Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

It's beautiful.  I really like the rose.

Yeah - I think @Konas is probably tired of seeing the rose!

They should be experts at it though by now - they see it enough from me :D

They probably don't even tag the pieces with the rose any more - they just do the "Oh yeah - that's for HIM <sigh>"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

And I get that.. but this piece will always be special for me - as this was the replacement for the first piece of DMG gear I ever got.  From their Dice Chest kickstarter.

The piece that started the addiction :D

IMG_20171220_181019744.thumb.jpg.868e795

And so much better than the original.

52 minutes ago, Konas said:

And so much better than the original.

And while I enjoy the original - I have to agree.  You can really see the way your quality and skill improved in the years between the two.

My latest Dog Might order came in today!  I'm super happy with everything, and DMG did a great job straightening out the top cut on the black walnut sentinel.  Even in person I can't tell it was ever uneven.  They don't seem super popular, but I for one really like the beveling and framing effects DMG has been doing lately.  They add a touch of class without obscuring the grain.

So here's my new KDM loadout.  The card stand was made by my friend/KDM partner who dabbles in woodworking (he's going to stain and finish it later to match my dining table), and the gear grids and token holder are from Giant Turtle Creations on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiantTurtleCreations) who has great quality 3D printed stuff, though they're certainly not Zoxe's jaw-dropping BoRo grids.   Plus everything fits inside the box when closed, provided that the gear grids and showdown board are left out on the lid.

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Aurah Christian said:

My latest Dog Might order came in today!  I'm super happy with everything, and DMG did a great job straightening out the top cut on the black walnut sentinel.  Even in person I can't tell it was ever uneven.  They don't seem super popular, but I for one really like the beveling and framing effects DMG has been doing lately.  They add a touch of class without obscuring the grain.

So here's my new KDM loadout.  The card stand was made by my friend/KDM partner who dabbles in woodworking (he's going to stain and finish it later to match my dining table), and the gear grids and token holder are from Giant Turtle Creations on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiantTurtleCreations) who has great quality 3D printed stuff, though they're certainly not Zoxe's jaw-dropping BoRo grids.   Plus everything fits inside the box when closed, provided that the gear grids and showdown board are left out on the lid.

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

Nice picks!  I love the beveled edges too.  That fox logo is so neat!

1 hour ago, Aurah Christian said:

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

Those are some gourdeous pieces.  Congratulations on both your DMG gear and being an owner of KDM.  Envious of that. :) 

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

Looks great. Nice pics. Thanks so much for posting these. 

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

I was eyeballing those pieces when they were on the site (or something very similar).  I'm glad they found a good home.

Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone!  Glad you all like the pics and the fox.  :)  (And glad you like the KDM, tgpumpkin - I got lucky and landed an early bird slot on the second KDM kickstarter and have been addicted ever since, but it would probably have been too expensive for me to take the plunge without the kickstarter price).

On a side note, after using the black walnut sentinel tonight for our weekly KDM I learned that the center bevels make it much easier to open than the traditional format.  The magnets are still pretty strong, but I don't have to wrestle with it at all like I sometimes do my bubinga one or the dragon sheath, it just... opens.  If I do another custom order for a DMG product with corner magnet closure, I'll definitely strongly consider asking for bevels around the opening just for better usability.

IMG_1094.JPG

Edited by Aurah Christian
Fixed a typo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Aurah Christian said:

Thanks everyone!  Glad you all like the pics and the fox.  :)  (And glad you like the KDM, tgpumpkin - I got lucky and landed an early bird slot on the second KDM kickstarter and have been addicted ever since, but it would probably have been too expensive for me to take the plunge without the kickstarter price).

On a side note, after using the black walnut sentinel tonight for our weekly KDM I learned that the center bevels make it much easier to open than the traditional format.  The magnets are still pretty strong, but I don't have to wrestle with it at all like I sometimes do my bubinga one or the dragon sheath, it just... opens.  If I do another custom order for a DMG product with corner magnet closure, I'll definitely strongly consider asking for bevels around the opening just for better usability.

IMG_1094.JPG

Really is a nice piece and the bevels are a nice touch.

KDM is my white whale of games.  I know I’ll never be able to buy it but I hear so much about it.  Fortunately I have a backlog that distracts me from thinking about it too much 😛 .   I’m glad you’re enjoying yours :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aurah Christian said:

IMG_1094.JPG

There is a trick to it.  The first time I tried to open my skirmish box, I was glad it was empty and no one was standing near me.  It was similar to the potato chip bag explosion.  But if you shove the lid over from the side before pulling it apart, it will open easily.  Give it a try.  🦊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

There is a trick to it.  The first time I tried to open my skirmish box, I was glad it was empty and no one was standing near me.  It was similar to the potato chip bag explosion.  But if you shove the lid over from the side before pulling it apart, it will open easily.  Give it a try.  🦊

Same experience here. Once you get the trick down it helps. I don't explode dice anymore :).

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice!  :)  I usually use the shove-and-open method for my normal sentinel and it works great.  I was just surprised by how much easier the beveled opening was in comparison.

1 minute ago, Aurah Christian said:

Thanks for the advice!  :)  I usually use the shove-and-open method for my normal sentinel and it works great.  I was just surprised by how much easier the beveled opening was in comparison.

That is good to know! : )

2 hours ago, Aurah Christian said:

Glad you're on easy street now.  🦊