• Announcements

Zenithsplendor

Favorite Dogmight Product

5 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

On a side note, I finally decided to pull the trigger on the Burled Patagonia Rosewood piece, but didn't see anywhere to put in a promo code...

I was waffling back and forth (complete with syrup) between that and the Ziricote one with the sapwood, but I think the wife will be happy with my selection.

I approve of your choice.

56 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Ok - I wondered, but I've seen some 'streaky' tamarind before so wasn't sure.

Also the actual Tamarind Sheath is actually listed under the dragon trays

Good catch. We will fix. Yes, this was mislabeled as well. Looks like @Zoe was moving too fast once again....

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

Good catch. We will fix. Yes, this was mislabeled as well. Looks like @Zoe was moving too fast once again....

Whack the mole?

14 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

On a side note, I finally decided to pull the trigger on the Burled Patagonia Rosewood piece, but didn't see anywhere to put in a promo code...

Ahh, I figured it out a bit too late. It would help to maybe read the whole message about promo codes...  You enter the promo code on the dogmight website (all the way down at the bottom), which then updates the pricing on the page to include the discount, THEN you click the add to cart button to go to the payment. I'm too used to everywhere else where the promo code is entered on the payment page somewhere, so I figured it would be the same here. Probably has to do with the fact that DMG is using PayPal right now rather than their own payment processor (which coincidentally, I might know a guy if you guys are interested in getting better pricing than PayPal)

16 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

I was waffling back and forth (complete with syrup) between that and the Ziricote one with the sapwood, but I think the wife will be happy with my selection.

I don't know if I should thank you for removing the temptation.. or curse you for grabbing it before I did!

• Haha 1

As it usually goes, I said to myself "well if it's still there when I get back from lunch, I guess I'll buy it." and sure enough, it was still there

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ian Coyle said:

As it usually goes, I said to myself "well if it's still there when I get back from lunch, I guess I'll buy it." and sure enough, it was still there

I've bought a lot of stuff over the years using that logic.

Having found out a video game I loved and spent a lot of money on will be shutting down and giving refunds on the same day I got the Dog Might Survey? Might be telling me to get that Bubinga Adventure Case. We'll see how much money I get.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, HarenM said:

Having found out a video game I loved and spent a lot of money on will be shutting down and giving refunds on the same day I got the Dog Might Survey? Might be telling me to get that Bubinga Adventure Case. We'll see how much money I get.

Oh no what video game? 

• Like 1

Paragon, a 3rd Person MOBA game. It was good and fun, but it's shutting down at the end of April.

• Like 2

Ok, the Adventure Case will have to wait... new Kickstarter demands my money in return for Bubinga awesomeness!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HarenM said:

Ok, the Adventure Case will have to wait... new Kickstarter demands my money in return for Bubinga awesomeness!

Be careful Haren.. that is how they hook you in.  "Look at the pretty over here.. wouldn't this go well with the LAST one you bought?"

Speaking from personal experience here :D

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Be careful Haren.. that is how they hook you in.  "Look at the pretty over here.. wouldn't this go well with the LAST one you bought?"

Speaking from personal experience here :D

They usually just harass me in messages about my low-balling on the initial pledge. I almost always end up at least doubling my pledge in the pledge manager though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

They usually just harass me in messages about my low-balling on the initial pledge. I almost always end up at least doubling my pledge in the pledge manager though.

I think I have yet to back a DMG Kickstarter where I haven't done EXACTLY that same thing.

MAYBE the first dice chest KS.. but that's about it.

I justify it in that it allows me to split the cost and then it's easier to visualize. Seeing a $500 balance in my cart (or pledge) is much harder to swallow than seeing $250 in the cart, (already charged the other $250 when the campaign closed).  Plus it's easier to disguise a few relatively small charges vs one LARGE one.

3 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

I justify it in that it allows me to split the cost and then it's easier to visualize. Seeing a $500 balance in my cart (or pledge) is much harder to swallow than seeing $250 in the cart, (already charged the other $250 when the campaign closed).  Plus it's easier to disguise a few relatively small charges vs one LARGE one.

For me it's more that I'm often talking with DMG about custom sculpts and such, and asking for suggestions/recommendations on woods and such.

So I don't make my decision during the campaign as a whole.

After going all in on KD:M - putting $$ into a KS is rarely an issue.

Although part of me wants to get the gaming weekend at DMG SOOOOOOO badly.

I admit - part of me just wants to get in the shop and maybe help make my own GM System for it :)

5 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

02.thumb.jpg.78bd3826269bc11a31a3e25fe4431aee.jpg

Haha I thought it would be to your liking! And was I mistaken or correct, @Serge Darveau?  It fits the color palet of your star realms mat quite nicely, I’d say.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Haha I thought it would be to your liking! And was I mistaken or correct, @Serge Darveau?  It fits the color palet of your star realms mat quite nicely, I’d say.

And with my 4 pack fiery CoCo (red, sapphire, purple and green) and my rainbow Dice Tower. :) 

@Thomas Browne.. I'm sorry (I'm not sorry)! ..To quote a popular song. ;)

@HarenM Does this mean you're getting a GM System in Bubinga?! I need to start keeping score in the great Bubinga vs Chechen war.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zoe said:

@HarenM Does this mean you're getting a GM System in Bubinga?! I need to start keeping score in the great Bubinga vs Chechen war.

@ZoeI think Bubinga is winning so far!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoe said:

1 hour ago, LuckyIke said:

@ZoeI think Bubinga is winning so far!

Oooh -that's a tough one for me.  I like them both.