Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

48 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

The left photo of your ziri looks like an ent face!!!!!! Great grabs! 

Ooh fun I hadn’t noticed that before, it does!!

Posted (edited)

The CoCos are HERE!  I got 2 in Benge wood.  I got them lest friday and have so far used them for every game I've put on the table this week.  They're working great, thank you DMG

IMG_3795.thumb.jpg.633af3c3a9a1002c79bce9c6c27b0cee.jpg

On the left, my Pass-em-Around CoCo, and the right is the Bank/Personal one.

IMG_3794.thumb.jpg.39a2aa823aa5c2b173843c3060006bf0.jpg

The Bank/Personal gives me a variety of tiles for all different game tokens, whether to use as a back or as an individual organizer.

IMG_3793.thumb.jpg.f2c58bdc2f4f7a496d9a1306ae0228fb.jpg

The Pass-em-Around is meant so that every player (up to 5) can get their own little tile with the two wells and also a card stand for hidden objectives/rolls.  The Deck and Card Stand tiles are gravy, although upon reflection and testing I should have just gotten 3 extra squares.  Then all players could have gotten a Double and a Square.

IMG_3789.thumb.jpg.5de1712e5d66dba441e43fe73cb9e052.jpg

A combination of both CoCos used for a mock-setup of Near and Far

IMG_3790.thumb.jpg.c3c8f2683e3ab6bdeb9f813008e24d2c.jpg

IMG_3797.thumb.jpg.edd1872a253dbc21b990a0ba29188949.jpg

And finally, my entire Dog Might collection so far (+3 more card stands not depicted).  Still have a Traveler Dice Tower coming next!

Edited by TheAuthorOfOZ
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

The CoCos are HERE!  I got 2 in Benge wood.  I got them lest friday and have so far used them for every game I've put on the table this week.  They're working great, thank you DMG

IMG_3795.thumb.jpg.633af3c3a9a1002c79bce9c6c27b0cee.jpg

On the left, my Pass-em-Around CoCo, and the right is the Bank/Personal one.

IMG_3794.thumb.jpg.39a2aa823aa5c2b173843c3060006bf0.jpg

The Bank/Personal gives me a variety of tiles for all different game tokens, whether to use as a back or as an individual organizer.

IMG_3793.thumb.jpg.f2c58bdc2f4f7a496d9a1306ae0228fb.jpg

The Pass-em-Around is meant so that every player (up to 5) can get their own little tile with the two wells and also a card stand for hidden objectives/rolls.  The Deck and Card Stand tiles are gravy, although upon reflection and testing I should have just gotten 3 extra squares.  Then all players could have gotten a Double and a Square.

IMG_3789.thumb.jpg.5de1712e5d66dba441e43fe73cb9e052.jpg

A combination of both CoCos used for a mock-setup of Near and Far

IMG_3790.thumb.jpg.c3c8f2683e3ab6bdeb9f813008e24d2c.jpg

IMG_3797.thumb.jpg.edd1872a253dbc21b990a0ba29188949.jpg

And finally, my entire Dog Might collection so far (+3 more card stands not depicted).  Still have a Traveler Dice Tower coming next!

You should also post your picture of playing Near and Far under the new thread showing CoCo's in use while gaming. I love Near & Far. I'm looking forward to the expansion arriving soon.

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

You should also post your picture of playing Near and Far under the new thread showing CoCo's in use while gaming. I love Near & Far. I'm looking forward to the expansion arriving soon.

I have a picture of them in use for Pandemic Legacy, but spoilers.  And I have only actually played Near and Far ONCE...to my displeasure.  I chose it for the pic because I remember it having a lot of components so I wanted to get a good example for that display.

I need to capture them actually in use more often! I have used them so far in:

Five Tribes, Ticket to Ride, Pulsar 2849, Gaia Project, Dice Forge (for storing stripped dice faces), Pillers of the Earth, Ethnos, and Dice Town.  More games to follow this weekend!

1 hour ago, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

I have a picture of them in use for Pandemic Legacy, but spoilers.  And I have only actually played Near and Far ONCE...to my displeasure.  I chose it for the pic because I remember it having a lot of components so I wanted to get a good example for that display.

I need to capture them actually in use more often! I have used them so far in:

Five Tribes, Ticket to Ride, Pulsar 2849, Gaia Project, Dice Forge (for storing stripped dice faces), Pillers of the Earth, Ethnos, and Dice Town.  More games to follow this weekend!

I have way too many games and I've only played t2r out of your list.  Geesh there are a lot of games out there.

Ding Dong!  DMG package on the stoop!  Delivered in one of only a few breaks in the rain today.  I'll get pictures later, but suffice it to say you guys snoozed on that phoenix rolling tray.  It's gorgeous!  Of course the BoRo XL sheath is luxurious.  So silky it just demanded a cheek rub.

• Like 1

Got my hero sleeves today, totally worth the wait. One of the canary sleeves is phenomenal and both of the bocote sleeves are stunning as well. The other two canary are more subtle but beautiful just the same

362CBCAD-A0D9-48A6-8A7B-15DEE16775BF.jpeg

98AE0833-D936-476A-B9E4-BB6B84AA079E.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

As promised, Drew's Christmas present.  Sorry about the sun glare.  It looks much richer and cooler in person.  How this stayed on the site as long as it did still puzzles me.  Kind of like that BoCo XL sheath.

