Sign in to follow this  
Serge Darveau

Land of the Dragons

I like the meeples on horses. So if this game ever becomes a reality on Kickstarter, how much to you think it would cost to buy?

Single buy of everything costs a lot, it will cost me about 400$ for the components and the ink of the cards. Mass production will reduce the price, but I think over 100 $.

19 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Single buy of everything costs a lot, it will cost me about 400$ for the components and the ink of the cards. Mass production will reduce the price, but I think over 100 $.

I think you need to scale back on the dice.  2 d10 has to be cheaper than a d100.

Game components:

150 tiles

300 cards

73 dices (without D9, D48, D60, D100, D120 and magical dices)

70 acrylic crystals

32 minis

play money (cheaper than metal coins)

counters

extra? donkeys, horses, catapults ????

My suggestion for money would be cardboard coins that appear in many games. Personally I don’t like using paper money anymore like what comes in Monoply. Your game does look intriguing. Someday when you are ready for playtesting by others, I would love to volunteer (if I don’t have to buy a ton of extra parts to play a prototype).   Already I have metal money, acrylic crystals (from Mage Knight), lots of dice (but non larger than a D20), a collection of minis, and many meeples.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 8:39 PM, Serge Darveau said:

This could be a 7th player :) 

twires103.jpg.e4b1b59ea13cbdd2a35e1d6ad4b61899.jpg

Have some ideas about a horse for the meeple :) 

p0111r_3.thumb.jpg.cfa330825c0e761ce5412c60bf63338d.jpg

If I ever get to play I claim the 7th player meeple. And he needs to be riding a black horse with flaming hoofs. 

• Like 1

On 15/03/2018 at 5:31 AM, Zenithsplendor said:

If I ever get to play I claim the 7th player meeple. And he needs to be riding a black horse with flaming hoofs. 

Jack is coming with seven black horses for meeple from Germany lol :)

New playtest soon :) 

• Like 1

In fact, it's the white dices, all black horses will be used by all the players. :) The black dice for the black knigth, I've ordered another one in black to replace the purple one that I won't have to paint. :) 

20 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

In fact, it's the white dices, all black horses will be used by all the players. :) The black dice for the black knigth, I've ordered another one in black to replace the purple one that I won't have to paint. :) 

There's a set of Gibbon Ebony still on the dmg website...

Looking at these new tiles from spielmaterial, I was thinking about risk winning cards at the end of each turn. Could be combined to get a donkey with chariot, a horse or a catapult, may be some money.

Ex: two wood tiles and a gold tile for the catapult. :) 

c0005b_1.thumb.jpg.11b646c8f670f39d5547f1744b03902d.jpg

1 hour ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I approve of the black horses B|

They are made for meeples, but the twinples looks like the horse are running fast. 

• Like 1