Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

I wonder if there will be any must have projects or games coming out this summer.  Nothing has called to me.  So far the only game of promise that hasn’t released but sounds intruiging is steampunk dungeons.  

2 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I wonder if there will be any must have projects or games coming out this summer.  Nothing has called to me.  So far the only game of promise that hasn’t released but sounds intruiging is steampunk dungeons.  

Lucky you, Tgpumpkin. That is the way to save money.  xD

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

Lucky you, Tgpumpkin. That is the way to save money.  xD

Well it’s probably because @Barb Bliss stopped trying to post ways to spend my money on that post I made a while back ;) 

Any of you peeps back the first City of Kings?  I see it’s back on kickstarter again.....I’m eyeing it.  I pledged initially so I can watch but I’m going to be reading up on it some more first.

30 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Any of you peeps back the first City of Kings?  I see it’s back on kickstarter again.....I’m eyeing it.  I pledged initially so I can watch but I’m going to be reading up on it some more first.

Crypt looks a lot more fun and it's only $9 plus shipping.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Ok I’ll back it.  Other than exploding kittens and bears vs. babies I don’t have a ton of quick games.  Kingdom builder is on the lighter end but is closer to 30-40.

Kinda want the gold edged cards but not sure why I should pay 2.5 times more for them :) 

Edited by tgpumpkin

Just now, tgpumpkin said:

Ok I’ll back it.  Other than exploding kittens and bears vs. babies I don’t have a ton of quick games.  Kingdom builder is on the lighter end.  

Kinda want the gold edged cards but not sure why I should pay 2.5 times more for them :) 

The cost of gilding the cards is insanely expensive.  They aren't getting more money by offering them.  They're just giving you the option of a cooler deck.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

The cost of gilding the cards is insanely expensive.  They aren't getting more money by offering them.  They're just giving you the option of a cooler deck.

I believe you.  It’s surprising that it would be that much more.  Considering they’re selling their game for only 9 bucks I wasn’t thinking it was a cash grab but more of a quantity of order cost.  

2 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I believe you.  It’s surprising that it would be that much more.  Considering they’re selling their game for only 9 bucks I wasn’t thinking it was a cash grab but more of a quantity of order cost.  

I went with the signature level because the original combo level filled before I saw it.  That was a tad grabby, but the other game looks real fun, and is going to be out of print.

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I went with the signature level because the original combo level filled before I saw it.  That was a tad grabby, but the other game looks real fun, and is going to be out of print.

Ehh but you’re getting 2 games and 1 is signed.  Maybe there’s a slight inflated cost but 17 dollars per game is hardly what I call outlandish.  Exploding kittens is more expensive than that.

5 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Ehh but you’re getting 2 games and 1 is signed.  Maybe there’s a slight inflated cost but 17 dollars per game is hardly what I call outlandish.  Exploding kittens is more expensive than that.

Well if you compare it to the original combo, you're basically paying the difference in price for the signature, which I could care less about.  But I did say tad, and I did pledge it.

55 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Damn you @Barb Bliss ;) I hadn't heard of this and had stayed clear of new KS projects given all the stuff I've backed so far this year, and you go and put an end to that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Damn you @Barb Bliss ;) I hadn't heard of this and had stayed clear of new KS projects given all the stuff I've backed so far this year, and you go and put an end to that.

I've really cut back too.  Most of the things I pledge now are from someone I'm following pledges them and I get an email.  Jamie Steg* and Druid City Games are the two biggest culprits.

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

This is why @Barb Bliss is in charge of spending my money .  Her only faux pas was she didn’t post this recommendation in my ways to spend my money posting ;) 

i might as well just mail her my credit card :P .  Who knows what I would end up with.  Only thing I could predict is at least a few orders would likely involve gin :)

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I've really cut back too.  Most of the things I pledge now are from someone I'm following pledges them and I get an email.  Jamie Steg* and Druid City Games are the two biggest culprits.

I have too in many ways.  If I back city of kings for the long haul that will be the first in a while.  Still researching it.

yes I am backing crypt but at 9 bucks I barely call that an investment. :) 

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

I have too in many ways.  If I back city of kings for the long haul that will be the first in a while.  Still researching it.

yes I am backing crypt but at 9 bucks I barely call that an investment. :) 

Well, you'll need consider how low class the game will be if you use the original dice.  You need to get 4 sets of 3D6 of wood dice.  I'm sure @Konas could spin out some sets of 3 D6.

9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I have the same thing happen from creators I follow. I just want to know when they launch new projects, and I end up getting sucked into all kinds of stuff. That's how I ended up backing Auztralia, Ryan Laukat backed it and that got me interested, I watched some videos and BANG...

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

I have the same thing happen from creators I follow. I just want to know when they launch new projects, and I end up getting sucked into all kinds of stuff. That's how I ended up backing Auztralia, Ryan Laukat backed it and that got me interested, I watched some videos and BANG...

Follow Jamie Steg* from Stonemaier Games and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Follow Jamie Steg* from Stonemaier Games and see what happens.

Already doing so. He hasn't hurt my wallet too much. I'm more interested in the projects he puts out. I like his games a lot.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Already doing so. He hasn't hurt my wallet too much. I'm more interested in the projects he puts out. I like his games a lot.

Same.  Love Scythe.  Charterstone has been wonderful.  Eyeing viticulture.  

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

Check out Sorcerer City if you haven't seen it yet.  Late pledges being accepted.

2 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I really enjoy Viticulture. And it's light enough that it's easy to teach people.