Sign in to follow this  
RomyCat

Your Shelf of Shame

What are the games you own but never played? What reasons are they collecting dust?  Share your shame and progress.

Posted (edited)

My Shelf of Shame

• Black Sonata--not made time
  • Book of Dragons--not made time
  • Dungeon Roll--forgot we even own this one as my sister keeps it in her room
  • Empires of the Void--sit down and started the directions, got distracted, and never came back to them
  • Magic the Gather: Area of Planewalker--read the rules but couldn't get my sister interested to play
  • Magic the Gathering: Shadow Over Innistaard--read the rules but couldn't get my sister interested to play
  • Monopoly Mario Kart--not made time. I did read the rules.
  • My Village--read the rules, not made time
  • Notre Dame--really, really planning to play this one soon. Just got to take time to read the rules soon.
  • Shadowloard--read the rules so long ago, I forgot what they said. This is an OLD game I picked up at a salvation store for cheap
  • Skulk Hollow--just arrived last week. Will play soon
  • Skull Tales--just arrived this month. But I've heard that the rules  have a lot of grammar errors. Maybe wait for the corrected pdf before playing.
  • Star Wards Destiny--picked up for $5. Played someone's copy at a gaming meet-up. Plan to actually read the rules someday and play my own copy.
  • Twilight Imperium (4th edition)--Brought this one at half price. Read the rules. Sooooooo want to play. Hard to get others to agree to this 5 hour epic.

Expansions:

• Escape Room: Funland--waiting for the perfect time
  • Escape Room: Murder Mystery--waiting for the perfect time
  • Expedition: Horror--not made time
  • Mice & Mystic: Downwoods Tales--waiting until I finish painting the minis
  • Mice & Mystic Heart of Gloom-waiting until I finish painting the minis
  • Time Story: Marcy Case--waiting for the perfect time
Edited by RomyCat

Received too much games last winter, about 30, still receiving some... most of my unplayed game are for group or big one. Still have about 20 of my shame. Made some boards with 11 shame written on it as a remind me lol. (also one of my 5 late KS deliveries: Ember will be ship this week and my CoCo probably really soon :) ) 727389853_shameks.jpg.f3a2d4a4dbf9b19d00167f15fc134142.jpg

I love your signs. Great motivator to perhaps actually play. Writing my list made me realize there was a lot more  unplayed games in my house than I realized. I'm making it my goal to get at least some of these played soon.

Posted (edited)

This is a non-scientific, partial list off the top of my head.

• Many (many-many) Shadows of Brimstone expansions, including all of the KS2 content - Pending assembly and paint.
  • All Legacy expansions for Kingdom Death - Pending assembly and paint.

These first two took a back seat when I started down the path of Dropfleet Commander. Now that I have a reasonable amount of ships painted and ready to play DFC at events, I plan to turn my attention to these.

• Founders of Gloomhaven - Kinda got caught up in the GH hype and backed it without looking.
  • ROOT - Awesome looking, but hoping the AI opponents in KS2 makes it a better 2p game
  • VAST - The Mysterious Manor - In line behind ROOT
  • Zombicide Invader - Just arrived recently

Edit:  I waffled on including Gloomhaven here or not.  I love the game, but to be honest we've only had it out once and played 2 play sessions before packing it up again.  I do feel shame about it (haha) so I'll edit and confess my sins. :)

Edited by Zoxe

4 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

I love your signs. Great motivator to perhaps actually play. Writing my list made me realize there was a lot more  unplayed games in my house than I realized. I'm making it my goal to get at least some of these played soon.

May be I'm waiting my CoCo to play some games, Founders has a lot of small parts. :) 

4 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

This is a non-scientific, partial list off the top of my head.

• Many (many-many) Shadows of Brimstone expansions, including all of the KS2 content - Pending assembly and paint.
  • All Legacy expansions for Kingdom Death - Pending assembly and paint.

These first two took a back seat when I started down the path of Dropfleet Commander. Now that I have a reasonable amount of ships painted and ready to play DFC at events, I plan to turn my attention to these.

• Founders of Gloomhaven - Kinda got caught up in the GH hype and backed it without looking.
  • ROOT - Awesome looking, but hoping the AI opponents in KS2 makes it a better 2p game
  • VAST - The Mysterious Manor - In line behind ROOT
  • Zombicide Invader - Just arrived recently

I've wanted to play Root, but was concerned about how it would play at 2 players, so I never bought it. I'm hoping  Skulk Hollow, which is designed for two players, will fill that itch. I do own Founders of Gloomhaven. Overall I like it, but when you build Tier 3 buildings, it can be difficult to figure out who supposed to get the split points for it. Even my sister, who is good at math, struggles with trying to figure out how many points each player earns. 

