Hi everyone! 

I've been talking a lot about Ark: Survival Evolved and the new Animal Crossing at the office, so I figured I'd make a thread to discuss video games. What video games are you currently in to, or looking forward to? 

Like I said, I've been talking a LOT about Ark. I've been playing it for awhile now, and my favorite thing to do is build. 

I've lived on a lot of the different maps, but right now I'm on Ragnarok, living in the Highlands. I keep talking about how I'm going to build a castle, but I'm REALLY indecisive when it comes to massive building projects in games. So, instead, I'm making a tiny village. Right now I have my home and greenhouse set up! Next up is the stables, and a workshop area. 

I use a few mods for decor, since I discovered that I like building so much. Here's what I've completed over the past week: 

20200308115029_1.thumb.jpg.e681d982b4d23f594d5ac39ab19d5163.jpg
Not perfect, and I think I need to adjust the windows, but I love how it looks on the inside! So far. Everything is kind of a mess since I don't have a workshop set up yet, and I'm still learning the ins and outs of the new mods I'm using for decor and building. I also think I'll change my greenhouse roof. 

I'd like to have more of a wrap-around balcony, so that I can snipe down pterandons. 

There's a cave behind the waterfall just off screen on the left! It's my storage area for dinos. Also currently houses my baby dino nursery. 

20200308115136_1.thumb.jpg.07ddbf1ed569ace18c31fdea720a5eed.jpg

The biggest challenge for my home interior will be where to put my art gallery! The only thing that I like more than building is painting. I follow along with Bob Ross videos. 

Here's the one that I'm the most proud of, from my last home: 
IMG_8201.thumb.JPG.b2c0e713fdcd9973e8eefcd2b410ea9f.JPG

And that's what I've been playing. :) That, and a LOT of Dead by Daylight. 

• 5 weeks later...

I am really liking the story in Darksiders.  I've played 3 of the 4 games released (just received the most recent one but haven't had a chance to play yet). The first two games are a ton of fun to play. Darksiders 3 the play style is not quite as good, but I do like many aspects of the game and its story. Really excited to see where the story goes going forward!

• 5 months later...

@Anne, I've never heard of Ark: Survival Evolved, but now you have been intrigued. One of my favorite things about Skyrim is having a home you can decorate. Ark seems like a game I would love to play, but its expensive. I'm going to ad it to my watch list and try to catch it on sell. 

@Serge Darveau, you picked a great one. Dragon Warrior was the first RPG I ever played. I was in maybe 9th grade at the time. It blew me away with what a video game was capable of doing. It even gave the option of joining up with the bad guy at the end of the game, which my mom accidentally did.  My sister, mom, and myself devoured this game with each of us playing for an hour or two at a time while the others kept wanting to steal the controller so we could play. 

The current games I play a lot are Animal Crossing: New Horizon and Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Just yesterday after work, I finally faced off against Gannon and beat him with my niece rooting for me and looking up tips on her phone when I got stuck in one place. It was awesome sharing the victory with her. 

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game  Details

• 4 weeks later...

Steam is having a huge release of demos for Autumn. Found this one last night and the demo was a blast. It's supposed to release on 28 October and I am super excited. I didn't know what I expected, but "rave music horror" certainly fits it. 

Do not watch if you're sensitive to flashing lights and whatnot!