tgpumpkin

What’s your game of the year for 2019?

6 minutes ago, Konas said:

Yeah, Leather Mike has a habit of breaking my painted minis when we play RPGs. Always an accident but I don't think he understands the time involved. I am missing one of my favorite minis from the last time we played at the shop. And it was from a massive Warhammer 40k box and I can't get it solo.

That stinks!  Maybe something else needs to get super glued to the ceiling of the shop.

Better late than never.

What’s the game you played the most this year?

Azul for me, followed by Welcome To....

Game that surprised you the most?

Hm, many games lived up to what I expected. Perhaps a surprised gem was Ramen Fury which you can pick up at Walmart for $10. Fast, fun game which makes me hungry whenever  I play it. 

Game you regret the most not backing?

Originally Obsession from a few years ago, but it came back a few months go and I did back it this time. 

On 11/14/2019 at 9:07 AM, Konas said:

I share your love of miniature games. I haven't played DC but love Arena Rex, Guild Ball, Aristeia. Playing a game with minis that you've painted just brings the whole lifestyle together in a way that is very rewarding. Also why I love playing RPGs with minis. I know there is a huge mini wargaming community out in the world but our local scene is barren. We had one store locally but it shut down a few months ago.

So many games, so little time!  There are a ton of games that I'd love to get into for the minis, but sadly my closet of shame will only hold so much. :)

Stuff I would love to play:
- Arena Rex
- Guild Ball
- Warmahordes
- Wild West Exodus
- Gloomhaven

There is indeed an awesome feeling involved with getting a freshly painted boss on the table.  Even stuff that I painted years ago - of questionable quality - still make me smile when we set up the fight.  

I'll admit that there's a part of me that wishes I'd have never gone down the rabbit hole of painting and just played with gray plastic.  It's such a slippery slope!  I have to decide title-by-title what I'll paint.  Example:  None of my Zombicide will ever see a paintbrush.

Edited by Zoxe

6 hours ago, Zoxe said:

So many games, so little time!  There are a ton of games that I'd love to get into for the minis, but sadly my closet of shame will only hold so much. :)

Stuff I would love to play:
- Arena Rex
- Guild Ball
- Warmahordes
- Wild West Exodus
- Gloomhaven

There is indeed an awesome feeling involved with getting a freshly painted boss on the table.  Even stuff that I painted years ago - of questionable quality - still make me smile when we set up the fight.  

I'll admit that there's a part of me that wishes I'd have never gone down the rabbit hole of painting and just played with gray plastic.  It's such a slippery slope!  I have to decide title-by-title what I'll paint.  Example:  None of my Zombicide will ever see a paintbrush.

Sound choice.  I painted Massive Darkness first.  Then Village Attacks, though I've got the expansion(s) coming smh.  Now it's Grimm Forest and my War in Christmas Village figures.  The only deviation is "the evil toy" from Rise of Moloch.  I'm almost done with him.  I thought he'd go well with the War in Christmas Village sets.