Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

8 hours ago, Russonc said:

Padauk, chechen, canarywood, red heart, and KS fiery green...   and they worked well for Maximum Apocalypse.. ;)

Rank them by your favorite from least...just curious.  The redheart sculpted beautifully.

Redheart did come out great and is my favorite of the group, padauk second (I like the red tones and grains look great), chechen next,  canarywood next, fiery green last but still love it (and the green carved Cthulhu is my second favorite carved piece behind the planet which looks beyond great in person).   I'm liking them all and a good mix of colors to fit any game! 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 11:29 AM, LuckyIke said:

@Russonc  They look great!  Which woods/stains did you receive?  

It looks like you really Maximized...that Apocolypse.  I’ll be seeing myself out now.

@Russonc, I used my parting gift, scrap heap benge cocos with Maximum Apocalypse yesterday too!  Great minds think alike.

So my spalted tamarind came in and while I was admiring it I thought I’d take some pictures of the koa too. The photos don’t do koa justice it’s even prettier in person.  

Though I was surprised to notice they had a little bit of a size difference! Still they are gorgeous and I love them both. 

68B6D6FB-0DE5-4024-BB14-C8B612909F57.jpeg

D0D5B41A-A97A-4385-9538-47E1EC94C2DD.jpeg

CB050F86-3F5E-4FBD-AE98-36358565FD8C.jpeg

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

So my spalted tamarind came in and while I was admiring it I thought I’d take some pictures of the koa too. The photos don’t do koa justice it’s even prettier in person.  

Though I was surprised to notice they had a little bit of a size difference! Still they are gorgeous and I love them both. 

They are both lovely, and yeah, I'm not sure - but I suspect the size difference just has to do with the size of the wood/blank that they got for the piece to begin with.

That or it might have to do with the properties of the wood.

But for instance the chechen XL I got recently is much thinner than the white ash one that I won from them.

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

They are both lovely, and yeah, I'm not sure - but I suspect the size difference just has to do with the size of the wood/blank that they got for the piece to begin with.

That or it might have to do with the properties of the wood.

But for instance the chechen XL I got recently is much thinner than the white ash one that I won from them.

Probably! I did check and the difference in size does translate to a slightly shallower interior as well, but not by much. It’s certainly not a problem as there’s still more then enough depth for dice(All that matters for me), but I am considering pulling out a game with minis and testing out if there’s a difference there for science.

Properties of the wood is definitely something to consider, I think the only thing I regret about the shiny new woods dog might brings in is that I don’t know enough about them to appreciate them like the Kickstarter/wood blog ones. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, ElysianPeace said:

68B6D6FB-0DE5-4024-BB14-C8B612909F57.jpeg

D0D5B41A-A97A-4385-9538-47E1EC94C2DD.jpeg

CB050F86-3F5E-4FBD-AE98-36358565FD8C.jpeg

Hey Elysian. Yes, it is thinner, obviously. 2 reasons why this occurs: 1) We can only get some lumber less than 1" thick. After we dress the wood, it comes in around five eighths. 2) We are using the thin design in an upcoming project....

Don't worry. There is still an eighth of an inch of wood between the interior cut and the outside. Plenty of strength for anything you can throw at it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

So pretty!  

The Purpleheart XL is nicely figured and a great value. I would keep it for myself, but the other Mike won't let me take everything I want home. this is why I can't have nice things.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Konas said:

The Purpleheart XL is nicely figured and a great value. I would keep it for myself, but the other Mike won't let me take everything I want home. this is why I can't have nice things.

Nice.. and given the image of the Monterillo XL, I think I will be very pleased with my choice of that for the custom DS.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Nice.. and given the image of the Monterillo XL, I think I will be very pleased with my choice of that for the custom DS.

Oooh! Do tell! What sculpt are you going with for it?

1 hour ago, Konas said:

Did you get my email about that skirmish box?

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Did you get my email about that skirmish box?

Ahhhh crap, I did and put it in my to do list....and haven't got back to it yet. Replying now....

Just now, Konas said:

Ahhhh crap, I did and put it in my to do list....and haven't got back to it yet. Replying now....

No rush.  You never know with the bank what makes it out or not.  I just wanted to make sure it was on the todo list.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:24 PM, ElysianPeace said:

Probably! I did check and the difference in size does translate to a slightly shallower interior as well, but not by much. It’s certainly not a problem as there’s still more then enough depth for dice(All that matters for me), but I am considering pulling out a game with minis and testing out if there’s a difference there for science.

Properties of the wood is definitely something to consider, I think the only thing I regret about the shiny new woods dog might brings in is that I don’t know enough about them to appreciate them like the Kickstarter/wood blog ones. 

I just put eyes on your Bolivian Rosewood CoCo...it is stunning!!!! The rest are almost done!!!! @Barb Bliss Yours are very close as well!!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

I just put eyes on your Bolivian Rosewood CoCo...it is stunning!!!! The rest are almost done!!!! @Barb Bliss Yours are very close as well!!!

Whoop!  Whoop!  <drop the mic>

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Oooh! Do tell! What sculpt are you going with for it?

Blanks on both side / Interior C.  I really want the piece to showcase the wood, which is why double blank sculpt.

But I already have an interior B for my mini (and now a mini DS as well) so wanted an interior with pen/pencil area - hence C.

4 hours ago, Konas said:

Hey Elysian. Yes, it is thinner, obviously. 2 reasons why this occurs: 1) We can only get some lumber less than 1" thick. After we dress the wood, it comes in around five eighths. 2) We are using the thin design in an upcoming project....

Don't worry. There is still an eighth of an inch of wood between the interior cut and the outside. Plenty of strength for anything you can throw at it.

1)Makes sense! (And Thomas did propose that might be the case) 2) Intrigue...... Always excited for shiny new things. 

To be fair it was less a sense of worry and more a moment of looking at my very different friends and realizing they had more differences then I knew. And then wanting to explore the range of what that meant. But thanks for easing any worries I might have had and capturing my attention about what might be coming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Konas said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! I’ve been quietly dying with excitement just waiting. Also timing wise you don’t realize how awesome this is. My birthday is in February so I was kind of hoping! Oh I’m going to show them off so much. And also just pet them occasionally. Damn Barb! We are almost there!!!!!!! Wooot! There will be so many pictures you guys will be sick of me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Aaaah the CoCo suspense is killing me.  I keep telling myself be patient be patient.  Don’t rush the Lumberjack artists.  I know they’re close, I can feel it!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Konas said:

Just a heads up, everyone, we are running a Valentine's Day sale for 30% off in stock items in a moment.

http://dogmight.com/stock

OK, you got me. That Purpleheart XL Dragon Sheath is MINE!

• Like 1