Pictures of DMG products at home.

5 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

Years ago I was on a big project:  hardware, software, pneumatics, all to be deployed in a harsh environment.  Millions in development, millions more for test, and had it not been canceled it would have been a billion dollar program spanning several decades.

Getting ready for our first big design review, we had to do a formal audit to assess our overall readiness against the formal requirements docs.  Thousands of lines in excel.  We had to go through each line one by one until we had a plan for each one.  It became obvious that we needed to group similar content, so we started adding extra columns and categories to filter.  One of these became a catch all that we named "Things that Suck."  When you've been staring at the same excel sheet for 3 weeks straight, stuff like that is hilarious.

Except, we forgot to Find-Replace it out and sent it to the multi-corporate international team that was contracted for the work.  Live on a telecon, their highly paid, high power Chief Engineer started the conversation with, "Ok, let's start with Things that Suck." 

And then he giggled.

I have to be careful sharing my screen cause it has things like bookmark folders named "Process Crap".

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first Dog Might purchase in this week, a gorgeous bubinga and wenge sentinel!  It's absolutely everything I hoped it would be, plus it fits 100% perfectly in the Kingdom Death: Monster box.  Th

They have arrived!

So, Mike and I were just discussing how amazing this community is and how honored we are to have such amazing fans. We wanted to do something to show our appreciation. So, we are going to give all of

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I have to be careful sharing my screen cause it has things like bookmark folders named "Process Crap".

I have to be careful to pick the right screen to share myself, because 8 out of 10 times my other screen has one or more team chats up where at least one will be something along the line of "this is a waste of my time"...and spirals downwards from there.

37 minutes ago, Evilboy666 said:

I have to be careful to pick the right screen to share myself, because 8 out of 10 times my other screen has one or more team chats up where at least one will be something along the line of "this is a waste of my time"...and spirals downwards from there.

True that!  Not sure how familiar you are with Dilbert.  The team was sitting around the table when the pointy haired boss says "I'd like to talk about quality."  Dilbert thinks "Is this going to be a flash in the pan or is it going to linger like the stench of a dead woodchuck under the front porch steps."  The pointy haired boss says "I'd like to create a quality circle."  Everyone around the table thought "Woodchuck!".  It's amazing how many chat windows pop up in an online meeting with the text Woodchuck in it.

On 2/7/2020 at 5:27 PM, Barb Bliss said:

True that!  Not sure how familiar you are with Dilbert.  The team was sitting around the table when the pointy haired boss says "I'd like to talk about quality."  Dilbert thinks "Is this going to be a flash in the pan or is it going to linger like the stench of a dead woodchuck under the front porch steps."  The pointy haired boss says "I'd like to create a quality circle."  Everyone around the table thought "Woodchuck!".  It's amazing how many chat windows pop up in an online meeting with the text Woodchuck in it.

I love Dilbert!  And yet some times it strikes just a little too close to home, doesn't it?

I think I've posted it before - but I love the "Dilbert Law of Salary" - God if that isn't true!

2 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I love Dilbert!  And yet some times it strikes just a little too close to home, doesn't it?

I think I've posted it before - but I love the "Dilbert Law of Salary" - God if that isn't true!

I had to take a break from Dilbert for a while, as it was too true, it was depressing.

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

I get that - like I said, sometimes it's too close to the mark.

After their "merger", Catbert is told that humor can diffuse stress.  Guy comes into HR.  "Knock, knock".  "Who's there?" "Not you anymore".  Then spring loaded floor flings the guy out the window.  Catbert turn turns to the pointy haired boss.  You're right.  That was much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

I may have bought the last dragon tray made by DMG and it's heading to my house.  That and a player pad and a couple of mini painters.  Why does time drag when you have a package in route?  And seeing pictures of Cyrus makes me really miss my kitties, darn it.  Fish are cool and all, but they are jerks and not into cuddling.  On the plus side my fish "Mrs. Fisher's sister has gone from nickle size to half dollar size.  @Zoe, I think of you every time I watch her swimming around.

133FD21F-FEDC-48DE-B2A3-B3F9EBF3988F.thumb.JPG.6ef38caaad3fd370dbf385bcb40f19bb.JPG

Snagged up this beautiful Black Limba Looking Glass from in stock the other day! My partner and I call Black Limba "Boo Limba" because it looks just like Miss Boo's fur. 

My best friend did the beautiful art of Miss Boo for me. Gave this to my boyfriend yesterday evening so that he won't miss the kitties too much while he's away for work. I didn't have time to get him one to match Calliope, our calico, but I'll mail that to him when I get it. :) 

Here's a photo of the original art, because she is SO TALENTED. 

E1F3073F-69A7-414F-8E4A-189A15B4CC3C.thumb.png.b4df3d11e625bf62bb21c29c53c13dfd.png

Edit: he also feels VERY STRONGLY that no one but us gets our kitty engravings. 😅

Aieeee! A FLOOF kitty!!! And so pretty!

