Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

5 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

LIKE A RHINESTONE COWBOY!!!  I miss Glen Campbell already

I love the line, "Where hustle's the name of the game
And nice guys get washed away like the snow and the rain". Pretty cryptic for a Rhinestone Cowboy.

1 minute ago, Ian Coyle said:

While you're at it, how about changing the PM settings so we can have more than one at a time?

What do you mean, exactly?

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I remember the polish vodka more than the beer.  I don't recall any freaky clothes though.  Sawdust did have a "Sawdust" dog tag.

Ah yes, Polish Vodka. Warms my heart just to read those words. Sawdust has a tag with "Sawdust" on it but he has a few collars. Some with no name. Pre CoCo KS.

If I already have a PM going with you, I cannot start one with Lindsey. I'm not sure if it allows you to receive more than one at a time though. You can test it out though, I have an open thread with Lindsey from the Countdown playtest. I cannot send a PM to you while that thread exists, but I'm not sure what would happen if you sent one to me.

All this talk of songs reminded me of my observation of the first tiles of Gloomhaven.  One of the guys laid hands on himself to heal some damage.  He started half humming/singing "when I think about you, I touch myself".  I started singing "I don't need any body else..." and the entire table broke out singing the song.  Gotta love the 90's

2 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

If I already have a PM going with you, I cannot start one with Lindsey. I'm not sure if it allows you to receive more than one at a time though. You can test it out though, I have an open thread with Lindsey from the Countdown playtest. I cannot send a PM to you while that thread exists, but I'm not sure what would happen if you sent one to me.

Gotcha. I will look into it.

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

All this talk of songs reminded me of my observation of the first tiles of Gloomhaven.  One of the guys laid hands on himself to heal some damage.  He started half humming/singing "when I think about you, I touch myself".  I started singing "I don't need any body else..." and the entire table broke out singing the song.  Gotta love the 90's

It is a long standing Konas tradition to scream/sing "It's the ace of spades" by Motorhead when playing that card in Euchre.

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

My wife does an amazing Karaoke version of this song, in the style of Cartman from Southpark. One of my gaming groups loves to play what we call "Suicide Karaoke". Everyone puts 3-5 songs on slips of paper and throws them in a bucket. Then each person goes up, draws two random slips and must sing one of them. My wife does a perfect impression of Cartman and is often called upon to sing like him instead of her normal voice (not that her normal voice is bad, she did attend college on a vocal scholarship after all).

4 minutes ago, Konas said:

It is a long standing Konas tradition to scream/sing "It's the ace of spades" by Motorhead when playing that card in Euchre.

While playing Euchre, my evil sister and I used to have a tradition of sitting in the same orientation as the bathtub.  When we would win (we would win at least 75% of the time) we would credit the tub.  Then use it to pester the other players about in the next game.  Note: your ability to win increases as you steal the deal, which we were very good at doing (opponents drinking aids in this).

Edited by Barb Bliss

3 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

My wife does an amazing Karaoke version of this song, in the style of Cartman from Southpark. One of my gaming groups loves to play what we call "Suicide Karaoke". Everyone puts 3-5 songs on slips of paper and throws them in a bucket. Then each person goes up, draws two random slips and must sing one of them. My wife does a perfect impression of Cartman and is often called upon to sing like him instead of her normal voice (not that her normal voice is bad, she did attend college on a vocal scholarship after all).

That's fantastic. You should have two buckets. One for songs and the other for voices. Pick one from each. Draw and sing "November Rain" by Guns and Roses in the voice of Edith Bunker.

My best buddy Phil used to be amazing at voices and at Karaoke he would do a perfect rendition of Julio and Willie singing "To All the Girls I've Loved Before". Both voices. Perfectly.

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

While playing Euchre, my evil sister and I used to have a tradition of sitting in the same orientation as the bathtub.  When we would win (we would win at least 75% of the time) we would credit the tub.  Then use it to pester the other players about in the next game.  Note: your ability to win increases as you steal the deal, which we were very good at doing (opponents drinking aids in this).

Stealing the deal is an art. And it is always legal.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

That's fantastic. You should have two buckets. One for songs and the other for voices. Pick one from each. Draw and sing "November Rain" by Guns and Roses in the voice of Edith Bunker.

My best buddy Phil used to be amazing at voices and at Karaoke he would do a perfect rendition of Julio and Willie singing "To All the Girls I've Loved Before". Both voices. Perfectly.

Nobody wants to hear me sing.  Drew is excellent at singing and voices though.

All righty, here is a little teaser vid for you. We will put up a page on our site tomorrow, if all goes well. We are calling it the Dog Might GM System. The screen is detachable and includes an initiative tracker and 2 pieces of Plexi for notes. The whole system also holds 4 slimline Dragon Sheaths. The screen comes off easily so you can move it around the table. It is also amazingly stable. And it all closes up into one portable package. More details tomorrow. Love to hear your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOy3x94G3a4

3 minutes ago, Konas said:

All righty, here is a little teaser vid for you. We will put up a page on our site tomorrow, if all goes well. We are calling it the Dog Might GM System. The screen is detachable and includes an initiative tracker and 2 pieces of Plexi for notes. The whole system also holds 4 slimline Dragon Sheaths. The screen comes off easily so you can move it around the table. It is also amazingly stable. And it all closes up into one portable package. More details tomorrow. Love to hear your thoughts.

Ooooh!! So fancy!

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

I'm not really an RPG guy, but if I was I would be very interested in this.

8 minutes ago, Konas said:

That's a good idea, we should try adding that wrinkle. All of us are big theater nerds, so we did do "One Day More" from Les Mis with each of us singing different roles one time. That was fun.

7 minutes ago, Konas said:

That looks pretty awesome. Ticks most of the boxes that I would want in a GM Screen, including those I mentioned in my survey.

2 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

That's a good idea, we should try adding that wrinkle. All of us are big theater nerds, so we did do "One Day More" from Les Mis with each of us singing different roles one time. That was fun.

Lindsey and I just went to Les Mis a few months ago. Oh, and thanks. I will now be singing "One Day More" for the next 5 days.

That looks pretty awesome. Ticks most of the boxes that I would want in a GM Screen, including those I mentioned in my survey.

Yours was the only response I read.

Just kidding @Barb Bliss and @Serge Darveau and the rest.

9 minutes ago, Konas said:

I thought pretty much the same thing.  Definitely seems to hit a bunch of the ideas I said in the survey too.

Like Adam, I don't get to play RPGs much so don't know if I'd be interested in it really (and was never a good GM) - but definitely cool looking. 

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Lindsey and I just went to Les Mis a few months ago. Oh, and thanks. I will now be singing "One Day More" for the next 5 days.

haha. We just went and saw Book of Mormon this past weekend. It was a very awesome show!

4 minutes ago, Konas said:

Could be worse.  You could have the songs from Oklahoma running through your head.  "I'm just a girl that can't say no..."

Just now, Ian Coyle said:

haha. We just went and saw Book of Mormon this past weekend. It was a very awesome show!

Yeah, that is on our list. We saw "The Evil Dead" last year. It was AMAZING! I never stopped laughing.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Could be worse.  You could have the songs from Oklahoma running through your head.  "I'm just a girl that can't say no..."

Or Music Man. P is for Pool is brutal.

Just now, Konas said:

Or Music Man. P is for Pool is brutal.

You can talk.  You can talk. You can bicker bicker talk. You can talk talk talk talk bicker bicker talk.  You can talk all you want, but it's different than it was.  No it ain't.  No it ain't.  But you got to know the territory.