Jump to content
Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

So for the upcoming two Terraforming Mars expansions, can I have them shipped to Mars?

Only if you've successfully terraformed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Wow, I'm super impressed. You will be famous to aliens who discover these items.

Only if they could open and understand the files lol :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nskngames/snowdonia-deluxe-master-set?ref=user_menu

This Euro game was first printed in 2012, and got a lot of shotouts. The many promos and expansions were hard to get if you didn't get them quick. Now everything is being included in this luxurious reprint. All the expansions, promos. Everything, including new stretch goals. I couldn't pass this one up.

Snowdonia had actually been sitting in my wishlist on BGG for over six months. I was interested in it, but didn't know it was coming to Kickstarter until a few weeks ago. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RomyCat said:

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nskngames/snowdonia-deluxe-master-set?ref=user_menu

This Euro game was first printed in 2012, and got a lot of shotouts. The many promos and expansions were hard to get if you didn't get them quick. Now everything is being included in this luxurious reprint. All the expansions, promos. Everything, including new stretch goals. I couldn't pass this one up.

Snowdonia had actually been sitting in my wishlist on BGG for over six months. I was interested in it, but didn't know it was coming to Kickstarter until a few weeks ago. 

I’ve been eyeing that.  Eclipse 2nd edition is coming out this week and as @Adam knows I’ve got my eyes on that Cthulhu game as well.  I can’t afford all of them so I have to choose very wisely 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I’ve been eyeing that.  Eclipse 2nd edition is coming out this week and as @Adam knows I’ve got my eyes on that Cthulhu game as well.  I can’t afford all of them so I have to choose very wisely 

I think I might be holding out for Cthulhu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Adam said:

I think I might be holding out for Cthulhu. 

I couldn’t watch the stream how did it look?  Seems like coop yes?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I couldn’t watch the stream how did it look?  Seems like coop yes?  

There wasn't much to show because it sounded like there were issues with the prototype. It is a co-op, not legacy and not campaign based. But it is a Cthulhu dungeon crawl. If you're interested in seeing a replay of the video, here's a link. I also have it queued up to where they talk about the game.

https://youtu.be/3wv96Kzc_mw?t=6h56m30s

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nskngames/snowdonia-deluxe-master-set?ref=user_menu

This Euro game was first printed in 2012, and got a lot of shotouts. The many promos and expansions were hard to get if you didn't get them quick. Now everything is being included in this luxurious reprint. All the expansions, promos. Everything, including new stretch goals. I couldn't pass this one up.

Snowdonia had actually been sitting in my wishlist on BGG for over six months. I was interested in it, but didn't know it was coming to Kickstarter until a few weeks ago. 

Definitely in for this one.  Its only going to be sold on KS too so if you want it get it now because shipping is decent at least to the US and I think it'll fetch a pretty penny later even if you decide to sell it.  You pretty much always get your money back and then some on deluxe editions when you buy them.  I made some serious coin on my two extra Orleans deluxe games that I ordered back in the day.  Pumped for this one.  Plus, they are doing a great job with the stretch goals so far.  They are keeping them coming, which is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 5:10 PM, RomyCat said:

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nskngames/snowdonia-deluxe-master-set?ref=user_menu

This Euro game was first printed in 2012, and got a lot of shotouts. The many promos and expansions were hard to get if you didn't get them quick. Now everything is being included in this luxurious reprint. All the expansions, promos. Everything, including new stretch goals. I couldn't pass this one up.

Snowdonia had actually been sitting in my wishlist on BGG for over six months. I was interested in it, but didn't know it was coming to Kickstarter until a few weeks ago. 

This is slowly growing on my interest list.  I have to watch a plythrough to see if it’s for me or not.

i can’t get all these games though.  Cthulhu big reveal is tomorrow....I’m watching el dorado ....eclipse is supposed to launch and I’m curious about that.  Then I have a legacy box and special request for @Konas on an item.  I have tough choices ahead.

Time to sell my rarely played xbox one s and games :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

This is slowly growing on my interest list.  I have to watch a plythrough to see if it’s for me or not.

i can’t get all these games though.  Cthulhu big reveal is tomorrow....I’m watching el dorado ....eclipse is supposed to launch and I’m curious about that.  Then I have a legacy box and special request for @Konas on an item.  I have tough choices ahead.

Time to sell my rarely played xbox one s and games :) 

Yeah, I have to be very careful with my budge too. I want a legacy box to hold lots of dice. If they are still available next month I may buy one. As I just got a rosewood mimic box, I can't afford another item at the moment. And I'm committed to two Kickstarters this month--both expensive. I can't back any more--that's what I keep telling myself over and over. I do like the look of the El Dorado one. So far, I'm keeping to Snowdonia and Tang Garden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Yeah, I have to be very careful with my budge too. I want a legacy box to hold lots of dice. If they are still available next month I may buy one. As I just got a rosewood mimic box, I can't afford another item at the moment. And I'm committed to two Kickstarters this month--both expensive. I can't back any more--that's what I keep telling myself over and over. I do like the look of the El Dorado one. So far, I'm keeping to Snowdonia and Tang Garden. 

