Sign in to follow this  
Anne

Gmail help....

So. Gmail does a super stupid thing. It categorizes emails by forums, promotions, social, etc. How does this effect literally all of you? When emails go there instead of directly to my inbox, I don't see them right away. And that means your emails get lost in gmail's stupid categories for all eternity. 

I figured out how to get them to show up in my regular inbox, but I want the categories to be GONE. AND NEVER COME BACK. AND STOP TAKING MY EMAILS. FOREVER. 

Anyone who can successfully help me will get a hand written thank you card from my personal stationary collection. I put stickers on all of the cards I send and everything. 

Please help, Dog Might Fans, you're my only hope. Google has failed me. 

Image result for you're my only hope

I know there is a setting somewhere because mine doesn't categorize. But it must be on the computer since I don't see the option in settings on my phone...

I'm not sure which of these you want @Anne - but it is part of their Labeling system.

So you can either turn off specific categories from the Settings-> Labels page

image.png.716e9b98304f7ca2df0e85cf6c26d2f5.png

Or from the Configure Inbox option under the "settings gear" you can turn on/off the different pages entirely.

image.png.5b8a6b3eea5d62a1182f3c2a93c46c15.png

Hopefully one of these will help you get what you want.

41 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I'm not sure which of these you want @Anne - but it is part of their Labeling system.

So you can either turn off specific categories from the Settings-> Labels page

image.png.716e9b98304f7ca2df0e85cf6c26d2f5.png

Or from the Configure Inbox option under the "settings gear" you can turn on/off the different pages entirely.

image.png.5b8a6b3eea5d62a1182f3c2a93c46c15.png

Hopefully one of these will help you get what you want.

My hero!!! I think that solved the problem!!! I'll wait until I come in tomorrow morning just to be sure, but as of right now there's a greeting card with your name on it... :) I've got some special post cards too. Off the top of my head I have... 

• Pantone color swatches
  • French Impressionists
  • Yoga Cats
  • My Neighbor Totoro
  • Team America World Police (I think???) 
  • French educational poster cards (diagrams of flowers and bones and whatnot) 
  • and a bunch of random other ones

Let me know if you'd like one of those in particular :) 

7 minutes ago, Anne said:

My hero!!! I think that solved the problem!!! I'll wait until I come in tomorrow morning just to be sure, but as of right now there's a greeting card with your name on it... :) I've got some special post cards too. Off the top of my head I have... 

• Pantone color swatches
  • French Impressionists
  • Yoga Cats
  • My Neighbor Totoro
  • Team America World Police (I think???) 
  • French educational poster cards (diagrams of flowers and bones and whatnot) 
  • and a bunch of random other ones

Let me know if you'd like one of those in particular :) 

Cool.  I'd ask for either Totoro (as an anime fan) or the Pantone (because of my technical theatre background)

For what it's worth, I adore the right click --> mark me as spam.  When used correctly, the categories are very helpful.  e.g. Put all that linked in stuff off to the side.

20 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Cool.  I'd ask for either Totoro (as an anime fan) or the Pantone (because of my technical theatre background)

My hero!!! My inbox is fixed!!!! Mostly! But it's fixed enough :) I'll get a card out your way this week! 

2 hours ago, Anne said:

My hero!!! My inbox is fixed!!!! Mostly! But it's fixed enough :) I'll get a card out your way this week! 

Glad to have been able to help.

On 10/22/2019 at 10:18 AM, Thomas Browne said:

Glad to have been able to help.

Your card should be there by Wednesday at the latest :) Dropped it in the mail when I got home yesterday! 

It was so weird, though... It almost looked like there was another card stuck to it, but that can't be the case because I only wrote one! 

2 hours ago, Anne said:

Your card should be there by Wednesday at the latest :) Dropped it in the mail when I got home yesterday! 

It was so weird, though... It almost looked like there was another card stuck to it, but that can't be the case because I only wrote one! 

Again - I was just happy to help.  Thanks @Anne

3 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Just wanted to let you know that I got both postcards last night @Anne.

Thank you - and thank @Sawdust for me :D

Glad I was able to help

Hehe, glad you liked them! I'll give Sawdust some extra special pets from you :)