We rescued two kittens last spring from our vet...because we clearly needed more (cats are like potato chips, etc. etc.)...one of them is a little tabby boy (I have a soft spot for tabby cats) and his brother is a floofy cat with a HUUUGE tail...also a tabby, but he looks like someone took his brother and puffed hard on a paw to make him floooof out. 😄

He is starting to look a lot like a Maine Coon..except probably half the weight. LOL.

42 minutes ago, Evilboy666 said:

Aieeee! A FLOOF kitty!!! And so pretty!

We rescued two kittens last spring from our vet...because we clearly needed more (cats are like potato chips, etc. etc.)...one of them is a little tabby boy (I have a soft spot for tabby cats) and his brother is a floofy cat with a HUUUGE tail...also a tabby, but he looks like someone took his brother and puffed hard on a paw to make him floooof out. 😄

He is starting to look a lot like a Maine Coon..except probably half the weight. LOL.

God I love kitties so much 😭😭

3 hours ago, Anne said:

133FD21F-FEDC-48DE-B2A3-B3F9EBF3988F.thumb.JPG.6ef38caaad3fd370dbf385bcb40f19bb.JPG

Snagged up this beautiful Black Limba Looking Glass from in stock the other day! My partner and I call Black Limba "Boo Limba" because it looks just like Miss Boo's fur. 

My best friend did the beautiful art of Miss Boo for me. Gave this to my boyfriend yesterday evening so that he won't miss the kitties too much while he's away for work. I didn't have time to get him one to match Calliope, our calico, but I'll mail that to him when I get it. :) 

Here's a photo of the original art, because she is SO TALENTED. 

E1F3073F-69A7-414F-8E4A-189A15B4CC3C.thumb.png.b4df3d11e625bf62bb21c29c53c13dfd.png

Edit: he also feels VERY STRONGLY that no one but us gets our kitty engravings. 😅

What a beautiful drawing and it turned out awesome on the LG!

The mini painters are a LOT more chunky than what I was expecting.  A huge upgrade from my old pill bottles full of coins.  Look at the size difference from what I had been using.  Oof da!  p.s. My weiner dog mage agrees...

image.png.29a2f7afd43339e5391921dd01507bc9.png

The bases are super nice.  I think the ziri base is too good for my painting table.  I can be a slob when painting and drinking gin.  I'm thinking it would be a nice mini display stand.  I'm definitely a fan of the birds and flowers, but I'm digging (yes, I'm that old that I say digging) the other two.

image.thumb.png.fc1e8963891e1d4a556f166cab2de496.png

3 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

When I got this I didn't realize that it would be the last dragon tray to grace the stock page.  Makes it that much more special.  It's super chunky.  The top of the skulls to the table is close to 2".

image.png.a63484bbb9d6d5655220126082e4e1ea.png

image.png.badfd2de63cf44b67759e13c6ecf855b.png

Damn, it's even more beautiful than I thought!

12 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

The mini painters are a LOT more chunky than what I was expecting.  A huge upgrade from my old pill bottles full of coins.  Look at the size difference from what I had been using.  Oof da!  p.s. My weiner dog mage agrees...

image.png.29a2f7afd43339e5391921dd01507bc9.png

The bases are super nice.  I think the ziri base is too good for my painting table.  I can be a slob when painting and drinking gin.  I'm thinking it would be a nice mini display stand.  I'm definitely a fan of the birds and flowers, but I'm digging (yes, I'm that old that I say digging) the other two.

image.thumb.png.fc1e8963891e1d4a556f166cab2de496.png

Use the base! It should wipe clean pretty easily. Glad you like the holders. Let me know how you like them in use.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:56 PM, WxCougar said:

20200220_152729.thumb.jpg.f82af817d154d106f8dfa5337710ffab.jpg

Our collection. My husband's brother-in-law made the base. He used the deer as a sample and gave it to us because he thought it was funny.

That's awesome! They look great!

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

I've been working overtime lately, so that's been sucking up my painting time.

Oh so you didn't get the 'handle' for the hobby holder?  I did on the next campaign, and that makes it a lot easier to use I think.

It ends up being very like the DMG version at that point I think - which is one reason I haven't picked up any of the DMG ones (that and as I've stated - watching money until medical bills are known/cleared)

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

Oh so you didn't get the 'handle' for the hobby holder?  I did on the next campaign, and that makes it a lot easier to use I think.

It ends up being very like the DMG version at that point I think - which is one reason I haven't picked up any of the DMG ones (that and as I've stated - watching money until medical bills are known/cleared)

I got the wider handle on the follow on.  And the wash pot holder.  That was money well spent.  I haven't dump a wash pot since.

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I got the wider handle on the follow on.  And the wash pot holder.  That was money well spent.  I haven't dump a wash pot since.

Ok yeah - I have that handle too.

Didn't do the wash pot.. but haven't had an issue with what I use as it is (yet)