu game before and would like to learn more about the lore.