Note: that Gibbon Ebony was worth every penny.  The chechen boulder ain't bad either 🙂

image.thumb.png.541a7ad84b0bac34089beac8c68dcf60.png

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Peter Pickle said:

Got my hero sleeves today, totally worth the wait. One of the canary sleeves is phenomenal and both of the bocote sleeves are stunning as well. The other two canary are more subtle but beautiful just the same

Loving that canarywood piece!  Wowzaz.  I have noticed that with my canarywood pieces either it looks incredibly stunning and colorful or incredibly drab and dull.  When you get a good piece like that though it makes up for some of the other pieces.  My Chechen coco that I received this week really solidified that chechen is my favorite wood so far (Bolivian Rosewood is second).  I'll have to get some pictures up.  However, they are almost all great in their own ways.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Loving that canarywood piece!  Wowzaz.  I have noticed that with my canarywood pieces either it looks incredibly stunning and colorful or incredibly drab and dull.  When you get a good piece like that though it makes up for some of the other pieces.  My Chechen coco that I received this week really solidified that chechen is my favorite wood so far (Bolivian Rosewood is second).  I'll have to get some pictures up.  However, they are almost all great in their own ways.  

My affordable (sort of) favorites are your favorites only in reverse order.  BoCo first then Chechen.  I have an XL CoCo, hero sleeve, and that boulder in Chechen.  My real favorite, Gibbon Ebony, is too expensive except for a small splurge like that D20.  Seems like the Canarywood is better for bigger pieces like a skirmish box or dice box.  Or maybe a dining room table???

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I looked closer at my shipping notices.  My coffee table arrives on Monday, BUT the legs don't show up until Tuesday!  Harrumph...  I hate to ask this, but is @Zoe fired?

Edited by Barb Bliss

On 6/2/2018 at 5:00 PM, Peter Pickle said:

I thought you'd appreciate that particularly fiery lookin' Canary! 😍

I've also got a Chechen Hero Sleeve.. or maybe I did send it... that had an amazing silvery feathered piece of sapwood. I think I did finally send it out, because the person had two Chechen sleeves, but I am worried they will want to send it back. Often happens with sapwood. If it is, I'll let you guys know.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:30 PM, Barb Bliss said:

I looked closer at my shipping notices.  My coffee table arrives on Monday, BUT the legs don't show up until Tuesday!  Harrumph...  I hate to ask this, but is @Zoe fired?

That's weird. They shipped the same day. They must be rushing on the table because it's probably a pain in the butt to keep in the trucks.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 8:27 PM, Barb Bliss said:

My affordable (sort of) favorites are your favorites only in reverse order.  BoCo first then Chechen.  I have an XL CoCo, hero sleeve, and that boulder in Chechen.  My real favorite, Gibbon Ebony, is too expensive except for a small splurge like that D20.  Seems like the Canarywood is better for bigger pieces like a skirmish box or dice box.  Or maybe a dining room table???

Tragic typo.  That BoRo, NOT BOCO.

13 minutes ago, Zoe said:

That's weird. They shipped the same day. They must be rushing on the table because it's probably a pain in the butt to keep in the trucks.

Maybe there is a way to "tie" multiple packages together so it doesn't happen to someone else in the future.

4 hours ago, Zoe said:

I thought you'd appreciate that particularly fiery lookin' Canary! 😍

I've also got a Chechen Hero Sleeve.. or maybe I did send it... that had an amazing silvery feathered piece of sapwood. I think I did finally send it out, because the person had two Chechen sleeves, but I am worried they will want to send it back. Often happens with sapwood. If it is, I'll let you guys know.

Why would they want to send it back?!!!!!  Crazy. 

13 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

Why would they want to send it back?!!!!!  Crazy. 

Because some people, apparently, don't like 'figured' woods - but want the wood to be as consistent as possible.

I don't quite get that myself - but to each their own.

• Like 1

Finally got to use my coco a little. The single card slot with the dual just wasnt long enough to fit my D&D spell cards, but that's perfectly fine. Can't wait to get to use this some more with my dice tower and other coco!!

20180602_132342.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DragonKin92 said:

Finally got to use my coco a little. The single card slot with the dual just wasnt long enough to fit my D&D spell cards, but that's perfectly fine. Can't wait to get to use this some more with my dice tower and other coco!!

20180602_132342.jpg

Oh no!! Sorry about that slot. If you curl the card a little bit to insert it and then let it settle, does it sit in there okay without damaging the card? If not, shoot me an email at zoe@dogmight.com and I can get you a replacement. 😁

My chechen and wenge dragon sheath along with my metal dice from Q Workshop.

20180607_212607.jpg

20180607_215603.jpg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

My chechen and wenge dragon sheath along with my metal dice from Q Workshop.

20180607_212607.jpg

20180607_215603.jpg

Your sheath looks cool. Those dice really stand out. I have not send that style before. 

8 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Your sheath looks cool. Those dice really stand out. I have not send that style before. 

The dice were from Q Workshop's Pathfinder metal dice kickstarter. I got the silver color set and my husband got the copper.

And thanks. I really love the sheath. I couldn't see the oni mask in it until I saw it in person. The image is upside down in my picture.

On 6/5/2018 at 1:25 PM, Zoe said:

Oh no!! Sorry about that slot. If you curl the card a little bit to insert it and then let it settle, does it sit in there okay without damaging the card? If not, shoot me an email at zoe@dogmight.com and I can get you a replacement. 😁

I will check to see if that works when I get back home from traveling, of course I forgot it on my trip to come game with friends. Then I will let you know!!

• Like 2