Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

I took a look at that one before it was posted here. Looks cool, but is expensive. I have to cut out buying expensive ones for a while.  Am playing Gloomhaven at the moment and have TONS of scenarios left on it. 

Me too.  

4 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Not to mention the expansion coming at the end of the year :)

I"ll be buying those, I'm sure. My sister and I completed three scenarios today. I'm using an ap which lets you hid areas of the map until you are ready for it to be reveal. Extremely useful.  My clicking on different ares of the screen you can see which monsters you need and tiles without actually seeing the layout of monsters until you walk into the room. Also hides the conclusion until you are ready to read it. If you get a treasure chest, it tells you what you got without you having to look it up in the book. So VERY useful.

Gloomhaven Scenario Viewer app: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1878209/gloomhaven-scenario-viewer-app 

4 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

I will have a new tile for Carcassonne, but I won't use it :) 

I've choosne the center one, the CCCR tile.

newarttiles.thumb.jpg.e87642823e48a85174df2a4221a0c5aa.jpg

Someone has been writing on your tiles!!!  Time to call the Game Police.

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gonab/tang-garden/description

I've been looking forward for this Kickstarter to launch for several weeks. It is one extremely beautiful game!  I saw one picture of it weeks ago and knew I wanted it. Then I went to their website and checked out the gameplay. Then I KNEW for sure, I was going to get it. Tile placement with lots of miniatures and 3D objects. Where you place objects in the garden affects your score. There is an early bird special going on right now. Only last for 72 hours. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I've been looking forward for this Kickstarter to launch for several weeks. It is one extremely beautiful game!  I saw one picture of it weeks ago and knew I wanted it. Then I went to their website and checked out the gameplay. Then I KNEW for sure, I was going to get it. Tile placement with lots of miniatures and 3D objects. Where you place objects in the garden affects your score. There is an early bird special going on right now. Only last for 72 hours. 

I see why you like it.  There is a cat miniature.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RomyCat said:

It went from no games of interest to 3 for me....trickerion.....neta tanka....and now this.  I can’t get all 3 though so I now have to choose.  

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

It went from no games of interest to 3 for me....trickerion.....neta tanka....and now this.  I can’t get all 3 though so I now have to choose.  

I pledged it.  At least for now, to get the early bird.  I don't know if I'll keep it, as I still have a table to pay off.

15 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I pledged it.  At least for now, to get the early bird.  I don't know if I'll keep it, as I still have a table to pay off.

I will too for the time being and make a call on the others in the next week.  

2 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

All three of those have grabbed my attention. Budget it something I have to keep an eye on too. So I am doing 2 out of those three: Neta Tanka and Tang Garden. 

Why I decided not to back Trickeion is that some owners of the base game said it rarely hits their table. Its a heavy game that takes a while to play. I believe Neta Tanka and Tang Garden will get played a lot at my house. The artwork is very appealing. When visitors come for Gaming Days at my house, prettier games (and lighter) are more likely to be chosen for them to try out.  I not about to pull out my Gloomhaven for someone who only occasional plays a tabletop game.

Edited by RomyCat

2 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

All three of those have grabbed my attention. Budget it something I have to keep an eye on too. So I am doing 2 out of those three: Neta Tanka and Tang Garden. 

I'm in on Trickerion and Tang Garden for now (again because of the early bird).

Missed early bird on Neta Tanka so for now - holding off on that as I decide what to do.  I'll almost certainly keep Trickerion - so it's just a matter of the other two for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I'm in on Trickerion and Tang Garden for now (again because of the early bird).

Missed early bird on Neta Tanka so for now - holding off on that as I decide what to do.  I'll almost certainly keep Trickerion - so it's just a matter of the other two for me.

If I had more money, I would back Trickerion too. I missed the early bird for Neta-Tanka, but did get if for Tang Garden. 

Edited by RomyCat

41 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

If I had more money, I would back Trickerion too. I missed the early bird for Neta-Tanka, but did get if for Tang Garden. 

You guys are going to make me look up neta-tanka aren't you?

I like to say it intermittently throughout the day....

....neta tanka

.....neta tanka

......neta tankaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaa

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Why I decided not to back Trickeion is that some owners of the base game said it rarely hits their table. Its a heavy game that takes a while to play. I believe Neta Tanka and Tang Garden will get played a lot at my house. The artwork is very appealing. When visitors come for Gaming Days at my house, prettier games (and lighter) are more likely to be chosen for them to try out.  I not about to pull out my Gloomhaven for someone who only occasional plays a tabletop game.

I haven’t decided which of these 3 just yet I’ll stick the landing with.  Neta tanka and tang are probably more approachable and will get to the table but I LOVE steampunk .  What’s working a little against tang is that I have tokaido so I’m asking myself is it too much of the same?  I don’t know.  He heaviness May work against trickerion though.  Ugh.  

Im also intrigued by the upcoming Cthulhu cmon project hitting in July so I have to leave funds for that.

This is my favorite system for medium-weight wargaming.  I’m a sucker for anything Richard Borg.  I had high hopes for the Star Wars Armada game, but it fell a bit flat for me.  Hoping this will scratch the capital ship space combat itch for me.