Konas

New Kickstarter soon....

3 hours ago, SeeSome said:

I just wanted to give a big thumb's up to all of the Dog Might Lumberjacks and Valkyries for the way they handled the concerns that were raised about the new Kickstarter.  

Really well done on your part and really respectful of the community that you're building (which I'm happy to be a part of).  Kudos.

Thanks so much. We only had the best intentions so it is good to hear that our response was well received.

• Like 1

3 hours left in the current Kickstarter. Aside from deciding which woods to go with for my sleeves, I'm only thinking...

When does the next Dog Might Kickstarter begin!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

3 hours left in the current Kickstarter. Aside from deciding which woods to go with for my sleeves, I'm only thinking...

When does the next Dog Might Kickstarter begin!!!!!!

Oh just wait till you see what we have planned for the next one!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

I say YES and my wallet says oh crap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindsey said:

I'm up for whatever, but as I don't play a lot of games that are dice heavy, I'm hoping for something that's more general storage or organization. But I'm not picky, I'll back whatever.

Now that I see the mention on the web for remastered dice towers, I am intrigued and excited. The traveler one is cool, but now perhaps a more permanent one that can be overrun with thematic sculpting...

I've never really been a fan of dice towers.  They look cool and everything, but I like the feel of rolling them myself rather then feeling like I'm inserting dice into machine which then spits out a result.  Same reason I refuse to use digital dice rollers on my phone.

1 minute ago, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

I've never really been a fan of dice towers.  They look cool and everything, but I like the feel of rolling them myself rather then feeling like I'm inserting dice into machine which then spits out a result.  Same reason I refuse to use digital dice rollers on my phone.

I find them useful when the game I'm playing has a large footprint. I'm not a fan of having a small space to roll into or risk knocking over components of the game, or being so close to the end of a table that the dice are likely to roll off the table.

It usually comes in handy for me when I play Zombicide Black Plague. Space becomes a premium, and too many other things to knock around.

I'm generally in the same boat as Author, and really prefer dice trays for that. I still like dice to stay centralized and not fall off the table, but actually rolling feels better than dropping them into a tower.

That being said, I would definitely get one of the travel ones because going to game nights at a friends house, or especially a local store, it really helps keep dice close at hand. This is more important for me at stores or cafes, because I don't like when dice hit models, markers, roll into another game if you're sharing table space, or roll off the table and scatter across the room who knows where. And being able to have it close up nice and small and slip it in a bag is a nice commodity. Another little thing that I won't use it for much would be game demos at Cons or special events, where table space is minimal and keeping your stuff in a tiny area is paramount.

• Like 3

I used to feel similarly but since using them, and for the right game, I love them. For RPGs, I will always "hand roll". Like sushi. 

Thanks for all the input everyone. Please, keep it coming. We have our prototype close but are making some design changes and are open to all ideas right now.

Not sure if it would work, but maybe an option for it to be a portable rolling tray? I have no idea if it's like the old design, but the old 3 piece model looks like it could possibly be cut in a way that the 2 small pieces can be taken off and magnetized to the ends of the long piece to make a little rolling area about the size of the one on the CoCo?

Could be a good option for those who prefer to roll instead of use a tower, and still be the same design, just with a rectangular cutout instead of the slants and pillar for the tower.

• Like 1