Jump to content
Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

Recommended Posts

@88eastDaaaang that is a really attractive group you’ve got there. Lots of liveliness in the Chechen. The leopard looks really cool and the boco has some very nice character. Boro is always gorgeous. And your wenge is nice and sinister. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @RomyCat and @ElysianPeace I was a bit nervous picking them out originally because I was afraid they would only go together well in my mind but they turned out amazing. I may have set my bonebox on my bedside table last night because I didn’t want them to run away. Shhh. Don’t tell!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So yesterday we were playing a game that required us to use a candle but there was a slight draft from our ac so we found a brand new use for our coco so the ac unit didn’t blow the candle out :) 

 

024BBDCD-B461-415C-84B4-15EFDB0D2F4E.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

So yesterday we were playing a game that required us to use a candle but there was a slight draft from our ac so we found a brand new use for our coco so the ac unit didn’t blow the candle out :) 

 

024BBDCD-B461-415C-84B4-15EFDB0D2F4E.jpeg

Ooh, I know which game you were playing.  Unlike BGG, I can't do a spoiler box to say the answer. Let me try my own version.

Spoiler (in white text below this)

Charterstone

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Ooh, I know which game you were playing.  Unlike BGG, I can't do a spoiler box to say the answer. Let me try my own version.

Spoiler (in white text below this)

Charterstone

 

Absolutely correct :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bone box and hero sleeves

From left to right: bocote, ziricote, wenge, Bolivian rosewood, Chechen.

460610A6-05DB-43FF-93F4-CB55C279474F.thumb.jpeg.07fb3b9b94e35af36676f5e2a906bdd5.jpeg

The Chechen hero sleeve is the winner - it is my first piece of Chechen and just look at this beauty! The cell phone camera doesn’t capture the chatoyance.

4B052992-ABBB-4C2C-A5EB-FB0EA219A48F.thumb.jpeg.eaa0b111249b5ff0c93401a4ee143b2a.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Bone box and hero sleeves

From left to right: bocote, ziricote, wenge, Bolivian rosewood, Chechen.

460610A6-05DB-43FF-93F4-CB55C279474F.thumb.jpeg.07fb3b9b94e35af36676f5e2a906bdd5.jpeg

The Chechen hero sleeve is the winner - it is my first piece of Chechen and just look at this beauty! The cell phone camera doesn’t capture the chatoyance.

4B052992-ABBB-4C2C-A5EB-FB0EA219A48F.thumb.jpeg.eaa0b111249b5ff0c93401a4ee143b2a.jpeg

That is a gorgeous chechen. The bocote and wenge are beautiful as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

Bone box and hero sleeves

From left to right: bocote, ziricote, wenge, Bolivian rosewood, Chechen.

460610A6-05DB-43FF-93F4-CB55C279474F.thumb.jpeg.07fb3b9b94e35af36676f5e2a906bdd5.jpeg

The Chechen hero sleeve is the winner - it is my first piece of Chechen and just look at this beauty! The cell phone camera doesn’t capture the chatoyance.

4B052992-ABBB-4C2C-A5EB-FB0EA219A48F.thumb.jpeg.eaa0b111249b5ff0c93401a4ee143b2a.jpeg

That's a stunning piece of Chechen.  The Rosewood doesn't look much like Rosewood, but I bet it feels like Rosewood.  The Bocote has some real nice movement to it.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adam said:

@Barb Bliss That Chechen sleeve is amazing!

Sometimes the Chechen looks like a really pretty piece of Benge.  Sometimes it's amazing.  My coco looks like pretty Benge, but my boulder is amazing with rainbowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a lovely piece.  Never had Chechen.  It’s on my list of someday woods along with boro and a larger unique piece of wenge .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

Bone box and hero sleeves

From left to right: bocote, ziricote, wenge, Bolivian rosewood, Chechen.

460610A6-05DB-43FF-93F4-CB55C279474F.thumb.jpeg.07fb3b9b94e35af36676f5e2a906bdd5.jpeg

The Chechen hero sleeve is the winner - it is my first piece of Chechen and just look at this beauty! The cell phone camera doesn’t capture the chatoyance.

4B052992-ABBB-4C2C-A5EB-FB0EA219A48F.thumb.jpeg.eaa0b111249b5ff0c93401a4ee143b2a.jpeg

YESSSSS look at that hero sleeve. That piece is INSANE. That was hard to part with. I mean, hot diggity damn!!! I swear Chechen's sapwood is like silver thread. It looks magical.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

Bone box and hero sleeves

From left to right: bocote, ziricote, wenge, Bolivian rosewood, Chechen.

460610A6-05DB-43FF-93F4-CB55C279474F.thumb.jpeg.07fb3b9b94e35af36676f5e2a906bdd5.jpeg

The Chechen hero sleeve is the winner - it is my first piece of Chechen and just look at this beauty! The cell phone camera doesn’t capture the chatoyance.

