Sign in to follow this  
Barb Bliss

Bucket List Items Achieved...

OK, it's not like visiting Bora Bora, but it's been on my list for a while.  My crazy sister got a big slab of marble for a wedding gift when I was 16-ish.  She liked to bake, but bottom line, it was too heavy to be practical for her.  About 6 years later (give or take several years), she was going to toss it, and I told her I'd take it.  I had grand schemes to get it built into a counter top or table or something, but that never happened.  I moved this heavy marble slab about 10 times before I settled into my house.  Everytime I go to pull out blender or mixer or cookie sheet, I would look at it and vow I would use that 🤬 slab of marble before I die.  Friday, someone tried to help me change my RO water filters (unsuccessful smh), which meant everything under my sink had to come out.  All that junk (how I ended up with 6 bottles of lemon oil, I'll never know) ended up on my kitchen counter.  Friday night, I figured drinking a cocktail and watching a recorded show sounded better than putting all that stuff under the sink. 

The next day, I thought I was going to Neil's house for him to show me how he makes pizza sauce and dough.  I got over there and he tells me we're doing it at my house.  smh.  So I managed to get enough space cleared for making/mixing the dough, but we needed to kneed it too.  Hey, I have this massively heavy slab of marble we can use!  Check that off the to do list.

#checkedBucketListItem

Edited by Barb Bliss

On my bucket list was going to a Yankees game, but I didn't really think it would happen. A few years ago when I was living in Connecticut a friend of mine called and said her boss could not make the Yankees game that night and offered it to anyone in the office. She knew I wanted to go, so got a hold of the tickets. I could never have imagined when I woke up that morning I would end up at the game that night. It was amazing, and of course they won.

1 hour ago, Zenithsplendor said:

On my bucket list was going to a Yankees game, but I didn't really think it would happen. A few years ago when I was living in Connecticut a friend of mine called and said her boss could not make the Yankees game that night and offered it to anyone in the office. She knew I wanted to go, so got a hold of the tickets. I could never have imagined when I woke up that morning I would end up at the game that night. It was amazing, and of course they won.

I bet you learned some new vocabulary while at that game.

Not my bucket list item, but a Minnesota Gopher (football), Casey O'Brien's, bucket list item.  Casey has suffered through 3 bouts with cancer, 17 surgeries, multiple courses of chemotherapy.  He had to have a rod put into his leg so he could continue to walk.  Last Saturday, he came into the Illinois game as a holder on some extra point and FG tries.  His first appearance in a B1G football game.  The players and the coach were very emotional when he came into the game and successfully put down the ball for the first kick.