Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

1 hour ago, tgpumpkin said:

No.  But I was late pledge so I’m cool with that but feels like everyone got theirs now 

Ahh...hopefully you'll get yours soon. And you'll probably get everything at once. I've been waiting to add the extra stuff into the game.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

Ahh...hopefully you'll get yours soon. And you'll probably get everything at once. I've been waiting to add the extra stuff into the game.

How do you like it?  One thing I disliked about Black Plague was the double spawn so I’m hoping that this version is a significant upgrade with the horde system and other nuances.

GH is tougher I think. The zombies are a bit more dangerous. The water spaces now add a pretty cool change that can add to or screw up your strategy. Sometimes the horde can be a good thing haha, if you don't have a lot of stuff in the horde outs ok if the card comes out because that stops all other spawns for that turn. I would agree with you though, the double spawns sometimes really kick your butt. I get GH when I want a little more thinky and go to BP when I want some mindless zombie killing.

46 minutes ago, Adam said:

GH is tougher I think. The zombies are a bit more dangerous. The water spaces now add a pretty cool change that can add to or screw up your strategy. Sometimes the horde can be a good thing haha, if you don't have a lot of stuff in the horde outs ok if the card comes out because that stops all other spawns for that turn. I would agree with you though, the double spawns sometimes really kick your butt. I get GH when I want a little more thinky and go to BP when I want some mindless zombie killing.

Thanks for the input.  Greatly appreciated.  You getting invader?  I’m kinda at the point of is it too much zombicide? Lol

38 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Thanks for the input.  Greatly appreciated.  You getting invader?  I’m kinda at the point of is it too much zombicide? Lol

I skipped on invader. I'm feeling the same way; I have plenty of Zombicide to keep me busy. I think there will have to be a great theme or great change in mechanics to get me to add more.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

I skipped on invader. I'm feeling the same way; I have plenty of Zombicide to keep me busy. I think there will have to be a great theme or great change in mechanics to get me to add more.

Same....well once I get green horde :) .  Very curious about. The Cthulhu game coming out by them though :) 

23 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Same....well once I get green horde :) .  Very curious about. The Cthulhu game coming out by them though :) 

CMON is doing a Cthulhu game? I have not heard about that one.

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

CMON is doing a Cthulhu game? I have not heard about that one.

Wow I’m shocked you haven’t seen there ads about it launching July 10th everywhere.  They’ve been showing off a lot of minis.  Hate the name a little “Cthulhu death may die” but I understand it’s a direct quote from the books.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Wow I’m shocked you haven’t seen there ads about it launching July 10th everywhere.  They’ve been showing off a lot of minis.  Hate the name a little “Cthulhu death may die” but I understand it’s a direct quote from the books.

The last thing I need is more minis.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

The last thing I need is more minis.

If it’s a solid coop though I’m in.  I’ve been wanting something other than zombicide for a coop lately.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Adam said:

I just received the Kickstarter stretch goals and add-ons for Zombicide Green Horde today! Looking forward to getting home to check them out.

Also got a shipping confirmation for Near and Far Amber Mines expansion today, so that should arrive in a few days!

Got my notice yesterday that Amber Mines is finally heading my way. Hurrah!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RomyCat said:

Got my notice yesterday that Amber Mines is finally heading my way. Hurrah!

Almost backed that one but had to cut myself off from Kickstarter for a while when it launched :)  someday I hope to try the game 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Almost backed that one but had to cut myself off from Kickstarter for a while when it launched :)  someday I hope to try the game 

I LOVE Above and Below. Played it around 30 times last time I check the logs. It was on my 10x10 Challenge last year. This year we put Near and Far on our 10x10 Challenge. I think we have four plays so far this year (and at least nine from last year) because I have been holding back, waiting for the expansion.  Once it comes, we will be playing it a lot again. I love that it adds cooperative play. Playing as a team with my sister is one of my favorite things to do. (One of the reasons I love Gloomhaven so much.)

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I'm shocked too. I am out of the loop apparently. I just looked it up though and I like the sound of it. Lang and Daviau designing...that could be pretty cool. I'm sure the CMON Kickstarter will suck me in haha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

If it’s a solid coop though I’m in.  I’ve been wanting something other than zombicide for a coop lately.  

Check out Village Attacks when it comes out.  You're the monsters in the castle, and the villagers are trying to kill you all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you're looking for a couple Masterpiece Euro games check out the Snowdonia deluxe edition launching on July 3rd and Madeira launching on July 17th with Zan guo.  Madeira is sooooo good!

30 minutes ago, yatescory said:

If you're looking for a couple Masterpiece Euro games check out the Snowdonia deluxe edition launching on July 3rd and Madeira launching on July 17th with Zan guo.  Madeira is sooooo good!

I might have to put Snowdonia on my radar.

12 hours ago, Adam said:

I might have to put Snowdonia on my radar.

Snowdonia was already on my BGG wishlist. Curies about what a deluxe version will be like. Might have to buy the game at last.