Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

1 hour ago, Zoxe said:

Agree with this and what @Adam said. Mrs. Zoxe got me a black plague pledge for my birthday at the time, and we went heavy on it in the PM. We really enjoyed it, and have had my non nerd family play it with good results.

Stayed away for green horde and massive darkness, but couldn't pass up the space marines. Some of the stretch goal survivors look fun and I've enjoyed all the pop culture references, but shudder at the thought of storing them and know most won't see play time. I drew the line at add-ons and other than a 2nd set of dice probably will stay strong. 😀

The last stretch goal in Green Horde was a box to hold all of the other stretch goal minis. Naturally people complained about it as a stretch goal, but I love knowing that I don't have to figure out how to store them and the box they will go in is the same size as the core set.

1 hour ago, Zoxe said:

Agree with this and what @Adam said. Mrs. Zoxe got me a black plague pledge for my birthday at the time, and we went heavy on it in the PM. We really enjoyed it, and have had my non nerd family play it with good results.

Stayed away for green horde and massive darkness, but couldn't pass up the space marines. Some of the stretch goal survivors look fun and I've enjoyed all the pop culture references, but shudder at the thought of storing them and know most won't see play time. I drew the line at add-ons and other than a 2nd set of dice probably will stay strong. 😀

I won’t deny the gameplay and new theme almost pulled me in.  I feel like these days I need a game to be vastly different to compete to be in my collection.  I’m increasing storage space with my recent acquisition of a box to put all my dominion cards in but I have to be selective what fills that newly acquired space.

to be clear I am sure it’ll be great :) .  

I do wish a game could capture me like several did last year.  It’s May and still nothing really.  I backed Crypt at @Barb Bliss recommendation but I’m not feeling the all in vibe.  Right now Black Rose Wars art and aesthetic absolutely wins me over but the company is behind on 2 of their kickstarters which has me nervous that this game is paying the catchup costs of their last games.  Don’t want to be holding the short end of the stick.  

7 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

@Barb Bliss mr cabbageheads garden looks like a quirky game.  I’m watching it.  On the lighter side.  

Why, there's a pumpkin card lol  :):) 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 3:34 PM, Barb Bliss said:

The Forbidden City on KS looks really interesting!

I backed this! Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 2:54 PM, tgpumpkin said:

@Barb Bliss mr cabbageheads garden looks like a quirky game.  I’m watching it.  On the lighter side.  

Oh man, I'm loving the art.

• Like 1

Just got and email alert from KS for "Kodama Duo: Kindred Spirits" -  "An inTREEguing two player version of Kodama: The Tree Spirits!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Just got and email alert from KS for "Kodama Duo: Kindred Spirits" -  "An inTREEguing two player version of Kodama: The Tree Spirits!"

Oooh!! I do love Kodama! Adorable little game.

12 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

@RomyCat should love this.

Yep, got my eye immediately. Zenith and I love holiday theme games.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eclipseeditorial/skull-tales-full-sail

Here is one that I am debating about backing. It looks awesome. There are three different stages which includes sailing the open seas and exploring islands then playing with your characters on the actual ships and visiting towns. Its packed full of miniatures. The game was first released three years ago. This is an updated version with better rules and added stuff.

While the game looks awesome, it lacks reviews. There are only a few and mostly in Spanish. For a game that is 3 years old, I expect a Dice Tower review at least. Nope, can’t find one normal reviewer I watch talking about this game. Could be because it was never released in English before (but that is a guess on that).  Lots of people are backing this one. What do you think about it?  I’ve heard of too many games that are heavy on miniatures and light on play. This one seems to have good game play, but I want to see reviews.

Edited by RomyCat

3 hours ago, RomyCat said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eclipseeditorial/skull-tales-full-sail

Here is one that I am debating about backing. It looks awesome. There are three different stages which includes sailing the open seas and exploring islands then playing with your characters on the actual ships and visiting towns. Its packed full of miniatures. The game was first released three years ago. This is an updated version with better rules and added stuff.

While the game looks awesome, it lacks reviews. There are only a few and mostly in Spanish. For a game that is 3 years old, I expect a Dice Tower review at least. Nope, can’t find one normal reviewer I watch talking about this game. Could be because it was never released in English before (but that is a guess on that).  Lots of people are backing this one. What do you think about it?  I’ve heard of too many games that are heavy on miniatures and light on play. This one seems to have good game play, but I want to see reviews.

Well there are a couple on boardgamegeek.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/166776/skull-tales/forums/63

7 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Well there are a couple on boardgamegeek.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/166776/skull-tales/forums/63

Thanks, Thomas. Those two written review were very insightful. Both mention the game needed more depth. I know in this new version, more suppose to be added and some rules changed. I wish there were reviews for the new version so I could see if the changes will ready enhance the game. 

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, tgpumpkin said:

Keep your eye out for a possible DMG appearance here. Nothing confirmed yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

Keep your eye out for a possible DMG appearance here. Nothing confirmed yet.

hmmm.....interesting.  It's been a quieter kickstarter but moving a relaxed and successful pace.  

• Like 1

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/luxor-forgotten-treasures-0?ref=user_menu

Luxor is nominated for Game of the Year. The deluxe version was already in production and to be delivered in July. Queen Games decided to re-open up their Kickstarter to give people a second chance to get the deluxe version of game which comes with four extra expansions, an entire extra second game, and wooden tokens. If you interested, there is only 6 days left out of 12. 

Thanks to my sister's encouragement, I wound up backing the Luxor & Pioneer version. Thanks Zenith for spending my money in my wallet.

Edited by RomyCat

9 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/luxor-forgotten-treasures-0?ref=user_menu

Luxor is nominated for Game of the Year. The deluxe version was already in production and to be delivered in July. Queen Games decided to re-open up their Kickstarter to give people a second chance to get the deluxe version of game which comes with four extra expansions, an entire extra second game, and wooden tokens. If you interested, there is only 6 days left out of 12. 

Thanks to my sister's encouragement, I wound up backing the Luxor & Pioneer version. Thanks Zenith for spending my money in my wallet.

Thanks @RomyCat.  I just missed out on the $104 early bird, but got the $109 early bird.  Not that I need anymore games.

Zoxe, those minis are so cute. I have not played the base game. How  do you like it, if you own the base?

Edited by RomyCat

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wiggles3d/5-minute-dungeon-curses-foiled-again-expansion?ref=user_menu

This one is exploding fast. I've not played the base game but it has my attention now. Over 5,000 backers. There is limited printing if you want the Big Box which including both base and expansion. I found myself picking it up.

Now I need to official ban myself from Kickstarter for a while. My wallet hates me right now. Its trying to bite my hand every time I try to go near it.

14 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Thanks @RomyCat.  I just missed out on the $104 early bird, but got the $109 early bird.  Not that I need anymore games.

I actually missed the early, early bird. But the next morning, I found that a few had dropped that level, and I was able to downgrade my pledge to get the $104 level. If you keep an eye out, you might get the chance to do the same thing.