Barb Bliss

Kick-ass movie quotes

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?" - Martin Q. Blank; Grosse Point Blank

9 minutes ago, HarenM said:

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?" - Martin Q. Blank; Grosse Point Blank

Awesome.  And guess what!  I grew up in Grosse Pointe Farms.  The only parts of the movie that are actually Grosse Pointe is the drive in at the beginning of the movie and the drive out at the end of the movie.  If you know what to look for, you can see my high school and family church at the final pan out.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Awesome.  And guess what!  I grew up in Grosse Pointe Farms.  The only parts of the movie that are actually Grosse Pointe is the drive in at the beginning of the movie and the drive out at the end of the movie.  If you know what to look for, you can see my high school and family church at the final pan out.

Wow, that's awesome! I just was thinking of movies with a good one person quote, and that one came to me.

Just now, HarenM said:

Wow, that's awesome! I just was thinking of movies with a good one person quote, and that one came to me.

Other fun fact.  The girlfriend's house: when you see the outside, there is a "Higby Maxim" realty sign.  That actually is the Higby house.  I went to school with Faye Higby.

That addams family values is a gold mine for quotes:

• Woe to the republic
  • He has my father's eyes.  Gomez take them out of his mouth.
  • He's a real lady killer.  Acquitted!

Mr. Furious: [talking about Carmine the Bowler] Seems there was a little controversy there regarding your father's death.

The Bowler: Yes, the police said he fell down an elevator shaft. Onto some bullets.

• Like 1

One of my favorite films, The Man Who Would Be King, is absolutely stuffed with great lines. The film features Sean Connery and Michael Caine in their primes swapping jokes and getting up to some most excellent mischief. 

- Peachy Carnehan to Rudyard Kipling: “The same - and not the same, who sat besides you in the first class carriage, on the train to Marwar Junction, three summers and a thousand years ago.”

- Daniel Dravot: “Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men.”

- Peachy Carnehan: “Danny's only a man. But he can break wind at both ends simultaneous - which is more, I reckon, than any god can do.”

• Like 3

"Since I am innocent of this crime, sir, I find it decidedly inconvenient that the gun was never found."

"You know the funny thing is, on the outside I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook."

"Lord! It's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind."

I happen to like Shawshank Redemption just a little bit. xD

• Like 2

What we have here is a failure to communicate.  -- cool hand luke

Do you hear that sound?  That's the sound of inevitability.  -- agent in the matrix.

Does it sound like I'm trying to order a pizza  -- I now have a machine gun.  Ho Ho Ho  -- John; Die hard

My favorite scene from my favorite movie...Dumb and Dumber

Lloyd: What the hell are we doing here, Harry? We’ve gotta get out of this town!
Harry: Oh yeah, and go where? Where are we gonna go?
Lloyd: I’ll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like salmon of Capistrano. I’m talking about a little place called Aspen.
the Harry: Oh, I don’t know, Lloyd. The French are assholes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

"What are you going to do?  Bleed on me?  -- King Arthur in The Holy Grail

"One, two, five! - three sir."

This is also how I count when I put my daughter into her car seat.

• Like 1

"What am I supposed to say, Dale? "Oh hidy ho officer! We've had a doozy of a day. There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house when kids started killing themselves all over my property."  - Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Incidentally a highly underrated flick

13th warrior

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: [given a Viking sword] I cannot lift this.

Herger the Joyous: Grow stronger.

Skeld the Superstitious: [Ahmad Ibn Fahdlan shows off his new scimitar, whittled down from a Viking sword; Skeld shrugs] He insisted.

Weath the Musician: Give an Arab a sword, he makes a knife.

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: [cuts through a thick wooden pole in one chop] It works.

[He tosses it into the air, twirls it around, then holds the blade to Weath's neck]

Weath the Musician: When you die, can I give that to my daughter?

[laughter]

"Do you mind not shooting at the Nuclear Weapons!" ~John Travolta in Broken Arrow

"Put the bunny back in the box."  Fight breaks out which ends with the villain stabbed through heart. Hero says, "Why couldn't you put the bunny back into the box?"  ~ Nicholas Cage in Conair

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 3

Guardians of the Galaxy:
Peter Quill: What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both?
Gamora: We'll follow your lead, Star-Lord.
Peter Quill: A bit of both!

• Like 1

I watched one of my favorite "Christmas movies" last night.  "Pocket Full of Miracles".  What an awesome movie if you haven't seen it.  Betty Davis, Glen Ford, Peter Falk, the guy that didn't the voice overs for Fractured Fairy Tails on the Bullwinkle and Rocky cartoons.  And a slew of other great actors.

"She's like a cockroach that turned into a butterfly."  --  Joy Boy

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I watched one of my favorite "Christmas movies" last night.  "Pocket Full of Miracles".  What an awesome movie if you haven't seen it.  Betty Davis, Glen Ford, Peter Falk, the guy that didn't the voice overs for Fractured Fairy Tails on the Bullwinkle and Rocky cartoons.  And a slew of other great actors.

"She's like a cockroach that turned into a butterfly."  --  Joy Boy

That was Junior.  Joy Boy: "The boss is kissing the apple, but me, I'm kissing the iron door."