tgpumpkin

What’s your game of the year for 2019?

See title.  Game of the year (that came out this year) now that we’re about done.

mines been Wingspan.  It’s hit the table the most and has had the highest votes to play it again.  It’s fresh...tight....and the components are fantastic.

what’s the game you played the most this year?

Arkham Horror card game... as recommended by @Konas.  Easily has hit the table the most and has gotten the family involved.  My daughter likes to play mood music from her phone each time we play it.

game that surprised you the most?

Wasteland express Delivery Service.  What a great game.  Toughest thing was the unpacking and set up but after that it’s not that difficult to understand and play.  A lot going on but a lot of fun.

game you regret the most not backing?

Middara,  I just got an invite too to back it again. Just can’t drop 200 bucks right now.  Sigh.

Game of the year.

8.jpg.f92772d701576217f2c1fceca3bb6650.jpg

21.thumb.jpg.cb7a9b5780adc9de643f9c88bd251388.jpg

13.jpg.8bd6cfb1dd49d3e29eec0d9c107a9d7f.jpg

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Game of the year: Nemesis, and by a HUGE margin.

I wanted to try that game.  

7 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Game of the year.

8.jpg.f92772d701576217f2c1fceca3bb6650.jpg

21.thumb.jpg.cb7a9b5780adc9de643f9c88bd251388.jpg

13.jpg.8bd6cfb1dd49d3e29eec0d9c107a9d7f.jpg

giphy.gif

I was intrigued by sorcerer as well.

Just now, tgpumpkin said:

I was intrigued by sorcerer as well.

New Kickstarter is coming soon, adding more stuff and a solo mode :) 

74165521_2480464348898415_3789161882451968000_o.thumb.jpg.3593d5c52ab1c58d63ef2553965ba3ab.jpg

The Kickstarter will include:

💀 Two new Character packs, two new Lineage packs, and two new Domain packs (one of each is Kickstarter Exclusive)
💀 Endbringer: A solo and co-op expansion for Sorcerer!
💀 Awesome Kickstarter Exclusive Stretch Goals

I still haven't played Escape Plan yet.  I need to find a good play thru.  Lisboa was like that too.  Once you played the game a few times, the rule book made sense.  Before that, not so much.

Lockup was actually pretty good.  Still seems dumb to have a "Roll Player" game with no dice though.

1 minute ago, Serge Darveau said:

New Kickstarter is coming soon, adding more stuff and a solo mode :) 

74165521_2480464348898415_3789161882451968000_o.thumb.jpg.3593d5c52ab1c58d63ef2553965ba3ab.jpg

The Kickstarter will include:

💀 Two new Character packs, two new Lineage packs, and two new Domain packs (one of each is Kickstarter Exclusive)
💀 Endbringer: A solo and co-op expansion for Sorcerer!
💀 Awesome Kickstarter Exclusive Stretch Goals

Lol that’s kind of a creepy looking ad if I’m to be honest 

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

I still haven't played Escape Plan yet.  I need to find a good play thru.  Lisboa was like that too.  Once you played the game a few times, the rule book made sense.  Before that, not so much.

Lockup was actually pretty good.  Still seems dumb to have a "Roll Player" game with no dice though.

I want to try escape plan as well.  Looks like his most accessible game.  I have on mars coming soon as my first vital game along with Gallerist.

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Trogdor has been fun too.  For a short game, it has some long legs.

Homestead runner is a classic from my college days.  I appreciate their sense of humor.

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

Those pics sure scream “family friendly” ;) 

Some of us either don't have family or have family that makes our thoughts turn to violence.  Consider yourself blessed brother.

2 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

See title.  Game of the year (that came out this year) now that we’re about done.

mines been Wingspan.  It’s hit the table the most and has had the highest votes to play it again.  It’s fresh...tight....and the components are fantastic.

Arkham Horror card game... as recommended by @Konas.  Easily has hit the table the most and has gotten the family involved.  My daughter likes to play mood music from her phone each time we play it.

Wasteland express Delivery Service.  What a great game.  Toughest thing was the unpacking and set up but after that it’s not that difficult to understand and play.  A lot going on but a lot of fun.

Middara,  I just got an invite too to back it again. Just can’t drop 200 bucks right now.  Sigh.

We play mood music too! Usually 1920s jazz or big band. It gets really creepy.

My game of the year is Aristeia with Monsterpocalypse a close second. I think those both came out last year though......

Game I played most this year....probably the L5R RPG which is AWESOME.

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Some of us either don't have family or have family that makes our thoughts turn to violence.  Consider yourself blessed brother.

Through all the sass know that you're always by redhearted sister @Barb Bliss...never forget that.

Alright everyone, I need your suggestions! I haven't played many table games, so give me a list of ones to check out :) 

My vote for Game of the Year is currently Cantankerous Cats, courtesy of Barb, or Scrabble 😋

Just now, Anne said:

Alright everyone, I need your suggestions! I haven't played many table games, so give me a list of ones to check out :) 

7 Wonders Duel is a great 2 player game that is easy to get into.

The Hand of the King is a gateway game.

You should checkout Onitama from the DMG game library and play it with Don Johnson.

Game of the Year - hmm..

If I have to go full game - I'm thinking Wingspan even though I've only gotten to play it once.  I definitely want to play it again!

This probably also takes the "Biggest Surprise" and "Most regret not backing" awards from me too.

Another option for GotY for me would be the Through the Ages expansion (New Leaders and Wonders).

The 'box' form is not out yet, I really am enjoying the digital version.. and the physical version is due out this month.

Game I've played most this year - That's easy - Gloomhaven.

14 minutes ago, Anne said:

What do you like?  Thematic?  Light weight?  Strategic?  Shorter duration or immersive?

21 minutes ago, Konas said:

7 Wonders Duel is a great 2 player game that is easy to get into.

The Hand of the King is a gateway game.

You should checkout Onitama from the DMG game library and play it with Don Johnson.

I'll go do that today! If he doesn't play it with me, I'll have you fire him again. 

9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

What do you like?  Thematic?  Light weight?  Strategic?  Shorter duration or immersive?

I'm big on strategy games! And immersive ones. :) 

30 minutes ago, Anne said:

@Anne It's hard to know without knowing where you are at in the boardgaming experience spectrum.  Knowing themes you like and general interests would help :) .  

I could list several gateway games to start/try if you're more into lighter gaming fare or are relatively new to the hobby.

So....let's start with what kinds of games do you currently like? :) 

7 minutes ago, Anne said:

I'll go do that today! If he doesn't play it with me, I'll have you fire him again. 

I'm big on strategy games! And immersive ones. :) 

sorry I just saw this.  I'm always going to recommend Scythe (as I'm sure @Konas will as well).  If you ever play Scythe against @Konas, your best career move will be to play as Polania.  Definitely has a good amount of strategy to it.

Have you played co-ops with your boyfriend?