Jump to content
Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Konas said:

There's also a great album by the band Ween called Chocolate and Cheese. If you don't listen to Ween, you should.

For some strange reason I am suddenly in the mood for Chocolate Cheesecake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Not sure why the administrators have about 4 times as many reactions as we do...

Me neither. It is one of life's great mysteries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Can we sign a petition to get more? 

Absolutely. 10,000 signatures and I will get you more reactions.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Konas said:

Absolutely. 10,000 signatures and I will get you more reactions.

Would give you a laughing face but have not gotten the 10,000 signatures yet.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Konas said:

Absolutely. 10,000 signatures and I will get you more reactions.

My Aunt Gerry would call you a wisenheimer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zenithsplendor said:

Would give you a laughing face but have not gotten the 10,000 signatures yet.

That may be the last reaction for the day for me, so enjoy it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

My Aunt Gerry would call you a wisenheimer.

I have an Uncle Jerry that is a wisenheimer....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Konas said:

Absolutely. 10,000 signatures and I will get you more reactions.

I will add my name plus my 286 reputation.

287/10,000.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok - catching up on pics that I owe.

First the 'cases':

Prototype Card Case

PrototypeCardTray.thumb.jpg.df351caec7aa18fafbd0276e883c63ea.jpg

 

Ziricote XL

ZiricoteXL.thumb.jpg.a387107979cfe64750ce4a4f421e4326.jpg

ZiricoteXL_Open.thumb.jpg.c7c872a08a72e03d5d6ef7ea59a134ab.jpg

 

Redheart Skirmish Box -- This is so beautiful.. definitely fits well with my BoRo Box as well.

RedheartSkirmishTop.thumb.jpg.28978ebd4f97f2b15ea35a1837bead5f.jpg

RedheartSkirmish.thumb.jpg.b7297180be0d26104d84025e09f72fb1.jpg

RedheartSkirmishOpen.thumb.jpg.2b6a872f7a620a7a022d7e2c2664589e.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now for the dice -- hopefully I have all of the woods correct for this  (Not sure if I mixed up the boxes for the Tambootie and the Pau Rosa)

 

First the Singles:

Top row:  African Blackwood, Bocote, Yucatan Rosewood, Bloodwood

Bottom Row:  Chacate Preto, Timborana, Gaboon Ebony, Tortoise Shell in Resin

DiceSingles.thumb.jpg.0b4e17a4bcd0d0c772eac58fa9b03771.jpg

I do love the tortoise shell - unfortunately the base where the shell was touching the bottom really is hard to read

TortoiseShell.thumb.jpg.c3e91190445e3d1cbbeffcc406bca244.jpg

First set of Polys:

Top Row:  Olivewood

Bottom Row:  Tambootie

Polys1.thumb.jpg.65fae5179ecaf721a8711642bbfa618e.jpg

Second set of Polys:

Top Row:  Pau Rosa

Bottom Row:  Granadillo -- I like the Royal Azel.. but it is a little difficult to read on some of the darker areas of the dice.

Polys2.thumb.jpg.5e3cbc1470e738b764aa2f2d6493d421.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is my Christmas present from this year. A Bubinga Adventure chest.  I think my phone camera washes color out as this guy is a bit redder in person.

 

EDIT: This is actually Padauk, not Bubinga.

20180515_172448.jpg

20180515_172531.jpg

Edited by WxCougar
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Konas said:

Although Dogs rule!

Dogs drool.

Cats are cool.

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

And now for the dice -- hopefully I have all of the woods correct for this  (Not sure if I mixed up the boxes for the Tambootie and the Pau Rosa)

 

First the Singles:

Top row:  African Blackwood, Bocote, Yucatan Rosewood, Bloodwood

Bottom Row:  Chacate Preto, Timborana, Gaboon Ebony, Tortoise Shell in Resin

DiceSingles.thumb.jpg.0b4e17a4bcd0d0c772eac58fa9b03771.jpg

I do love the tortoise shell - unfortunately the base where the shell was touching the bottom really is hard to read

TortoiseShell.thumb.jpg.c3e91190445e3d1cbbeffcc406bca244.jpg

First set of Polys:

Top Row:  Olivewood

Bottom Row:  Tambootie

Polys1.thumb.jpg.65fae5179ecaf721a8711642bbfa618e.jpg

Second set of Polys:

Top Row:  Pau Rosa

Bottom Row:  Granadillo -- I like the Royal Azel.. but it is a little difficult to read on some of the darker areas of the dice.

