Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

Posted (edited)

On 6/7/2018 at 11:57 PM, WxCougar said:

My chechen and wenge dragon sheath along with my metal dice from Q Workshop.

20180607_212607.jpg

20180607_215603.jpg

I had contemplated getting that sheath for quite some time.  In the end, I am glad I went with the custom order so I could get the sculpts I wanted, but that is gorgeous and I KNOW it looks better in person.  I feel like chechen really looks great in person but does't always photo the best (not that your doesn't look great because it does).  I need to get some pics up of my recent stuff too.

Edited by yatescory

45 minutes ago, yatescory said:

I had contemplated getting that sheath for quite some time.  In the end, I am glad I went with the custom order so I could get the sculpts I wanted, but that is gorgeous and I KNOW it looks better in person.  I feel like chechen really looks great in person but does't always photo the best (not that your doesn't look great because it does).  I need to get some pics up of my recent stuff too.

Everything looks better in person than a photo I believe. I really like the combination of the wenge and chechen together.

27 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

Everything looks better in person than a photo I believe. I really like the combination of the wenge and chechen together.

Yeah I can agree but some woods definitely look much better in person (chechen being one...my leopardwood and canarywood on the other hand look about the same) than in photos.  I agree the Wenge Chechen combo is awesome.  I think wenge goes great as a compliment  to a lot of the woods.

• Like 1

Black walnut stein heading out as a gift today. Was so tempting to keep it...

20180617_082119.jpg

20180617_082126.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Black walnut stein heading out as a gift today. Was so tempting to keep it...

20180617_082119.jpg

20180617_082126.jpg

What a great gift for the hubby.  If I bought a mug, it would be going to me  😼

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

What a great gift for the hubby.  If I bought a mug, it would be going to me  😼

It's for my hubby's dad so it's not even going to be in the same household.

3 hours ago, WxCougar said:

It's for my hubby's dad so it's not even going to be in the same household.

I'm sure he will love it.  Maybe you can give hints of wanting one for Mother's Day or your birthday.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Proof that my stein has gone out to the world. I may have brought it to a game night strictly to show it off. I have my camera out and I’m photographing everything for my dice and accessories insta. I don’t really have a great macro lense, but I can get it done. (I needed a photologue)the dice have nothing to do with clank they just look nice  

3583F73D-7551-4586-8358-E2B8D4D53D49.jpeg

Edited by ElysianPeace
Reason.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

Proof that my stein has gone out to the world. I may have brought it to a game night strictly to show it off. I have my camera out and I’m photographing everything for my dice and accessories insta. I don’t really have a great macro lense, but I can get it done. (I needed a photologue)the dice have nothing to do with clank they just look nice  

3583F73D-7551-4586-8358-E2B8D4D53D49.jpeg

OOOH. What are the teal ones and the purple ones?! I love them!

1 minute ago, Zoe said:

OOOH. What are the teal ones and the purple ones?! I love them!

Oh Zoe 🤣🤣🤣 Welcome to the Borealis lovers club/hunt/insanity. On DMC there’s a nigh constant ruckus over this style of dice. They are oop old glitter borealis dice. Thankfully these colors aren’t as rare as clear, aquerple, or confetti. Cheaty ways to figure out the right ones is for purple and pink they should have a green glitter to them. Teal are a deeper clearer color with kind of a dark blue glitter. Dice bins are a great way to bulk up what you find. And d6 cubes are easier to locate then poly sets. 

3 hours ago, ElysianPeace said:

Oh Zoe 🤣🤣🤣 Welcome to the Borealis lovers club/hunt/insanity. On DMC there’s a nigh constant ruckus over this style of dice. They are oop old glitter borealis dice. Thankfully these colors aren’t as rare as clear, aquerple, or confetti. Cheaty ways to figure out the right ones is for purple and pink they should have a green glitter to them. Teal are a deeper clearer color with kind of a dark blue glitter. Dice bins are a great way to bulk up what you find. And d6 cubes are easier to locate then poly sets. 

AHA. Okay, I think I just got the teal ones at Origins. It said 'borealis' on them and I was ECSTATIC. I don't know if they're the same type of borealis, though.

