tgpumpkin

Happy Thanksgiving

Oh Great Pumpkin. I beg forgiveness for eating a pie today made of your kindred.  I was forced to eat it. My sister labored for hours in the kitchen preparing a huge meal. If I did not eat the pie, she would be disappointed that her hard work was for nothing. So to support her, I ate a piece. Now I must face you, The Great Orange One. 

I promise to cherish you tasty...friendly kindred. I shall keep you seeds safe, not toasting them. I will avoid pumpkin cheesecake, ice cream, fraps, cakes, and pies. I shall be pumpkin friendly.

• Haha 2

Happy Thanksgiving 2018!  Don't eat so much turkey you're too tired to play a game after dinner. 🦃🦃🦃

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Happy Thanksgiving 2018!  Don't eat so much turkey you're too tired to play a game after dinner. 🦃🦃🦃

We are going to make Bloody Marys and play the Legend of the 5 Rings RPG, which is fantastic. Then eat way too much. I am really looking forward to a day off during this crazy time of year.

• Like 3

Twerkey cake in Minnesota quickly sells out.

image.png.5ac313ec1eb5135dbb7912c6cb457303.png

But owner says cake offends sex industry workers.  Only in America!

We will be eating turkey,  ham, and pumpkin pie  👿

And playing board games. Just donn't know which ones yet.

Today we'll be driving.  Day with her Dad, about 2 hrs away. 

We work tomorrow.  We normally work it, though I saved some vacation time for it this year then traded it away so we could go to PAX-U next weekend.  So, tomorrow morning I'll hit some BF sales when I get up at 4 or 5.  Quiet day at work, come home and drink some glorious distilled amber from Kentucky.  Then this weekend we'll be cutting wood and continuing our Shadows of Brimstone campaign.

I was joking last night that in my entire life, I've never seen the entirety of the Macy's parade.  For as far back as I can remember, I'd turn it on at 9, and then load up the car at 9:30 to go to Grandma's (and now her Dad's). 

"One year... just one year... I'm going to sit on my own couch, drink coffee, and watch the whole thing."
"Is it really that cool?"
"Oh heck no, it's terrible. Awkwardly overdone with a long list of celebrities we probably don't know and lip synch'd production numbers.  I'd probably get bored.  But that's not the point!  For 40+ years, I've only watched the first 15 minutes of it and then had to go find my shoes.  And Al Roker is supercool."

She rolled her eyes at me and changed the topic. :)

PS:  The parade is on as I type. Time to go find my shoes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoxe said:

Today we'll be driving.  Day with her Dad, about 2 hrs away. 

We work tomorrow.  We normally work it, though I saved some vacation time for it this year then traded it away so we could go to PAX-U next weekend.  So, tomorrow morning I'll hit some BF sales when I get up at 4 or 5.  Quiet day at work, come home and drink some glorious distilled amber from Kentucky.  Then this weekend we'll be cutting wood and continuing our Shadows of Brimstone campaign.

I was joking last night that in my entire life, I've never seen the entirety of the Macy's parade.  For as far back as I can remember, I'd turn it on at 9, and then load up the car at 9:30 to go to Grandma's (and now her Dad's). 

"One year... just one year... I'm going to sit on my own couch, drink coffee, and watch the whole thing."
"Is it really that cool?"
"Oh heck no, it's terrible. Awkwardly overdone with a long list of celebrities we probably don't know and lip synch'd production numbers.  I'd probably get bored.  But that's not the point!  For 40+ years, I've only watched the first 15 minutes of it and then had to go find my shoes.  And Al Roker is supercool."

She rolled her eyes at me and changed the topic. :)

PS:  The parade is on as I type. Time to go find my shoes.

The recorder is your friend.  🦃

Growing up in Detroit and my mom being a parade lover, we'd get up early and get the dinner going at the crack of dawn, then drive downtown for the parade.  Then when we got back, it was about time for the Lions game start.  Since nothing was supposed to interrupt the game, we got dinner ready for halftime.  Then the women would clean up, take a walk, and play cards, while the men would stick their hand inside their waist bands and watch the rest of the game and fall asleep.

• Like 2

I was sick for the last three days. The worst was on Thanksgiving. I spent pretty much the whole day sleeping. It was not till today that I even got to eat some of the Thanksgiving food. Thank goodness for leftovers. I am at last feeling better....but now Romycat is sick....

• Sad 3

My husband spent the whole week sick, and is still coughing. I am doing my best not to catch it. I already had a round of this myself several weeks ago but my immune system likes to take breaks frequently.

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I was sick for the last three days. The worst was on Thanksgiving. I spent pretty much the whole day sleeping. It was not till today that I even got to eat some of the Thanksgiving food. Thank goodness for leftovers. I am at last feeling better....but now Romycat is sick....

I feel much better only having a sore lower back.

21 hours ago, WxCougar said:

My husband spent the whole week sick, and is still coughing. I am doing my best not to catch it. I already had a round of this myself several weeks ago but my immune system likes to take breaks frequently.

Same with my boyfriend! Restocking on Dayquil and nasal decongestant and chest decongestant tonight..

I feel great. I think I may have broken my toe a bit (like a hairline fracture at worst) a couple weeks ago during a very active dream which ended with me kicking the wall next to my bed as hard as I could. But, I ran on it yesterday and it felt good enough. I am definitely losing the nail soon. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Konas said:

I feel great. I think I may have broken my toe a bit (like a hairline fracture at worst) a couple weeks ago during a very active dream which ended with me kicking the wall next to my bed as hard as I could. But, I ran on it yesterday and it felt good enough. I am definitely losing the nail soon. 

The women in my family have some seriously bad karma with our feet.  About 15 years ago, I stepped on the edge of a thick rug and my foot slipped off the rug, and my sock started skating on the hardwood.  I involuntarily kicked out my other foot to try and save  myself, but instead caught my baby toe on the door molding.  I cracked it plus jammed it real good.  When I was at the chiro the next morning I was trying not to limp so he wouldn't notice it, but he did.  After he adjusted it, I thought I might throw up it hurt so bad, but within 6 hours it felt so much better.  To this day, that toe is always hotter than my other toes.  Another time I was in the shower and my ex was downstairs with headphones on.  I swung my leg up so I could rest it on the wall while I shaved it, but managed to catch the shower door handle with my pinky toe instead.  (Yes that same toe though this injury predated the other one.)  I dislocated the toe and split the skin open between the toes.  It started bleeding like crazy.  We were renting and the place had carpeting in the bathroom (uck!).  Anywho, my towel was a good 3 steps away from the shower.  Not wanting to bleed all over the rental carpeting, I'm upstairs yelling for the ex to help me, but he couldn't hear me because of the stupid headphones.  He finally heard me in between songs, and came to my rescue, but by that time it looked like the movie Psycho.  After he realized I wasn't badly hurt, all he could do was say "Wow."  I can say that I never lost a nail, but I have a permanently disfigured nail from when my evil sister dropped a frozen turkey on it.  She wanted to see me dance like in the old westerns.

• Sad 1