Polys2.thumb.jpg.5e3cbc1470e738b764aa2f2d6493d421.jpg

I think you got your Pau Rosa and Tambootie polys reversed...

Your Gibbon Ebony die looks like a twin to mine 🙂

They all look real nice by the way.  Envious of your redheart box.

Edited by Barb Bliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

Dogs drool.

Cats are cool.

7 am and I'm out of reactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These pics are amazing! Thanks to one and all for posting. It brings joy to my heart when you find the wood as beautiful as I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

And now for the dice -- hopefully I have all of the woods correct for this  (Not sure if I mixed up the boxes for the Tambootie and the Pau Rosa)

 

First the Singles:

Top row:  African Blackwood, Bocote, Yucatan Rosewood, Bloodwood

Bottom Row:  Chacate Preto, Timborana, Gaboon Ebony, Tortoise Shell in Resin

DiceSingles.thumb.jpg.0b4e17a4bcd0d0c772eac58fa9b03771.jpg

I do love the tortoise shell - unfortunately the base where the shell was touching the bottom really is hard to read

TortoiseShell.thumb.jpg.c3e91190445e3d1cbbeffcc406bca244.jpg

First set of Polys:

Top Row:  Olivewood

Bottom Row:  Tambootie

Polys1.thumb.jpg.65fae5179ecaf721a8711642bbfa618e.jpg

Second set of Polys:

Top Row:  Pau Rosa

Bottom Row:  Granadillo -- I like the Royal Azel.. but it is a little difficult to read on some of the darker areas of the dice.

Polys2.thumb.jpg.5e3cbc1470e738b764aa2f2d6493d421.jpg

Hmm, it looks like you probably did mix up the Tambootie and Pau Rosa. Give them a sniff. Tambootie smells like cologne. (I love it for some reason.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Here is my Christmas present from this year. A Bubinga Adventure chest.  I think my phone camera washes color out as this guy is a bit redder in person.

20180515_172448.jpg

20180515_172531.jpg

BUBINGAAAAAA!!! It's hard to capture how gorgeous Bubinga is in photographs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Zoe said:

BUBINGAAAAAA!!! It's hard to capture how gorgeous Bubinga is in photographs.

LOL.  I really love all the woods, but I will say Bubinga also really seems to take sculpts well - better than many of the other woods to my eye.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Hmm, it looks like you probably did mix up the Tambootie and Pau Rosa. Give them a sniff. Tambootie smells like cologne. (I love it for some reason.)

 

I'll try that.  But yeah - I thought I had them stacked properly, but I did think the Pau Rosa should have been the 'redder' set of the two.

So I was a little confused.  Those were the only ones I couldn't determine.

As for the tortoise shell - I think this is one case where the mother of pearl didn't work so well.  I think Jet or Malachite might have been a better choice on that (even though I know you said the Pearl worked better on the resin).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I'll try that.  But yeah - I thought I had them stacked properly, but I did think the Pau Rosa should have been the 'redder' set of the two.

So I was a little confused.  Those were the only ones I couldn't determine.

As for the tortoise shell - I think this is one case where the mother of pearl didn't work so well.  I think Jet or Malachite might have been a better choice on that (even though I know you said the Pearl worked better on the resin).

Yeah! It's Malachite on the KS campaign now. :)

7 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

LOL.  I really love all the woods, but I will say Bubinga also really seems to take sculpts well - better than many of the other woods to my eye.

Heck yeah it does!!! It makes for amazing GM Systems for this reason, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zoe said:

 

Heck yeah it does!!! It makes for amazing GM Systems for this reason, too.

I can confirm this.  I put the pics up somewhere on this thread. So gorgeous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That redheart box is pretty cool. The more I see the different woods, the harder it gets to choose! I also like that prototype card case - that looks really handy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WxCougar said:

That redheart box is pretty cool. The more I see the different woods, the harder it gets to choose! I also like that prototype card case - that looks really handy.

That's definitely one of my issues (appreciating all the different woods on their own).

I do definitely have a preference for those darker woods that still show off shading and variation.  I still appreciate Wenge or Canarywood.. but Bubinga, Redheart, Rosewoods and Bocote are definitely amongst my favorites.

Edited by Thomas Browne
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×