Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

My first item was a sapphire Adventure Case, purchased at Gen Con.  I almost picked up a Dragon Tray at the same time, I recall, but I had already spent a bunch of money that weekend, and so restrained myself--for once.  😛 

Very cool hearing about the first thing you got from us. Here's today's question...how did you hear of DMG? Just curious, really. 

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

Very cool hearing about the first thing you got from us. Here's today's question...how did you hear of DMG? Just curious, really. 

Searching for projects in Michigan.

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Searching for projects in Michigan.

Interesting. I check out KS that way on occasion. Didn't know if others did as well.

4 minutes ago, Konas said:

Interesting. I check out KS that way on occasion. Didn't know if others did as well.

When I was at the portion of the latest management chaos, I couldn't actually work on anything for like a year.  I used KS to keep from falling asleep.  It's blocked now, of course.

I wanted a wood dice carrying thingy and did a Google search for companies that did so. Dogmight was one that came up and I loved the sculpts on the dragon sheath.

2 hours ago, Konas said:

I was quite the Kickstarter addict, always roamed the games section. Saw the CoCos and liked the concept. I’ve made it a mission to try and meet any of the company’s I’ve supported on KS at GenCon, love meeting the people behind awesome product/ideas. After meeting y’all, I went to your site and got an Adventure Case custom made for my hubby. 

My special Dragon Sheath at home :) it holds my favorite set of dice! Right now it lives on my desk so that I can see it when I'm doing my video games, because it makes me so happy. I like opening and closing it when I'm bored because it makes a satisfying sound! 

IMG_6599.thumb.jpg.a9838c97cc0fda55db3c83c45bcf2867.jpg

3 hours ago, Konas said:

Believe it or not, from someone in my World of Warcraft guild! And now I work here :) 

5 minutes ago, Anne said:

My special Dragon Sheath at home :) it holds my favorite set of dice! Right now it lives on my desk so that I can see it when I'm doing my video games, because it makes me so happy. I like opening and closing it when I'm bored because it makes a satisfying sound! 

IMG_6599.thumb.jpg.a9838c97cc0fda55db3c83c45bcf2867.jpg

Believe it or not, from someone in my World of Warcraft guild! And now I work here :) 

I can't quite tell - what's the engraving you have on it?

2 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I can't quite tell - what's the engraving you have on it?

It's the Valentine's Day Sawdust engraving - so cute! 

1549993340_IMG_4927.JPG

2 minutes ago, Anne said:

1549993340_IMG_4927.JPG

It is - but can @Sawdust be anything else?

But seeing this reminds me again - hey @Konas -- COLORING BOOK! :D

10 minutes ago, Anne said:

1549993340_IMG_4927.JPG

Oh I loved this one : ). The Sawdust illustrations that have been coming through are so adorable : ).

20 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

He really can't! This morning I saw him looking out the window watching the snow, and it was just precious. Also, I'd be so down for a Sawdust themed coloring book. I'd color all the pages and plaster them all over my office. 🥰

11 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

Oh I loved this one : ). The Sawdust illustrations that have been coming through are so adorable : ).

They're just too sweet! I'll have to build a collection of them all 😊

25 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Good work! I will see if I can get Leather Mike to put together a PDF. He is useless today though. His 2 year old was up all night.

4 hours ago, Konas said:

Heh, I first heard of you at that same Gencon I bought the AC!

1 minute ago, EdInSeattle said:

Heh, I first heard of you at that same Gencon I bought the AC!

Was there a symbol on your AC?

1 minute ago, EdInSeattle said:

Nope, just untouched sapphire flame birch!

Okay. I wanted to see if I could remember that AC. Sometimes I can even after years. Especially when I used to finish every product we made, including yours.

34 minutes ago, Konas said:

Good work! I will see if I can get Leather Mike to put together a PDF. He is useless today though. His 2 year old was up all night.

Sign me up! 

1 hour ago, Konas said:

Okay. I wanted to see if I could remember that AC. Sometimes I can even after years. Especially when I used to finish every product we made, including yours.

Please note that @Konas just says he 'remembers' these things.

What he's not saying is how often those memories are 'nightmares' that haunt him :D

4 hours ago, Konas said:

Ha, I'd have been surprised if you could--it's very beautiful, but also very "every day" compared to some of your technically challenging pieces!  Although I bet assembling the top halves of the ACs can be a PITA...

Wow, the bottle stoppers are even nicer in person than on the site--what a surprise.  ;) 

(I was right, BTW--the griffin is a handsome boy!)

BottleTops.jpg

Edited by EdInSeattle

8 hours ago, Konas said:

I don't remember the timing. We either found you at Gencon, or saw the CoCo campaign on KS. I've mentioned else where, but there was a time when KS was part of my nightly Hang out scene, so I'm guessing it was the latter.

19 minutes ago, EdInSeattle said:

Wow, the bottle stoppers are even nicer in person than on the site--what a surprise.  ;) 

(I was right, BTW--the griffin is a handsome boy!)

BottleTops.jpg

I love my griffon.  And yours is quite a fine specimen also. Love the bottle too!

19 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

I love my griffon.  And yours is quite a fine specimen also. Love the bottle too!

Thanks!  I want to be one of those people who keeps all their booze in cool bottles like that.