4B052992-ABBB-4C2C-A5EB-FB0EA219A48F.thumb.jpeg.eaa0b111249b5ff0c93401a4ee143b2a.jpeg

How funny of you to post this about chechen! I was literally just outside taking pictures of my Chechen component collector and taking some video of the chatoyance on it thinking I should start a thread "Why you should choose chechen". My my component collector came I was blown away at how beautiful it looks. I've gotten so many compliments on it. Your piece is absolutely stunning and I am jealous of you again but happy for you as well.  I'll see if I can get my pictures and videos up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Sometimes the Chechen looks like a really pretty piece of Benge.  Sometimes it's amazing.  My coco looks like pretty Benge, but my boulder is amazing with rainbowing.

My sister has a Benge CoCo and she complaints a lot that it looks too close to Chechen. While playing games, the tiles often get mixed up and she tries hard to keep hers separated from the other three CoCo's we have. My Leopardwood is is to spot next to Chechn and Benge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's true. I love my coCos but they don't all look like the same kind of wood and some of them are very light in color while others are much darker (which is how I thought all of mine would be) But then I don't know that much about wood.

cocos2.thumb.jpg.8e165762e4262c2c37e3721c4cbc440d.jpgcocos4.thumb.jpg.3b9be9379e1119f3a2b12f47a1eb87f6.jpgcocos.thumb.jpg.507f6239379401eae4912abd941a8784.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

It's true. I love my coCos but they don't all look like the same kind of wood and some of them are very light in color while others are much darker (which is how I thought all of mine would be) But then I don't know that much about wood.

cocos2.thumb.jpg.8e165762e4262c2c37e3721c4cbc440d.jpgcocos4.thumb.jpg.3b9be9379e1119f3a2b12f47a1eb87f6.jpgcocos.thumb.jpg.507f6239379401eae4912abd941a8784.jpg

That's some sexy wood.  If it all looked the same, how boring would that be?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now to start showing off my fandom - as I've stated, I'm a huge fan of Jacqueline Carey's work.

So we get my engraved hero sleeves and bone box.

Sleeves from top to bottom:  Benge, Wenge, Chechen, Bocote, Bolivian Rosewood, Ziricote, Leopardwood.

20180725_185743.thumb.jpg.eb0fc5290e6696b71bc350511b0fe814.jpg

20180725_185728.thumb.jpg.b558ec608f7b0084f38af21d695e7f5a.jpg

And the bottoms

20180725_185823.thumb.jpg.f2c528822d6ad4baf16ae9460485d13b.jpg

20180725_185804.thumb.jpg.72149e5b20e530e44739f4eace184f7a.jpg

And with the metal dice sets

20180725_190631.thumb.jpg.3da3be8ae788a2fc48d9f40f1b696110.jpg20180725_190626.thumb.jpg.fad3a2f80e238b417ac2a94a6c431f4e.jpg

And finally with the bone box

20180725_190812.thumb.jpg.bc3435a7da4d448f1e8efa51ff2d560d.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lastly to complete the collection - my two dice towers - Bubinga on the left, Redheart on the right.

20180725_185836.thumb.jpg.95131e7fcbfe8fec746ceda11e748023.jpg

And again showing my love of Carey's work with my now almost trademark 'briar rose' custom work

20180725_185922.thumb.jpg.2e089b6b7ca722617be3f79ed67eb82e.jpg20180725_185917.thumb.jpg.8c5b467f9a32f89c926776e3a7c69cc0.jpg

By the way - great work on the sculpt @Konas and crew.  I'm afraid my tablet camera doesn't really do it justice.

One minor issue @Zoe and @Konas -- still seem to be issues with the magnet process.

The Bubinga dice tower has the wrong polarity to match up with the Component Collector.  The redheart is fine.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Lastly to complete the collection - my two dice towers - Bubinga on the left, Redheart on the right.

20180725_185836.thumb.jpg.95131e7fcbfe8fec746ceda11e748023.jpg

And again showing my love of Carey's work with my now almost trademark 'briar rose' custom work

20180725_185922.thumb.jpg.2e089b6b7ca722617be3f79ed67eb82e.jpg20180725_185917.thumb.jpg.8c5b467f9a32f89c926776e3a7c69cc0.jpg

By the way - great work on the sculpt @Konas and crew.  I'm afraid my tablet camera doesn't really do it justice.

One minor issue @Zoe and @Konas -- still seem to be issues with the magnet process.

The Bubinga dice tower has the wrong polarity to match up with the Component Collector.  The redheart is fine.

Looks great. Love that sculpt. Send @Zoe a note about the magnets and we will get it fixed up for you. Great pics.Thanks for the posting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×