I just backed this, for now anyway.  The weather for this week is due to be hot and muggy, so I'll do a deeper dive later today or tomorrow.  I now have a new bump of urgency to paint Massive Darkness minis.  I hope to have our hero's painted before we play next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tgpumpkin said:

@Adam here’s to hoping Cthulhu looks good tomorrow

Indeed. Although if not, it'll save my wallet from another CMON Kickstarter, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to KS and explore on jetpack joyride.  It's not a get for me, but I can see some of you really liking it.  Lucky Duck puts out some fun games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adam said:

@tgpumpkin Cthulhu funded in 14 minutes.

Yeah - but getting the giant Cthulhu is a joke.  Finally backed one at $235 - not sure if I'll keep it, but wanted to at least have the option.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Yeah - but getting the giant Cthulhu is a joke.  Finally backed one at $235 - not sure if I'll keep it, but wanted to at least have the option.

I'm not a big fan of them releasing the same pledge over and over to limited backers and raising the price each time, that's kind of crappy. And apparently paying more for a later delivery date...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm not a big fan of them releasing the same pledge over and over to limited backers and raising the price each time, that's kind of crappy. And apparently paying more for a later delivery date...?

Which is one reason why I may not keep the pledge.  But at least I have the option.  If it was just the later delivery date - I'd have been "Sure.. it takes time, they can only produce so fast.. so rather than hold everyone up, they're shipping in shifts".

It's definitely the raising the price each time that bothers me (and most everyone else from the comments - except for the 250 people who got the first batch :D )

Oh - looks like they're maxing it out at $250 on the price.

Edited by Thomas Browne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Which is one reason why I may not keep the pledge.  But at least I have the option.  If it was just the later delivery date - I'd have been "Sure.. it takes time, they can only produce so fast.. so rather than hold everyone up, they're shipping in shifts".

It's definitely the raising the price each time that bothers me (and most everyone else from the comments - except for the 250 people who got the first batch :D )

Oh - looks like they're maxing it out at $250 on the price.

The comments are fun to watch, that's for sure. I think I'm just going to stick with my $100 pledge. I'm sure there will be plenty of add ons later to lure me in. Plus I don't want to wait until what is now March 2020 for my stuff.

Edit - Full on raging in the comments now.

Edited by Adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adam said:

The comments are fun to watch, that's for sure. I think I'm just going to stick with my $100 pledge. I'm sure there will be plenty of add ons later to lure me in. Plus I don't want to wait until what is now March 2020 for my stuff.

This isn't winning them any fans, that's for certain.  And yet the pledges still go in seconds.

Yeah - I don't know if i'll keep it, drop to $100 or drop completely - going to wait and see what comes out of this.

They made one comment about trying to make sure everyone can get the R'yleh Rising pledge.. but we'll see if that means they change anything.

I agree that definitely don't think people are going to want to wait a year or more for the expansion (which it could easily be if everyone who backed the project switched to a higher pledge, at the rate of 100 or 200 shipping per month).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Adam said:

The comments are fun to watch, that's for sure. I think I'm just going to stick with my $100 pledge. I'm sure there will be plenty of add ons later to lure me in. Plus I don't want to wait until what is now March 2020 for my stuff.

I got in for $100 too.  I don't need a giant mini.  I got the email, went out there within a few minutes or so, and I'm backer 3253, so I guess you have to do something special to get the earlier invite.  Not that I would pay that much for another game I really don't need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I got in for $100 too.  I don't need a giant mini.  I got the email, went out there within a few minutes or so, and I'm backer 3253, so I guess you have to do something special to get the earlier invite.  Not that I would pay that much for another game I really don't need.

More I think it was people like me who saw the 3pm announced launch, and just kept doing a search of KS until it came up (which is faster/more reliable than the 'browsing' page in terms of picking up new items).

And yeah - for me it isn't the giant mini - it's the actual scenario/content that goes with it.  If they made a non-giant version that still gave you the 'episode' - I'd drop to that pledge in a heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

More I think it was people like me who saw the 3pm announced launch, and just kept doing a search of KS until it came up (which is faster/more reliable than the 'browsing' page in terms of picking up new items).

And yeah - for me it isn't the giant mini - it's the actual scenario/content that goes with it.  If they made a non-giant version that still gave you the 'episode' - I'd drop to that pledge in a heartbeat.

It will be interesting to see what they sell as add ons in pledge manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×