Disclaimers: Played a lot of Massive Darkness, Legends Untold: Weeping Caves, and Nemesis, so those are taking up opportunities to play a new one.  And I don't have an easy one other person to just play a game with.

• Legends Untold: Great Sewers - Currently playing weeping caves so this may not count?
  • Cosmic Run
  • Fire in the Library
  • Expansions for Chronicals of Crime - need the right people to play CoC, and we currently suck at it
  • Expedition Luxor
  • Escape Plan - A lot to learn
  • Glyph - rules are a mess and no play through videos except one that is so poor, I get car sick trying to watch it
  • Village Attacks - finishing up the mini painting - will be follow on to Massive Darkness when we "complete" that
  • 7th Continent - trying to line up a group
  • Gorus Maximus
  • Gloomhaven - trying to line up a group
  • Charterstone - trying to line up a group
  • Blood Rage - disclaimer: played Jaemus' copy
  • Vindication - just got it
  • Euphoria expansion
  • Cerebria - need the right people and a lot to learn
  • Constellations
  • Abandon Planet
  • Unbroken
  • Atmar's Cardography
  • The Carrier
  • Mint Delivery - saving to send in a soldier care package before Christmas
  • Photosynthesis
  • Werewolf Coins
  • Martians: A Story of Civilization - rule book is a disaster
  • Vindication - just got it

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I've wanted to play Root, but was concerned about how it would play at 2 players, so I never bought it. I'm hoping  Skulk Hollow, which is designed for two players, will fill that itch. I do own Founders of Gloomhaven. Overall I like it, but when you build Tier 3 buildings, it can be difficult to figure out who supposed to get the split points for it. Even my sister, who is good at math, struggles with trying to figure out how many points each player earns. 

I need to sit down and just read the FoGH rulebook and get my head around it.  It looks cool, and I meant to stop by Isaac's booth at Gencon for a demo/tutorial, but Gencon got away from me and we didn't go back downtown on Sunday.  

There are a few things that I didn't list because although I've never played, I feel like I got my enjoyment out of them.  I own several RPG rulebooks and addons (Pathfinder, Starfinder, Dresden Files RPG, Fantasy Trip, etc.).  I just like reading RPG rulebooks; someday we might even find a group that can play at hours that fit our schedule.

Yeah, I didn't mention be D&D Essentials Kit I recently bought. Its hard for my sister and I to talk her daughter and  friends into playing. So the campaign my sister started during the summer has not gotten very far.

I read that the Essentials Kit actually allows 2 players to role-player. One as DM and the other control one main character and a sidekick. I need to dig into the material and start a campaign for just my sister and me. I did like the dice and material that came with it. Even has a DM screen--not nearly as cool as what DMG makes, but it contains lots of quick, helpful facts. And the kit is not expensive. 

47 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Yeah, I didn't mention be D&D Essentials Kit I recently bought. Its hard for my sister and I to talk her daughter and  friends into playing. So the campaign my sister started during the summer has not gotten very far.

I read that the Essentials Kit actually allows 2 players to role-player. One as DM and the other control one main character and a sidekick. I need to dig into the material and start a campaign for just my sister and me. I did like the dice and material that came with it. Even has a DM screen--not nearly as cool as what DMG makes, but it contains lots of quick, helpful facts. And the kit is not expensive. 

Perhaps you could take over the Saphire Stag.

5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Perhaps you could take over the Saphire Stag.

Ah, I remember that. We had a fun start, then there were no more posts. I will consider that.

Man I have no games of shame but I also only have a few real gamer games so these lists are making me rather jealous of you all.

1 hour ago, marsniper_27 said:

Man I have no games of shame but I also only have a few real gamer games so these lists are making me rather jealous of you all.

In hindsight, I'd rather retire a year sooner.  🙄

14 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

In hindsight, I'd rather retire a year sooner.  🙄

Ya some of you guys are crazy... Lol 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

Ya some of you guys are crazy... Lol 

I beg to differ!  We're ALL crazy!

And just remember - Sanity is just a state of mind.

Edited by Thomas Browne