Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

13 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I think Dinogenics is better than back from extinction.  You might want to check it out.  It even has Z-Rex.

Architects is similar to several games I have already.

Looked into Dinogenics and sadly their KS has closed and they are not taking pre-orders at this time.

Architects of the West Kingdom comes from a series and designer that I like a lot. I have Explorers of the North Sea, and Raiders of the North Sea soon has an expansion coming out that will allow for solo play. I'm kind of a sucker for anything in the North Sea series.

Please consider backing Fantasy Coin if you are looking to pimp your games with high quality metal game coins for an incredible price.  I was a backer of their first campaign and even though they were a bit late the product was worth the wait.  Seems they've had some fulfillment issues in other campaigns because the shipping company up and stops fulfillment so they are handling things in house now.  I can post pictures if anyone wants to see real photos.  The coins have a nice heft to them. 

Posted (edited)
I missed the game Dinosaur Island the first time. Haven't decided about it now.  To get the base and expansion is $120. Ouch. Anyone here play the game?  What is it like? Wondering about the other dino game you were talking about.
Edited by RomyCat

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:
I missed the game Dinosaur Island the first time. Haven't decided about it now.  To get the base and expansion is $120. Ouch. Anyone here play the game?  What is it like? Wondering about the other dino game you were talking about.

Dinogenics is a LOT cheaper than $120.

12 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I haven't played it but I jumped on this one. I've heard too many good things about the game to miss out this time around. 

3 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

I haven't played it but I jumped on this one. I've heard too many good things about the game to miss out this time around. 

I echo what Lindsey said. I haven't played it yet either, but I've watched a number of video reviews and playthroughs on it and I've liked everything I saw. The other thing for me is that you can't even find a copy through retail now, everything is sold out and it's crazy secondary market prices. Not sure if Pandasaurus is going change that to get more copies into production after this KS, but basically I don't want to miss out.

On 3/30/2018 at 7:30 AM, Lindsey said:

I am pretty sure Romycat is getting Dinosaur Island so I will get to play it and keep my money. A win win for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Peter Pickle said:

Copyright infringement! I already play that game with my wife!

I hope you didn't copyright the early gherkin special.  That'd be kind of a big dill.

For your consideration.  I haven't had time to check it out on a computer that doesn't have KS blocked, but it looks spudtacular.

image.png.237b9899dab1d490f3c3348d159d07ae.png

4 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

For your consideration.  I haven't had time to check it out on a computer that doesn't have KS blocked, but it looks spudtacular.

image.png.237b9899dab1d490f3c3348d159d07ae.png

I dunno Barb, it looks a little half baked, a real mash-up.  Now if they had an expansion for root vegetables, then we’d be in business. Parsnips attack!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LuckyIke said:

I dunno Barb, it looks a little half baked, a real mash-up.  Now if they had an expansion for root vegetables, then we’d be in business. Parsnips attack!

I looked it up after work.  Looks kind of stupid :-(

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Honestly very little has caught my eye this year.....

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Yeah, but at least it provided some good pun opportunities.  Now it can go quietly into the night.  If you still feel like you’re missing out by not backing it, I can mail you some potatoes.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Fire in the Library and Crypt.  Both press your luck and reasonably priced.

On 4/5/2018 at 7:53 PM, tgpumpkin said:

Now that is the spirit. Save money while you can for more awesome DMG gear.

So far this year I have backed these games:

• Crypt (its super cheap, why not)
  • Palm Island (another small, cheap one)
  • Xia: Missions and Powers (I own the base game and 1 expansion. Love the game. This series is what first connvinced me Kickstarter games can be awesome)
  • Tiny Epic Zombies  (just couldn't help myself)
  • Countdown: Action Edition  (its from DMG, how could I not?)

I'm still debating about Dinosaur Island. Soooo expensive and I'm trying to cut down on my spending. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RomyCat said:

• Xia: Missions and Powers (I own the base game and 1 expansion. Love the game. This series is what first connvinced me Kickstarter games can be awesome)

I'm still debating about Dinosaur Island. Soooo expensive and I'm trying to cut down on my spending. 

They are reopening pledge manager for a few days for some stragglers.  If you want, I could get you a copy of Dinogenics.  You just pay me for the game and shipping (use dmg to get me your address).  I'm already doing this for Ian, so what's one more.  Let me know asap if you want me to do this as PM closes real soon (like maybe 4/17).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I almost got tiny epic zombies.  Those tiny games look interesting.

11 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I've gotten:

• Crypt
  • Fire in the Library (check it out - about to close)
  • Sorcerer's City (looks really fun)
  • Chronicles of Crime (will cause me to get a smart phone, but may be the future for some games)
  • Nemesis

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I've gotten:

• Crypt
  • Fire in the Library (check it out - about to close)
  • Sorcerer's City (looks really fun)
  • Chronicles of Crime (will cause me to get a smart phone, but may be the future for some games)
  • Nemesis

How do you like Nemesis?

1 minute ago, Adam said:

How do you like Nemesis?

I don't have it yet, but I like the concepts.  I especially like the game after the game.

• Like 1