Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

How do you like Nemesis?

I almost backed that campaign but I’m waiting until I get LoH before backing a future product of theirs.  

9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Just backed "Unbroken" (solo play game).  Looks awesome and affordable.

I've been seeing all kinds of buzz on this one. Mostly holding off because too many other projects backed right now.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I've been seeing all kinds of buzz on this one. Mostly holding off because too many other projects backed right now.

Including shipping, It's only @29.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Including shipping, It's only @29.

I know you have a hard time seeing images and GIFS posted here, so use your imagination to see one of a person with a a devil on their shoulder whispering "advice" into their ear. :D

• Haha 2

Just now, Adam said:

I know you have a hard time seeing images and GIFS posted here, so use your imagination to see one of a person with a a devil on their shoulder whispering "advice" into their ear. :D

check out the videos on the page.  dead viking does a real deep review.

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

check out the videos on the page.  dead viking does a real deep review.

PEER PRESSURE!! AHHH!! PEER PRESSURE!!

10 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

They are reopening pledge manager for a few days for some stragglers.  If you want, I could get you a copy of Dinogenics.  You just pay me for the game and shipping (use dmg to get me your address).  I'm already doing this for Ian, so what's one more.  Let me know asap if you want me to do this as PM closes real soon (like maybe 4/17).

Ah, Barb, you are tempting me soooo much. The artwork for Dinogenics looks so much better than Dino Island. Has wooden meeples instead of pink plastic. Love the goats. Still, I'm going to try to save my money, I think. Thanks for the offer though. If I do change my mind in the next couple of days, I will let you know. 

Was eating dinner with my sister who kept saying throughout the meal, "Get the dino games. Get both."  As we were cleaning up, she reminded me, "Tell Barb you are in." 

Ah, peer pressure. :ph34r:I was so trying to be "responsible" and save my money.  So, Barb, I will be messaging you about the details. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Was eating dinner with my sister who kept saying throughout the meal, "Get the dino games. Get both."  As we were cleaning up, she reminded me, "Tell Barb you are in." 

Ah, peer pressure. :ph34r:I was so trying to be "responsible" and save my money.  So, Barb, I will be messaging you about the details. 

Anyone else want that game?  There is a late pledge button on the campaign page.  Give it a whirl.

Thanks, Barb. I bought the game. Now to just wait until November until it comes in.,

• Thanks 1

Soi looked up Dino island @RomyCat and it looks interesting . Probably won’t jump in .  Something hangs me up but I’m not sure what.  

6 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Soi looked up Dino island @RomyCat and it looks interesting . Probably won’t jump in .  Something hangs me up but I’m not sure what.  

Closet goat lover?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Closet goat lover?

Lol no.  I think it’s the fact that it seems like there’s an awful lot going on .  I can play deeper games no sweat but something about the play through video made me feel like it’s a lot of pieces doing all this random stuff.  Maybe it’s because I didn’t feel like I could see the engine.

That’s just a hunch though.  I can’t quite put my finger on it.  Maybe I just have to watch a few more videos.  

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

Lol no.  I think it’s the fact that it seems like there’s an awful lot going on .  I can play deeper games no sweat but something about the play through video made me feel like it’s a lot of pieces doing all this random stuff.  Maybe it’s because I didn’t feel like I could see the engine.

That’s just a hunch though.  I can’t quite put my finger on it.  Maybe I just have to watch a few more videos.  

Don't think that button will be there long, so don't pull a #tgpumpkin

• Like 1

Don't think that button will be there long, so don't pull a #tgpumpkin

Did you just use me as a hashtag??!!??  Damnit @Barb Bliss;)

#gourdgrief 

• Haha 1

If you guys still haven't gotten in on Fantasy Coin's metal coin KS, you should really consider it.  I have coins from their first campaign and every time people see them they are wowed.  They are very hefty coins with a very nice design, and are VERY reasonably priced.  I use my Greek, Roman, and Japan sets the most but all of the sets are nice.  If you like Lords of Waterdeep, their Waterhelm set is very nice.

The reason I am posting about this again is if you back at the $100 level now (30 packs of 10 coins...you're choice for each pack), they are including one of their very nice/solid chests.  They plan on selling these for $75 each just for the chests after the campaign.  They have produced them before and backers always loved the result.  Last post about them but I think these coins will look great in the Cocos...but if you want to use cardboard coins, go for it. :P

2 minutes ago, yatescory said:

If you guys still haven't gotten in on Fantasy Coin's metal coin KS, you should really consider it.  I have coins from their first campaign and every time people see them they are wowed.  They are very hefty coins with a very nice design, and are VERY reasonably priced.  I use my Greek, Roman, and Japan sets the most but all of the sets are nice.  If you like Lords of Waterdeep, their Waterhelm set is very nice.

The reason I am posting about this again is if you back at the $100 level now (30 packs of 10 coins...you're choice for each pack), they are including one of their very nice/solid chests.  They plan on selling these for $75 each just for the chests after the campaign.  They have produced them before and backers always loved the result.  Last post about them but I think these coins will look great in the Cocos...but if you want to use cardboard coins, go for it. :P

I eyed it but I kinda like getting the board game theme coins aligned with the game itself.  Love my Scythe coins.  Definitely helps with the immersion.

i did buy the iron clays Roxley sold with Brass so who knows maybe I’ll jump in :) 

@tgpumpkin, @yatescory, can you provide the links as text?  All I can see is this content is blocked for my protection, like they give a rip about me...

@Barb Bliss I’m sorry I just quoted @yatescory...no links.  My comment was about @yatescory recommendation of backing the fantasy coins Kickstarter.  I said I generally prefer getting coins with the board game theme as it helps with immersion.  I did buy Roxleys iron clays though.

If you search fantasy gaming coins you can see the ks

• Like 1

On the recommendation of someone I bought the game feudum.  Heavier game so I’m going to do some prep time before opening it.  Loved the quirky style of it .  

2 hours ago, yatescory said:

I've checked it, but the shipping cost is really high for Canada. I've the fire set from MeepleSource for cheaper, and recently backed legendary coins.

On 4/12/2018 at 6:51 PM, RomyCat said:

Peer pressure...that's what sisters are for....at least when buying a game is involved. 

10 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Peer pressure...that's what sisters are for....at least when buying a game is involved. 

I'm glad you two sisters really get along.  When I see my sisters, I need about 3 hours in front of the mirror doing affirmations to get through the experience with integrity.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm glad you two sisters really get along.  When I see my sisters, I need about 3 hours in front of the mirror doing affirmations to get through the experience with integrity.

It is great to have my sister as my best friend. She has always been there for me and/or my daughter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1