DMC has ruined me, honestly...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zoe said:

AHA. Okay, I think I just got the teal ones at Origins. It said 'borealis' on them and I was ECSTATIC. I don't know if they're the same type of borealis, though.

DMC has ruined me, honestly...

Congrats of your grab! Seriously I love the style. Even the new glitter is super pretty. I entirely blame my love for you guys for my new addiction to dice via DMC btw! Joining that page opened up a whole new world of dice. The shelf I got from you guys is very full of dice now. And I absolutely needed the dice chest you recommended to me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ElysianPeace said:

Congrats of your grab! Seriously I love the style. Even the new glitter is super pretty. I entirely blame my love for you guys for my new addiction to dice via DMC btw! Joining that page opened up a whole new world of dice. The shelf I got from you guys is very full of dice now. And I absolutely needed the dice chest you recommended to me. 

Oh yes, same for me. I blame it entirely on DMG for getting me into DMC because of our wooden dice. I'm SO glad you got that Black Limba chest to match all your other Black Limba stuff!!! You gotta get a photo of all of that together (and your dice... for me to see).

I'm pumped about the new prototypes @Konas & Cameron are working on. Fully intend on transporting all my various sets for D&D with them. I think I also need a few more D&D campaigns to justify all my dice, lmao...

1 hour ago, Zoe said:

Oh yes, same for me. I blame it entirely on DMG for getting me into DMC because of our wooden dice. I'm SO glad you got that Black Limba chest to match all your other Black Limba stuff!!! You gotta get a photo of all of that together (and your dice... for me to see).

I'm pumped about the new prototypes @Konas & Cameron are working on. Fully intend on transporting all my various sets for D&D with them. I think I also need a few more D&D campaigns to justify all my dice, lmao...

As my gaming group says: Some girls collect shoes, some collect dice.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My Dice chest & Stein JUST arrived about 2 hrs ago & I Love ‘em!!! I’ll be breaking them in when the others arrive very SOON! They are all gonna be So jealous!!

FFF90569-CE2C-4349-8F71-BC14989FF62C.jpeg

18E7BA6D-B6CA-40E9-9CA3-6E385958E3CB.jpeg

637DA4E0-056C-416D-B79B-B14D2F83E82F.jpeg

A8D4F753-4797-46B0-963B-C67F978A11FA.jpeg

• Like 7

On 7/7/2018 at 1:13 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Very nice @Dean McQuay!  I like imperial ruby finish.  What the heck is in the booze bottle?  p.s.  That's a lot of dice!

Thanks @Barb Bliss! I really liked the finish on the Dice Chest too.   @Phogg is correct, the bottle of booze is Crown Royal Maple.  The new stein did very well in helping me polish of Half of it that night.  Yup, can't deny that the Dice collection I have built up is LARGE... but how many is too many (LOL)?  

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 4:36 PM, Dean McQuay said:

My Dice chest & Stein JUST arrived about 2 hrs ago & I Love ‘em!!! I’ll be breaking them in when the others arrive very SOON! They are all gonna be So jealous!!

FFF90569-CE2C-4349-8F71-BC14989FF62C.jpeg

18E7BA6D-B6CA-40E9-9CA3-6E385958E3CB.jpeg

637DA4E0-056C-416D-B79B-B14D2F83E82F.jpeg

A8D4F753-4797-46B0-963B-C67F978A11FA.jpeg

Now that’s a good set up! You have excellent tast in gaming gear. May I ask what kind of die the light blue d20 in the back left of the final photo is?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ElysianPeace said:

Now that’s a good set up! You have excellent tast in gaming gear. May I ask what kind of die the light blue d20 in the back left of the final photo is?

It’s from a set of polys I got through Kraken Dice... they are the “Blue Sky” set. 

9F8DA19A-246A-4F87-8A44-52F70F08A6FA.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WxCougar said:

@Dean McQuay  That mug is quite lovely.  And there is no such thing as too many dice!

I love the beauty in the simplicity of the mug. Fantastically crafted but the Artisans at Dog Might, No matter what “character” I’m playing, the mug will fit perfectly.  Also, Great for containing all the Lumberjack Juice that is consumed in session.

• Like 1