Konas

On the lookout for awesome new games

I really like the look of Endeavor Age of Sail.  I so need to cut down on my Kickstarters this year.

Several people I follow have backed this.  Barb is just saying no for the same reasons as Romy, but it's looking popular.

image.png.188b183fac83d5339c1542423b96aa50.png

On 2/12/2018 at 7:02 PM, tgpumpkin said:

I considered it....but I’m trying to stick to my resolution that i will be selective on what I back this year

May want to check out the newest stretch goals and really reconsider!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 6:03 PM, Serge Darveau said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1118172895/ember-trick-or-treat-an-expansion-wood-deck-boxes/description

Remember those cards, were in PnP, now in expansion of the base game.

9bbb69c2ab3288ff51853425b9a09eab_original.thumb.jpg.661852831793b082fd97868b984bedcc.jpg

Last hours to back

Dear Wizards

As we’re onto the final 36 hours I wanted to give you some more legendarily juicy details about the Stretch Goals. I don’t want to get your hopes up, as there’s a long way to go, but let’s get right into it. Deep breath!

If we make £6,000, I’ll increase the number of cards to a whopping 55 – that’s right - almost double the number of cards promised, you will potentially see:  

• 15 x Gloom Cards  
  • 8 x Familiar Cards (23 cards)  
  • 6 x Astral Cards (29 cards)  
  • 6 x Blood Cards (creatures that Retaliate when an opponent does an action (35 cards).  
  • 12 x Halloween creatures (47 cards
  • 8 x General creatures (including the reworked Mother Earth) to round off your Ember experience (55 cards).

End of An Era
Once this campaign ends, that's it. Really. I mean it. No more Ember. You've got every card I can think of and all the powers and creatures, so this really is your final ever time to get a copy of Ember: The Magical Card Game

I really REALLY mean it when I say there'll be no more campaigns and this is the final everchance to get those in-print cards. Beyond this, I'm going to focus on the five games I've got coming out this year and give you something really cool to play with.

432db4a679409aeb73f0fffd47c630bd_original.thumb.jpg.2a61198f56108598ea752acbef52b8b0.jpg

Oh no, @Serge Darveau.. I don't even know if I'd like that game, I just want it for that Radiant Dog card. Frick.

I'm such a sucker for art.

Others to check out.  I suppose I should put this on @tgpumpkin's forum for spending  his money, but he should find this here

• per Jamey Stegmaier: SWORDCRAFTERS - Craft 2D game pieces into a 3D sword
  • per Druid City Games and about 6 other guys - Edge of Darkness and Robin Hood and the merry men

2 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

end1.jpg.80a1c173710bc53a7223edec0b8b4554.jpgend2.jpg.d6d2fc1f0d82ae9c0b83aaa5ab81065b.jpg

Why would someone what this when they could have DMG card trays?  Wood is way sturdier than plastic.

On 2/22/2018 at 12:19 PM, Serge Darveau said:

end1.jpg.80a1c173710bc53a7223edec0b8b4554.jpgend2.jpg.d6d2fc1f0d82ae9c0b83aaa5ab81065b.jpg

That so makes me want to back the game. I'm must resist. Money is limited. Money is limited. Just keep telling myself that over and over. 

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

Here is another game that looks awesome but I'm trying to pass to save money. I did back their previous game Rise to Nobility and enjoyed playing it. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/512772051/robin-hood-and-the-merry-men?ref=profile_starred

I have this one saved, but think I am ultimately going to hold back.  I can’t let my fear of missing out dictate my pledging habits.  I’ll note it and if turns out to be the new hotness, will try to get it through retail.

Amid a snow storm (at least the rabbit poop is covered up now), I received a package.  "I've/You've Got Crabs" has arrived.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Amid a snow storm (at least the rabbit poop is covered up now), I received a package.  "I've/You've Got Crabs" has arrived.

You ordered a couple days before me.  How did I get mine first?

I can't believe no one has mentioned Dice Throne Season 2.  I am usually not the dice chucking sort, but this game looks stellar and has been taken on by Roxley publishing which is top notch.  I'm in on this one for sure...

1 hour ago, yatescory said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Dice Throne Season 2.  I am usually not the dice chucking sort, but this game looks stellar and has been taken on by Roxley publishing which is top notch.  I'm in on this one for sure...

@yatescoryI thought about this one but the problem I will have is it’s season 2 and my completionist mind can’t have that :) .  I’ve made a promise to myself this year to be very selective on what I back.  Roxley makes good games for sure but I’m gonna sit out this one.  I’m eyeing their steampunk dungeons game though :)

17 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

You ordered a couple days before me.  How did I get mine first?

They are Buckeye fans?  They adore pumpkins over rabbit haters?  I stopped trying to figure out government operations.

Ok, I played the DMG game "Livestock Uprising".  It was on sale in February, so I figured what the heck, and bought it.  Nice artwork @Konas!  There are 4 armies.  Cows, goats, pig, and chickens.  Each animal group had a different advantage.  It was sort of fun, though I have to admit, Drew talking in a goat voice the entire time was the funnest part.  Most uttered (excuse the pun) phrase was "blah blah blah... kick the chicken." 

I get the cows.  Find the valuable/scarce resources like apples and squat on them.  If you'll excuse the pun, beef them up so they are hard to move.  I get the goats.  Continuously attack anyone weaker than themselves to keep them weak.  I get the pigs.  Try and build their armies up as quickly as possible into a super army first.  Now the chickens, I'm not sure how to play it other than flapping their wings and running away at the end of the game because they are weaker than everyone else, and hope that the heavy weights beat each other up first. 

Guess which one I "got to" play.  That's right.  The chicken everyone else had fun kicking.  To add insult to injury, the outer ring near my barn was a lot of forest, lakes, and open fields.   But I ran away relatively effectively until the cows and the goats thinned each other out, and then eventually lost to the pigs.  Then the pigs came after little old me.  Bawk!  Given I was the weakest army, 2nd place isn't that bad.

• Like 1