Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

2 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

They've actually done a few of those.  I think like three.

Ok - yes they were just little shelves for miniatures.. but still.

I'm actually getting one of those little shelves for my black limba screen that I'm not so patiently waiting on.  I forgot about the slightly picture frame-ish shelves. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm actually getting one of those little shelves for my black limba screen that I'm not so patiently waiting on.  I forgot about the slightly picture frame-ish shelves. 

I just made another of those mini shelves...quite a bit bigger than the ones we had out before. These are about 3' wide and 30" tall. Enough for a ton of minis. I'll see if I have pics of it on my phone.

17 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I have 2 of these. One on each wall.

20181016_170146.jpg

20181016_170339.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully those are higher than Sawdust tail height.  I'm torn between displaying and not wanting more to dust.

p.s. For shame @Konas.  Blue walls? ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Hopefully those are higher than Sawdust tail height.  I'm torn between displaying and not wanting more to dust.

p.s. For shame @Konas.  Blue walls? ?

It's a rental. No shame in not painting a rental. At least I took down the tree mural made of black tape that previously adorned those walls.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Konas said:

I have 2 of these. One on each wall.

20181016_170146.jpg

20181016_170339.jpg

These are a lot cooler than the white square thingies I have for our metal miniatures.  (Overflow from two different enclosed "golf ball/thimble display" units).  Small miniatures of the plastic variety live in various boxes and the bigger ones live in 3 different bookshelves.

• Like 1

Got my hubby a redheart sentinel for his bday! I managed to get some pics of it as it went through the shop too :D. I even got to do the sanding myself (my ears turn into elf ears when I wear the sanding masks P)

blanks.thumb.jpg.cfacd8b48307901962619494068f8498.jpg

cnc.thumb.jpg.3a927f687bb1a1dc6d5e346807288465.jpg

sanding.thumb.jpg.e212e0754106491489b73f161216906f.jpg

final.thumb.jpg.9ca440f703c5ccc9170e59525ff316e3.jpg

surprise.thumb.jpg.0bed1000a7aa4c576994becbf1b08f4d.jpg

He spent 30+ minutes arranging and rearranging his dice so that they looked juuuuust right :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rosie said:

Got my hubby a redheart sentinel for his bday! I managed to get some pics of it as it went through the shop too :D. I even got to do the sanding myself (my ears turn into elf ears when I wear the sanding masks P)

He spent 30+ minutes arranging and rearranging his dice so that they looked juuuuust right :D

IMG_1867.movIMG_1868.mov

;__; the videos didn't post and I can't get them to. If anyone is super interested, I have the video of it being engraved and finished on my instagram 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rosie said:

;__; the videos didn't post and I can't get them to. If anyone is super interested, I have the video of it being engraved and finished on my instagram 

Wow that is a gorgeous piece of redheart! Love the grain!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WxCougar said:

Wow that is a gorgeous piece of redheart! Love the grain!

The finish really makes the wood pop when it gets sprayed on.

• Like 1

...A fox!  That's beautiful, Rosie!  I really love the wood grain on that piece.  And the color scheme, to the surprise of no one.

Also, I'm really late on this, but your collections are amazing @RomyCat and @Jabubuck.  I really like the benge theme you have going, Jabubuck, and Romy, your valhalla screen photo is fantastic (bonus points for the cute cat)!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Aurah Christian said:

...A fox!  That's beautiful, Rosie!  I really love the wood grain on that piece.  And the color scheme, to the surprise of no one.

Also, I'm really late on this, but your collections are amazing @RomyCat and @Jabubuck.  I really like the benge theme you have going, Jabubuck, and Romy, your valhalla screen photo is fantastic (bonus points for the cute cat)!

It's worth it going back to the beginning of this thread and seeing what other people bought, though your wallet may not appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

It's worth it going back to the beginning of this thread and seeing what other people bought, though your wallet may not appreciate it.

All 64 pages?!!??!? I don't know if I have that kind of time!

Just now, Konas said:

You certainly don't.  You have to keep cracking on my skirmish box, dice tower, and antler dice!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Konas said:

If you don't read and just look at pictures it really isn't too bad :).

• Like 2

OK the screens are here.  Holy Hannah is the Black Limba screen super sexy.  Even the shelf accessory is sexy.  I'll get around to take pictures of that after I get my production release put to bed this weekend.  Some people have raised the bar putting cats in the shot and what not.  @RomyCat I'm looking at you.  So I feel a need to stage.   Until then, I'll put in some stand in emojis.

The Black Rainbow is really interesting.  Mostly the red pops through the flames at the bottom, but it looks relative black else where.  Then you move your angle to it or change the light and the rainbow colors start peeking through.  @Konas, I think you guys should use the dark rainbow on more things. 

Straight on in lower light:  ?  ?  ?

image.thumb.png.5d730377a5a154d57dd3075cf0a42611.png

Turned the light up higher: ?  ?  ?

image.thumb.png.8664dbb8f45e82d4e2e293bec7f7c002.png

From the side in the same light as the picture directly above:  ?  ?   ?

image.png.49c7697cef910d5e51984d13262627bf.png

• Like 6

On 11/7/2018 at 1:19 PM, Rosie said:

IMG_1867.movIMG_1868.mov

What a special privilege to be able to actually help make it.  Your husband looks very proud.

• Like 2

@Barb Bliss Inside joke with my gamer friends. I was in the Army, so everyone gets me stuff made out of Purple Heart wood so I wouldn’t need to win a Purple Heart medal 

Edited by Sinister Liam
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sinister Liam said:

@Barb Bliss Inside joke with my gamer friends. I was in the Army, so everyone gets me stuff made out of Purple Heart wood so I wouldn’t need to win a Purple Heart medal 

Hopefully you never got a real purple heart.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sinister Liam said:

Just got my Annie Original Black Phillip Sentinel in Purple Heart  and it’s so rad. Well done DMG on an amazing product

7BF087C1-D96B-4692-A798-E44FF6648DC5.jpeg

3563B0DD-F2FE-4C9D-91E5-00F69DF6FBF3.jpeg

5637EDA8-30F2-4D0F-9CB5-16EE6E4A7028.jpeg

I LOVE that you matched all the dice up!!! And the inside joke makes it pretty special, haha. ;) @Rosie and I showed Annie your showin' off and just made her day!! Thank you so much for sharing. It makes our artists so happy to know people love their stuff so much. :)❤️ 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 5:20 PM, Sinister Liam said:

@Zoe and @Rosie please thank her for allowing me to live deliciously as Black Phillip would say ?

Hahahaha, absolutely! She will love that!

There's a local hard cider company here that makes a fall seasonal cider called Black Phillip! It's cranberry & blood orange. Tried to get more this weekend but it was out. :(

• Sad 1

We just finished the last of our Ectoplasm Cider from Far From the Tree Cidery in Salem, MA. Its green bell peppers, jalapeños, and Kiwis. They put it out every Halloween. If you cats are ever on the North Shore in Mass, that’s the place to check out. 

• Like 1