Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

4 minutes ago, Evilboy666 said:

Clearly the both of you need to drink more water!.

@Konas is just flush with excitement over his latest hit.

OMG. I didn't think I could feel more regret...but now I do. 😁

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

OMG. I didn't think I could feel more regret...but now I do. 😁

Feeling a little bowled over?  😘

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Feeling a little bowled over?  😘

Urine way over your head on this one.

Just now, Evilboy666 said:

Clearly his ire is starting to leak through!

I'm becoming quite fond of you.  I would still like to see a picture of your player pad when you have time.  And clearly @Konas has been pampered his entire life!

5 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm becoming quite fond of you.  I would still like to see a picture of your player pad when you have time.  And clearly @Konas has been pampered his entire life!

Pampered....nice.

I guess it 'depends' how you look at it......🤣

Just now, Konas said:

Pampered....nice.

I guess it 'depends' how you look at it......🤣

Poop!  That was going to be my next pun.  Perhaps I need some huggies...

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Poop!  That was going to be my next pun.  Perhaps I need some huggies...

I guess you could say it was my number 2.

(p.s. I sort of feel sorry for the next new user who just wanted to step in here to post some fresh new DMG product pics...)

Edited by Evilboy666

2 minutes ago, Evilboy666 said:

(p.s. I sort of feel sorry for the next new user who just wanted to step in here to post some fresh new DMG product pics...)

Get some pics posted, and this will all go down the drain.  Not technically at home, but my new favorite DMG purchase.

image.png.befc8549f1a4d5c052b2913b6843b3d9.png

image.png.53cbfd71d3f2a7b2e2677ba589a1a209.png

12 hours ago, Konas said:

We've been messing around with this in the shop with good success. We've been using acrylic paint. Pushing it in to the etching and wiping off the top while it is still wet. It has been working well although isn't as consistent as we would like to offer it. And it takes a good amount of time. 

Hope that helps!

Good to know! I saw a tutorial online about using acrylic paint with a laser etching, but I wasn't sure if there were any differences between their etching and this one that would prevent it from working, but if you all have had some success (even if it is time consuming) then it sounds like it's worth trying.

As for what my uh... PP... looks like, I'll try and get a good picture of it when I get home tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to add some in-progress pictures of the screen soon too!

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Malhavoc430 said:

As for what my uh... PP... looks like, I'll try and get a good picture of it when I get home tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to add some in-progress pictures of the screen soon too!

The Pads kind of lost the acronym lottery, didn't they?   😛  

On 2/4/2020 at 7:33 AM, Barb Bliss said:

Get some pics posted, and this will all go down the drain.  Not technically at home, but my new favorite DMG purchase.

image.png.befc8549f1a4d5c052b2913b6843b3d9.png

image.png.53cbfd71d3f2a7b2e2677ba589a1a209.png

I feel like this post should be in Klingon...What a gorgeous piece!  

10 minutes ago, EdInSeattle said:

I feel like this post should be in Klingon...What a gorgeous piece!  

image.png.fd67b0e04c9f5106fe4c91bb7196f0f6.png

3 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Now that makes we want to see a Bat'leth!

Crap.  Now I'm going to have to google that.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:13 PM, Malhavoc430 said:

I list and label all of our stock, and I have been running into the same acronym issue. Fortunately, I'm the only one who sees them, so I can revel in my own brief immaturity. 

My absolute favorite are the bottle stoppers, though! They're abbreviated as "BS". 😋

4 hours ago, Anne said:

I list and label all of our stock, and I have been running into the same acronym issue. Fortunately, I'm the only one who sees them, so I can revel in my own brief immaturity. 

My absolute favorite are the bottle stoppers, though! They're abbreviated as "BS". 😋

I write software.  Sometimes you can be immature in subtle ways.  For example, we need to look for something in 1 of several possible mainframes.  I had a variable called "tryThisMF"

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I write software.  Sometimes you can be immature in subtle ways.  For example, we need to look for something in 1 of several possible mainframes.  I had a variable called "tryThisMF"

Years ago I was on a big project:  hardware, software, pneumatics, all to be deployed in a harsh environment.  Millions in development, millions more for test, and had it not been canceled it would have been a billion dollar program spanning several decades.

Getting ready for our first big design review, we had to do a formal audit to assess our overall readiness against the formal requirements docs.  Thousands of lines in excel.  We had to go through each line one by one until we had a plan for each one.  It became obvious that we needed to group similar content, so we started adding extra columns and categories to filter.  One of these became a catch all that we named "Things that Suck."  When you've been staring at the same excel sheet for 3 weeks straight, stuff like that is hilarious.

Except, we forgot to Find-Replace it out and sent it to the multi-corporate international team that was contracted for the work.  Live on a telecon, their highly paid, high power Chief Engineer started the conversation with, "Ok, let's start with Things that Suck." 

And then he giggled.