Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

13 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Loving the selective stains!

20190328_170512.jpg

20190328_170023.jpg

20190328_170026.jpg

20190328_170032.jpg

Nice pics! Thanks for posting. I think it turned out beautifully.

Wow..what a nice piece.  How do you guys stain without getting messy?  Do you guys use small brushes on the edges first?  I love that shade of blue...very nice.

9 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Wow..what a nice piece.  How do you guys stain without getting messy?  Do you guys use small brushes on the edges first?  I love that shade of blue...very nice.

Scott does some amazing detail work using both brushes and these special pens that are kind of like brushes themselves. I believe he does the background color first, and then would do the blue over that, in this particular case!

And then the highlights are done by scuffing and a lighter re-application.

40 minutes ago, yatescory said:

We use a variety of techniques. Back when I was the only one staining I went at it with reckless abandon. Dipping and getting the tint everywhere. Years of painting made me not care about stained clothes. I still have a few shirts that are completely hardened in the front lower half because the poly would get on them and dry repeatedly. Cameron's garage floor also paid a hefty price for those days. My apprentices are much more careful.

16 minutes ago, Konas said:

@Serge Darveau Someone should be getting a shipping notice for CoCos soon....

It's really cool and don't ship with UPS, I won't be able to pay to fees of 300$...

Should always use USPS for Canadian and you will get more sales over the frontier. :) 

2 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

It's really cool and don't ship with UPS, I won't be able to pay to fees of 300$...

Should always use USPS for Canadian and you will get more sales over the frontier. :) 

I will go grab it.

5 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Wait, my fault. It was another Canadian Serge. Not you. Sorry about the tease.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Wait, my fault. It was another Canadian Serge. Not you. Sorry about the tease.

Alright, by the way, mine is coming soon, a few weeks. :) 

58 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Frickin' Trump.  He's why I have to pay $5.50 for a bag of mulch I used to be able to get for $2.50.

Guess who just got a shipping notice for a Femur Bone D20 die?  One of my moles says it's the first die of this kind being done.  Don't know if I should be happy or worried about that.

Just now, WxCougar said:

Nice!

The ones on the project page didn't  have the gnarly bone marrow.  Not sure if it's really cool with it in there or kind of icky.  LOL

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Down to 4 shields and up to 380 contest entries.  Not bad for no email tickler.

Yeah, I know. Pretty exciting.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Yeah, I know. Pretty exciting.

Tickler. Hah. 

Here's my new baby. I will get some better photos when I get home, I'm just so excited. Chechen & Cherry. Jeremy did a fancy bit cut for me on the sides. Opted out on the engraving because it has that natural occlusion in the top already (light even shines through it - I love it). The patterning on this Chechen is so stunning. I COULD WEEP. Got some starry night vibes over here.

55865022_1219428168206805_1296143034542456832_n.jpg

56608827_2291966091041171_8201269897439739904_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Here's my new baby. I will get some better photos when I get home, I'm just so excited. Chechen & Cherry. Jeremy did a fancy bit cut for me on the sides. Opted out on the engraving because it has that natural occlusion in the top already (light even shines through it - I love it). The patterning on this Chechen is so stunning. I COULD WEEP. Got some starry night vibes over here.

55865022_1219428168206805_1296143034542456832_n.jpg

56608827_2291966091041171_8201269897439739904_n.jpg

That is gorgeous!  Love the beveling.

Repurposing my Pumpkin dice box.  Note: the steampunk dice have my brother's name on them, but he has to visit me to get them...

image.png.4947cc2e334bbfa844964ef93c4a70d1.png

On 4/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, Barb Bliss said:

Repurposing my Pumpkin dice box.  Note: the steampunk dice have my brother's name on them, but he has to visit me to get them...

image.png.4947cc2e334bbfa844964ef93c4a70d1.png

Man you must have a serious collection of carving knives because you’re carving an awfully big hole in my heart here. ;)